It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Known Donor Registry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

There are informal, unregulated websites popping up where men who are willing to donate their sperm for free can meet women who are hoping to have a baby.

The most established sperm donation website in the U.S., the Known Donor Registry, launched in 2010. Since then, it has grown to more than 16,000 members.

Membership to this site and others does not necessarily reflect how many people actually conceive this way — in fact, there really aren't solid statistics on this kind of exchange. But there are anecdotes, and people have come forward saying they've tried it.

Known Donor Registry is like a social network sperm donation: Women and men create profiles where they have to give a name (not necessarily their own full name), and the city in which they live.

People can include pictures of themselves, and what method they'd like to use to conceive. Some choose to conceive by artificial insemination, without a physician, as a recent 20/20 episode detailed. Others opt for something called natural insemination: sex with the sole aim of getting a woman pregnant.

www.npr.org...

your thoughts?

My thoughts...

I am a single mother currently but close to 40. Of course, ideally, I would like to be in a serious relationship (I don't want to get married) before having a second child but not working out that way. I am very happy with just 1, but heard about this and it got me thinking...

What if I go ahead and get my children that I want out of life, then look for my "soul mate". Then I would be fulfilled if I do or don't find the guy.

Many sperm banks do not cater to single women or lesbians, that makes me furious. Who is to say that a child with an ignorant or always fighting mom & dad is better off than the single mother (or father) who is peaceful, wise and full of love?

Of course there are many variations of parenting in between but...just tell me your thoughts? Also trying to figure out why some men only want to have sex for the sole reason to make a baby instead of AI...to me that is crazy but again...I am not a guy so maybe there is more insight?

Judgmental "Christians" please do not reply...thanks
edit on 14-4-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity
I have been known to donate for free without a website being involved. (I have four children to show for it!)
I have no motile sperm any more, so if I would hook up with some website, it could be considered false advertising or something like that.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Did you use Artificial Insemination or did you prefer the direct deposit?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It seems like not very many women go through with it in the end. Who's to say the mans sperm is even viable?

If a man just wants to be a sperm donor, unless he's a red head usually, he could get paid a small fee for it. Why would you want to have sex with the woman?

Does the website protect the donor and the mother from possible legal claims for custody or support?

I would say just be careful. There are also STI's to think about, and medical history.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- Firstly, got any pics? hahahaha j/k.. I'm trying to figure out the 2nd paragraph and it's meaning. This part: "What if I go ahead and get My children that I want out of Life..." is 'that' supposed to be 'what'?.

In My personal experience I have discovered that the ONLY One that can make me feel "fulfilled" is Me and if I continue to search outside of My own Self, I will be never sated..

You're PERFECT already so allow Your perfection to shine through and You should be at least a 3some by the middle of Summer.

Stay Hydrated My Friend,

namaste

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: butcherguy

Did you use Artificial Insemination or did you prefer the direct deposit?

Always direct deposit. Never even tried artificial. I don't even own a turkey baster.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

There are also STI's to think about, and medical history.

Yep.
Want quality stuff, better go to a place that does a little testing. The mother to be should have DNA testing done too. One thing that comes to mind is Cystic Fibrosis. If both parents carry the gene, there is 25% chance that the child will have CF.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Thanks so much, you are correct. I am fulfilled by myself. (I may be a 3some?)

I went through 1 pregnancy by myself already (father and I co-parent tho) and it was an amazing experience. I am still feeling amazing bc of it, I love my little one and would love to have another.

I already know I can do it by myself, I know I am a good mother, have a good job and support system, and sort of ache for this, but always knew that it may not happen...however, I heard about this and it has me thinking...but probably will still not do it.

I just think that its so great that technology is bringing people together like this when most sperm banks will not cater to single women or lesbians.

I am also curious about the men who only want to do direct deposit...why?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

I am also curious about the men who only want to do direct deposit...why?

They could be looking to prey on women who would like to get pregnant.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Many people do go through with this though, this makes it affordable and available to single women and lesbian/gay couples.

Of course one would want to do screening, etc...which would end up being about the same price as a sperm bank ($100-$500).

Also one would want to consult legal advice before donating or receiving bc that could be hairy. There are no laws for conceiving outside of a sperm bank so if the mother knew the father she could rightfully sue for child support and he could rightfully sue for custody.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

They could be looking to prey on women who would like to get pregnant.

that's is my initial thought, but trying to be open-minded, maybe learn some insight on man feelings

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Well We members of ATS™ can't complain about the ads as this one just popped up on the top of Your thread:

www.growinggenerations.com...

www.growinggenerations.com Evidently You can even do a FREE search of donors..

Continued "Happy Hunting" and have the utmost confidence that You'll find what it is You are looking for. Anyone working from the anahata like You do SHOULD be rewarded at different times during their incarnations..

namaste

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I wish someone would come on and give any reason. Nothing I can think of makes sense, but I'm not a man.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

THanks for the kind words.

I cannot believe how fast that ad made it to this thread, wow, lol

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The only thing that's really concerning, IMO, besides STIs, is people trying to do at-home artificial insemination. At-homers should at LEAST have a gynecologist perform the procedure. There is risk of perforating the uterus when trying to insert the insemination catheter - it's not just turkey baster up the hoo-haa (at least, not if you want much chance of success.)

I'm assuming people can use this method of finding a donor in conjunction with a gynecologist performing the Intra-Uterine-Insemination procedure, although there may be processes they want followed, and one would have to find a willing/capable doctor. I just hope the website at least helps to alert people to the risks and proper process and women aren't just cramming tubes through their cervixes (cervices?) willy-nilly.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I just hope the website at least helps to alert people to the risks and proper process and women aren't just cramming tubes through their cervixes (cervices?) willy-nilly.

yeah, me too. I haven't thought of that, maybe that's why direct deposit is preferred by some. I hope there are safety measures such as "visits with gyno" instructed, I know there are message boards. I haven't read thru the website too much but yes that IS a concern.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What guarantee is there the samples are pure, free from disease, or dna is perfect so nothing will develop in later years like psychiatric issues, cancer, alzeheimers, ms, whatever?

I can go to the store and buy milk with an expiration date 2 weeks from now...and taste it and it will still be bad. All the store will do is replace it.

You may not know the sperm sample was bad until a child develops and grows in the years to come. And you cant take it back to the "store" and ask for a refund or another one....

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I guess that's why it is recommended for the donor to be tested?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Of course...but we all know that diseases and disorders can show nothing...zero...zip of any indications to abnormalities that come on suddenly in later life as I described. Everyday families discover their child has something horrible at age 2-6-15-etc.

Happens everyday. And you cant take the kid back to the donor center for a replacement.Testing is an imperfect procedure. Some things do not show no matter what...until later in life....

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well, that is also a risk taken for standard couples that want to conceive. There is always a risk involved.

However so bad, im sure that if the receiver has a good heart, they will not want to give the baby back to the donor, that's unthinkable and ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join