It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The heavy, icky, dirty energy of a house for sale

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark That would be a good thread! I just read a little bit, but there must be a lot of stories about that.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat
They have tours. It's supposed to be haunted. I think TAPS or whatever they're called on Ghost Hunters did a show on it.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark I'm going to look for that episode, thanks 😊. Doubt I'll ever visit it, I'll take Domo1's word that it is creepy to be there.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

My bad. So it's a guided tour through areas that used to be street level, but are now underground. My Grandmother (who I adore) had never been (despite living around here for a long time), so I took her.

BILL SPEIDEL'S UNDERGROUND TOUR
is a leisurely, guided walking tour beneath Seattle’s sidewalks and streets. As you roam the subterranean passages that once were the main roadways and first-floor storefronts of old downtown Seattle, our guides regale you with the stories our pioneers didn’t want you to hear. It’s history with a twist!
The tour begins inside Doc Maynard’s Public House, a restored 1890s saloon. Following a short intro, we’ll walk through historic Pioneer Square to three different sections of Underground—about three blocks in all.

Funny story about it. When I was younger I went with my Dad. Not sure if they still do this, but you start out in a place and have you sit on benches. I got super bored (I think I was 6) and started leaning back. Guy was talking over a mic with speakers... I leaned back to stretch, flipped over and let out a mighty roar when I landed on my head. The guy on the microphone paused, everyone looked at me (like a wave of head turns). My Dad picked me up, made sure I was OK, and started laughing when he saw me laughing. Everyone there cracks up. He started doing this thing with upside down rabbit fingers (like legs sitting/upside down peace sign), and then flipping them up. We couldn't deal with each other when one of us went off laughing, so I would pull the upside down legs on him in random places. That laugh man. I miss him a lot.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1 Thank you Domo1, tonight is the first I have ever heard of this place. Your Dad sounds like a very kind man, thank you for sharing that story.
Do you remember the rest of the tour after you fell over backwards... you were only six.
I was thinking about if I was a kid, how I would perceive the house I looked in compared to being a grown person. I always think kids are more sensitive, but being sensitive to weird energies can also evolve over time... I've been feeling rather balanced lately and that could be why I picked up on something. I mention all this because, your experience as a young one seems drastically different then when you were older.
Thank you for replying.
Skidmark mentioned Seattle Underground would be an interesting thread topic and I agree, since you have personal experience there, maybe you might like to do a thread on it?... Hope I am not overstepping, just thought you might be interested... if not, I might think about it in about 4 months or so. I have other things (thread topic idea's) right now.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen

The sulphur and yarrow generally works in these situations.

Rudolph Steiner, in his lectures on bio-dynamics spoke of the nature spirits of yarrow as being the experts when dealing with sulphur.

Steiner spoke of sulphur as being one of the Light Bearers within the Household of Nature.

Fire adds a certain mobility to sulphur.

It is is not a difficult thing to do. If you have a clear idea of what you wish to achieve, eg make the neighborhood a nicer place to live in by clearing away the muck, the nature spirits will understand what to do.

Cleaned properly, the house-spirit might even decide to return if she likes the family that buys the house.

Little OT but could you go into this a little more? Sulphur & Yarrow as a cleansing agent are unfamiliar to me, but it's always nice to add something new to one's tool-kit.

Yarrow I'm more familiar with in a herbal connotation, plus gardening, it's a winner for butterflies and bees. Sulphur seems like a paradox in this application since the little I know of it, is sulphur smells etc are more associated with negative things showing up?

This is very intriguing!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Hi Caver78, the yarrow and sulphur is a home grown remedy for "dark problems". Maybe "negative" might be an alternative word for "dark", depends on your point of view.

I used to use salt, rosemary and lavender to help with cleaning a site, but those were not up to some tasks such as where a history of horrors had built up to the point of having a life of it's own.

By studying the 'negative' processes involved one could see that certain spiritual lights of the location were infected or replaced with negative influences.

