It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Food Recipes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Lately i wanted to cook something German, so i tried Lucca Augen recipe that i found in Ure Smith's recipe book, it's surprisingly really good. This is how to make :

Mix fresh ground meat with worcestershire sauce, 1 egg yolk, and grated onion (i prefer using spice blender). Spread them on toasted white bread, and top it with caviar and fresh oyster (i use smoked oyster).

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: aphon

this used to be one of my most favorite dishes. i used to know all the restaurants in town back in europe that made the best beef tartare.

now on the internet i found it under the name steak tartare.

apparently it is not so easy to do, there are some strict rules

Here’s Why You Should Never Make Steak Tartare At Home

i never knew this, we used to make it at home too

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Get one freshly killed deer and a knife. There you go. Enjoy! For a real adventure, forgo using the knife and stick your head into the body cavity. Watch out getting fur in your teeth.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

It can be gross and not very hygienic to think it twice, but it still tastes good... lol. I always make steak tartare with pre ground beef, im still survive luckily.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That's the best way to make steak tartare. lol

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I was hoping you would have a sense of humor about that.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I know youre joking, but nothing's better for steak tartare other than freshly cut meat

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

That reminded me of Leo in the revenant ...

😜
edit on 15-4-2016 by Timely because: Spelling atrocity ...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Get one freshly killed deer and a knife. There you go. Enjoy! For a real adventure, forgo using the knife and stick your head into the body cavity. Watch out getting fur in your teeth.

Dang, Ol country boy here . You have just turned my stomach with that one.
Star for you , your a better person than me..

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I like a good black and blue steak, if the cut is worth it. Beef tartar is a fantastic dish when done properly. "Ground beef" isn't a term i would associate with it. Freshly minced meat sounds more appropriate. But i guess when you scale up producftion, hand mincing meat takes too long.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I
"Ground beef" isn't a term i would associate with it. Freshly minced meat sounds more appropriate. But i guess when you scale up producftion, hand mincing meat takes too long.

I always order steak tartar when I see it on a menu. If it came out ground instead of minced I would send it back.

Next time you make it to NYC the tartar at 21 Club is on me. Bring a suit.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I've heard of beef tartar and blue steak.
(Tartar being raw and blue being slightly singed)

What is 'black and blue' ?πŸ™„

Don't mind a carpet bag steak ... mmm !

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
What is 'black and blue' ?πŸ™„

Don't mind a carpet bag steak ... mmm !

That is sometimes called 'Pittsburgh Black'. You char the outside but leave the inside very rare (blue).

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ahh that makes sense !

Thanks Augustus ! I enjoy learning new things as an interested old fart ...rather than a dis-interested and distracted youth ...

πŸ˜₯

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I so wish I could eat onions...but I can't. It's physically impossible for me to eat them. I've tried. The texture is revolting to this human form. Had a grandad the same way. Old Indian fart (feather not dot) married a good German woman and had seven kids, she would have to cook a separate dish just for him.
I'd love to order things like tartare or poke but onions...

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

black and blue is, for me, the only way to eat a good tenderloin or filet.

otherwise, im a rare/medium rare kinda guy. I like the fat to render just a bit and char on the outside.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
I never saw that but keep hearing about it. I'll have to watch it.

a reply to: Gothmog
I was bored and feeling a bit wild last night. I actually debated whether or not to delete that. I wasn't sure if I'd gone to far or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
im a huge fan of salads (a raw food), and keep an enormous stock of oils and vinegars to make fresh vinaigrettes daily. Of all the salads, this is the best I have ever had (i usually serve it with a lightly cooked fish like ahi, or a simple poached shrimp):

boulderlocavore.com...

It calls for white asparagus, peeled. You can use green, no problem. But make sure you go through the PITA of peeling it, to expose the wonderfully nutty heart. That flavor, when mixed with the arugula is a bit of heaven.

I also prefer a champaign vineger and shallot dressing over the meyer lemon one in the linked recipe.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

omg that sounds delicious. My belly's furious.

new topics

top topics

join