It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observation about Tom Delonge AMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I was wondering if any other ATSers picked up on a parallel between Tom Delonge's ideas about the UFO phenomenon and the most recent season of the X-Files?

SPOILER ALERT!

On the most recent season of X-Files Mulder has a source that claims almost everything we know about the UFO phenomenon is wrong. The crash at Roswell was extraterrestrial but majority of the subsequent UFOS and abductions were experiments by a shadow group part of the US government using the technology that they recovered.

I feel like a good portion of what Tom was suggesting was almost taken verbatim from some of the montage/flashback scenes featured on season 10.

It has sort of happened in the past too. When the B-52 bomber was being tested and flown at night, the general public were calling in to local police departments claiming to have witnessed a UFO and the government was fine having the public believe that.

What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

If you listened to on larry king way back when that included a sceptic he was pretty close to repeating all the he spoke about on coasttocoast...

I reserve judgement at the moment regarding credibility...i did not watch the complete xfiles for the recent season...interesting observation on your end OP

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
maybe because what the x files had to say is part truth
heres my thoughts on everything , after x files/tom delonge, and others i have heard it from. the USA started testing atomic weapons in the early 1940s. Atomic blasts never end. the shock waves radiate forever. this alerted ETs. They looked at earth and said what the hell was that? they introduced them selves to president eisenhower. they made an agreement between themselves and the us goverment. we get technology, they get human subjects. well, the humans needed humans to use their new technology on. so we began to "abduct" humans as well, in an effort to legally use dna manipulation.
now the x files stated that they did this to manipulate our dna, and add genes that made our immune systems shut down, making our bodies unable to fight off even the weakest of colds. im not sure if this was the reasoning behind it. i think they understand the things humans can do but we may have suppressed. ill explain.... for instance, have you ever watched a flock of birds and wonder how they know when the flock is moving? telekenisis? speaking through their minds?
i seen a study, where a man would leave his job, and as soon as he left everyday, his dog at home would go nuts, and wait for him. is this remote viewing? from an animal?
humans have used speech to communicate for the last 10000 years. maybe before that we could communicate with our minds, and slowly we have "unlearned " that ability. maybe TPTB have figured that all out. mind reading, remote viewing, clairvoyance, psychic powers... all of which i believe we can do.
there is a limit to what the ETs gave us. im sure they didnt want us time traveling, or entering other dimensions, and im sure they are watching what our goverment is doing.
if there is one species of intelligent life visiting, they may be 10s or 100s checking us out.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Ummm...actually...from studying all of his..."answers"...in his AMA...It almost sounds like he was reading from a script for "Star Gate SG1"...

Alien Races posing as the..."Gods" of antiquity"...and battling one another while using humans as hosts and chess pieces...
I think he also had a "Goa'ould"...alien parasite species represented...although I could be mistaken...

He sure lumped together Gods and demons and angels/fallen angels into the mix of alien races...all while stating that what these species were battling over was the human Soul...

Unfortunately for the true believers...(of which I am not one)...he was both cryptic and uninformative...
There was nothing new that hasn't been spoken to already...or seen in television shows...

At least that was my take on his answers to fellow members...Not trying to slam the guy...but he didn't bring anything new to the table...nor did he convince me of anything I already hadn't considered...from a skeptical/speculative..."what if"...manner of thinking/speaking...Heck I've even written about some of these very things in some of my threads...

Edit to add:...I also thought it was quite funny that he stated that the "good" aliens are supporting the good ole US of A...while the "bad" aliens are backing the Russians and the Chinese...That to me was fairly laughable...not sure if anyone else caught that or not...

YouSir
edit on 13-4-2016 by YouSir because: of a desire to add something...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What was considered "fringe" not so long ago has now well and truly permeated the mainstream entertainment industry.
The X Files pretty much popularised paranormal studies and it did so well because the research was top notch, compared to a lot of modern drama.

It also helped embed a lot of elements from the general UFO scene mythology.
Its easy to spot, in conversation, who has been into this stuff for years, and who is quite new to the scene.

Im neutral on this whole AMA thing because I had no idea who Tom was or that he'd written a book. I did read the whole thread.
From an outside perspective I'd say you are right. It sounds to me like someone's spent too long on the internet, squashed it all up into a "new" story and then added on a secret handler to explain how he's now on the inside.

Sci-Fi and UFOs have a pretty incestuous relationship at times and it gets pretty murky the more you look at it.
There's a cultural feedback loop between research and entertainment and distinguishing between the two is getting trickier.
edit on 13-4-2016 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How are the X-Files tv show any closer to the truth than anything else out there in TV land? I don't get it.

as for Tom...the empty barrel rattles the loudest

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It was apparent to me that the questions presented to Tom made him realize, he was about to get outed as a charlatan and just decided to disappear without answering anything of substance.
edit on 14-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

In that case ATS lived up to its motto.

"Deny ignorance" .....indeed.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Indeed.

As for X files being closer to the truth? Not quite what I meant. More, the stories, as presented were treated quite well with regard to the folklore and history behind them.

Anyway, I hope the name Bennewitz popped up in Mr D's research.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Indeed.

As for X files being closer to the truth? Not quite what I meant. More, the stories, as presented were treated quite well with regard to the folklore and history behind them.

Anyway, I hope the name Bennewitz popped up in Mr D's research.

I think its possible hes been "bennewitzed" himself.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

It does have that feel about it doesn't it?
I don't think we're the only ones who noticed.
It could all end in tears, I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 26 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yeah, he wasn't very forthcoming with any info. I'd guess he didn't want to give too much away so folks would buy the book. I did buy it for my Nook. So far it's a decent read

top topics

join