The nature of the influences are akin to the processes of putrification in Nature.

Sulphur as a bearer of certain spiritual light (Steiner called this light " Old Man Sulphur" from memory) has the ability to, shall we say; bring light to a situation.

Before antibiotics we had sulphur drugs to treat bacterial infections by the way.

Earth has a wonderful diversity of unseen life, in a manner of speaking, this remedy is medicinal for that unseen life.

On the negative association I don't have any personal experience. But I have noticed that salt and sulphur often occur in nature where a cleaning is needed in a close to physical way. Another thing one notices occasionally is catching a strange scent momentarily. I remember someone writing in a book on Angelic Beings that a certain type announced it's presence with a wiff of vanilla. (One could make a bad joke here, gotta have a sense of humor . . .)

It follows that other Angelic Beings wield sulphur in their day to day business.

Remember though, some people have allergic reactions to sulphur and it is not good to breath it in. When cleaning a building, I'll partly open all the cupboards, robes, draws etc.. Light up some of the mix and walk through wafting it about into corners etc., then get out, have a smoke, and then open the doors and windows to air out the house.

I don't actually think there are truely evil spirits and locations. Everything I have seen suggests "infection". Like having an infected sore on a finger, sometimes the body can deal with it, sometimes we need help. I think the earth is like the body, it needs help sometimes as do the unseen side of life.

Gotta stop here. This is Peppycat's thread after all.

edit on 13-4-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: fix important typo, fourth paragraph , "..... processes of putrification in Nature." is correct.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thank You and apologies to Poppycat for this side-trail!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78 No problem! I find cleansing in the spiritual sense, interesting and I imagine and hope that anyone willing to buy and occupy the house I wrote about, will do a proper spiritual cleansing on the inside of that home as well as a physical renovation.
The outside surrounding property didn't give me a gross, icky energy... just looking inside and touching the outside of the house had me praying to God it doesn't effect me and when I got back home I had to burn cedar and sage incense for my body and then shower to clear my own energies.
I hadn't heard of yarrow and sulpher for spiritual cleansing that Whatsthisthen, brought to light and I'm glad you two discussed it here!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I absolutely don't discount your feelings or senses about the house.... but... my two cents....

1) It's definitely true that the (extremely) outdated finishes and furnishings of a home can trigger something inside us that is just flat-out creepy. However, I think that it is in part due to:

- Seeing something "old" which we wouldn't normally see and in some ways "old" equals "death" equals "the creeps."

- Sometimes the exact same "creepy old house" is not so creepy if you know/knew the people that live/lived there. When we first moved to our current crappy apartment (on the second floor of a two family house) there was an elderly couple that lived in the house next door. They were so remarkably kind and my wife and I hit it off with them immediately. We would shovel their walkway for them and offer to pick up groceries for them (which they rarely accepted unless there was a major storm going on). As much time as we spent with them, it was almost ALWAYS as we were both in our back yards talking over the 4' white picket fence. (Actually, the old fella actually introduced me to Blue Moon winter ale). Anyway, long story short he passed away and she passed away a few years later. After that, I had seen on of their daughters at the house and I knocked on the door to say hello and to give my condolences. It was the first time I was ever in the house and it was EXTREMELY dated with that old old OLD wall paper and bizarre knick-knacks that old people have and it wreaked of that "old people smell." My point of saying all this is to say that walking through that dated house, had I not know the people who lived there I promise you I would have likely had that "creepy feeling" running through my veins. However, since I did know them and since I was fond of them it was just a house that old people lived in and nothing more.

