It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Earthquake in Japan 7.1 magnitude

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This just came on the news so there was not much information... Tsunami warnings issued.

An earthquake with magnitude 7.0 occurred near Kumamoto, Kyushu, Japan at 16:25:06.20 UTC on Apr 15, 2016 ...

Here is a link to a news story posted a few minutes ago: Earthquake

I know there was the possibility of aftershocks from the previous quake, but this one might be a bit more than was expected?
edit on 4152016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

edit on 4152016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I just saw this too. Hope everyone can stay safe over there, two big ones in two days, their nerves must be rattled.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Oh.. that's horrible

The Japanese have been through so much the past century.. my heart feels for its people and land.

Hoping all is not as bad as it seems, but surely devastating.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Namazu is at it again :

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's been revised to a 7.4. Wow... Tsunami warning. I pray they are able to get to higher ground. Those poor people!

I think there's going to be another quake that's even bigger soon.
edit on 15-4-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Live video being streamed from the area:
Not sure how long it will be up... but here's the link.
www.periscope.tv...

S&F, OP. This is especially interesting considering the concerns that these recent quakes might be building into one larger one.

Keeping watch.

edit on 15-4-2016 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is bad. This could spell a very big one coming.
The next few hours/days will be scary for all living there.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

This is awful. Shallow depth. The 6.4 (of two days ago) now (and its aftershocks) would be considered FORE shocks.

Prayers and good thoughts that this is the worst and NOT a precursor to a bigger one.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So, I just moved to the West Coast recently, I suppose I should begin paying better attention to these tsunami warnings, regardless of them being on the other side of the pacific.. I know waves die down with time and distance, but still, all these EQs going off along the Japan coast has me a little worried... And for the people there, I can only imagine, each day, being fearful as your region continues to wake up... Stay safe everyone out there!

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iunlimited491

The link has ended now

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Bad news. I hope it doesn't cause the people there too much problems. Hopefully there won't be a powerful tsunami.

I don't know how people could live in a place where there was always a risk of a big quake. I like stable ground. I live where the ground is snowcovered half the year but there aren't many bad spiders or poisonous snakes here, they are to smart to move to this forsaken frozen land. We still have snowbanks four feet high around the driveway, I suppose this would scare the hell out of the Japanese people.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

They were saying the 6.4 the other day was most likely a foreshock and a big one was coming let's hope this is the big one and that it isn't yet another foreshock because at 7.4 and if it is only a foreshock then the big one will be huge

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I can't imagine how this impacts the already-damaged areas from yesterday. They're going to have a hell of a mess (figuratively & literally) to deal with over there.

originally posted by: rickymouse
We still have snowbanks four feet high around the driveway, I suppose this would scare the hell out of the Japanese people.

Actually, some of the snowiest places in the world are in N Japan. You know that infamous picture of a bus passing through a snow "corridor" some 50 or 60 feet high? Japan.
edit on 4/15/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
So, I just moved to the West Coast recently, I suppose I should begin paying better attention to these tsunami warnings, regardless of them being on the other side of the pacific.. I know waves die down with time and distance, but still, all these EQs going off along the Japan coast has me a little worried... And for the people there, I can only imagine, each day, being fearful as your region continues to wake up... Stay safe everyone out there!

Keep this one marked and check whenever anything happened.

wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
My post yesterday about 'precursors'…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Need to pay attention to the aftershock sequence of this latest quake.

That should give an idea ad to whether or not this was the main shock and not yet another foreshock.

Thoughts and prayers with the people off Japan.
edit on 15-4-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
www.cnn.com... 7.0 quake strikes Japan after earlier one kills 9
By Don Melvin and Greg Botelho, CNN

Updated 1:32 PM ET, Fri April 15, 2016

A tsunami advisory is issued, then lifted
The quake was centered not far from a 6.2-magnitude tremor on Thursday
Baby pulled safely from rubble; Prime Minister to visit affected areas
Tokyo (CNN) A 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck early Saturday morning in Japan's Kyushu island, the same region a magnitude-6.2 quake struck two days earlier.

The U.S. Geological Survey reported that the latest quake struck just west-southwest of Kumamoto-shi and about 8 miles south-southeast of Ueki -- the epicenter of the late-Thursday tremor that left nine dead.
It was not immediately clear if anyone was injured or killed as a result of Saturday morning's seismic event. Nor was it clear how much damage, if any, had been caused.
But it did prompt the Japan Meteorological Agency to issue a tsunami advisory for coastal regions of Japan on the Ariake Sea and Yatsushiro Sea around 2 a.m. Saturday (1 p.m. ET Friday). The agency subsequently lifted all tsunami warnings and advisories.
edit on 15-4-2016 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Like the one two days ago, it's in the same region as Japan's only other 2 Nuclear power plant facilities.

Eek...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumStickNinja

Japan's only other 2 Nuclear power plant facilities.

Um, how many NPPs do you think Japan has in total?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Sigh...apparently only 3.

Thx

<<   2  3 >>

join