- I work construction for various city agencies and often the projects involve updating OLD facilities or repurposing OLD facilities. Long story short, I've learned from speaking with many reps of the various agencies that many, MANY horror movie/show scenes have been filmed in some of the places where I've worked because they are literally ready-to-go creepy locations. Take the sub-basement of a 90 or 100 year old pool facility and you have all the elements: Lights flickering, old concrete and masonry walls with various layers of paint peeling off the walls, odd graffiti everywhere, always a "drip....drip....drip" sound from random leaks, doors that when you finally pry them open lead directly to a bricked up wall. You name the creepy element, you will find it somewhere underneath a city structure. When you are the ONLY person there (except for the random bum that will shock the stuffing out of you when you turn a corner and find them)... it can be the creepiest darned place on God's green Earth. That being said, I've worked on rehabilitating so many of these places to where they go from horror story to modern, clean, safe places that I don't get that creeped out anymore when I find myself alone in a new location (except for the fact that I have the gift/curse of an overactive imagination).

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22 Thank you for the reply, what you wrote makes a lot of sense. When looking in the house, it could very well be as if the physical sense of my eyesight was triggering the creepy feeling I had, but I still wouldn't want to enter into the house with out a cross, bible and sage.. 😓

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: eluryh22 Thank you for the reply, what you wrote makes a lot of sense. When looking in the house, it could very well be as if the physical sense of my eyesight was triggering the creepy feeling I had, but I still wouldn't want to enter into the house with out a cross, bible and sage.. 😓

Listen, we have a close friend that is a Catholic priest and we are currently looking to purchase our first home.... Before we move in, you can bet your bottom dollar that he is coming over with some Holy Water to bless the place (just in case).

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Hey thanks. He was a great guy.

I actually do remember it pretty well (which is odd for me). When I was 6 it was kind of boring after the initial excitement of being under the city. It's basically a history lesson and a lot of the tour is spent talking about the seedier things like prostitutes without saying prostitutes so a lot of the jokes went over my head.

You should definitely do a thread on it. I'm not great at starting threads. I'd be happy to participate though!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I was in a vocational school learning to wire houses for electricity while I was in high school. Banks would acquire houses and have the school send students in to remodel the houses and make them livable again. Most of these places were in the bad part of town (ghetto).

I remember one such house quite clearly, even though this was in 1991, quite some time ago. The atmosphere of this place was so heavy. You could go into a room and feel like something was following you and standing in the corner watching, even if nothing was visible. Everyone in the class was on edge, looking over their shoulders. Quite a few, myself included, talked about hearing voices in rooms that were vacant, shadows that shouldn't have been there moving around, and just plain being creeped out-including some of the "tough" guys who claimed not to be bothered by anything. Power tools malfunctioned. Stuff came up missing, only to be found in unlikely places. The place was just wrong. I was so happy when our part was done and we could leave for good.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Have another look at the house and see how it feels to you now

It would be interesting to know how long it has been vacant and how soon it sells.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22 You never know for sure, until after the fact!
Happy house hunting, hope you find the perfect home!

edit on 14-4-2016 by peppycat because: added words

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I was in a vocational school learning to wire houses for electricity while I was in high school. Banks would acquire houses and have the school send students in to remodel the houses and make them livable again. Most of these places were in the bad part of town (ghetto).

I remember one such house quite clearly, even though this was in 1991, quite some time ago. The atmosphere of this place was so heavy. You could go into a room and feel like something was following you and standing in the corner watching, even if nothing was visible. Everyone in the class was on edge, looking over their shoulders. Quite a few, myself included, talked about hearing voices in rooms that were vacant, shadows that shouldn't have been there moving around, and just plain being creeped out-including some of the "tough" guys who claimed not to be bothered by anything. Power tools malfunctioned. Stuff came up missing, only to be found in unlikely places. The place was just wrong. I was so happy when our part was done and we could leave for good.
Shadows moving around always spook me out! Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen It must have gone on sale within the last year or so, I don't know when the next time I'll be over that way again, but I'll watch for it being sold and maybe say hello to the new folks if they seem friendly when someone does move in. If I strike up any sort of conversation with them and they seem open minded I'll ask about any energy work being done.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I don't know what was creepier, the voices, the shadows, or the heavy feeling.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark OMG! Not a combination I want to be around. I do believe that physical objects can absorb energy, good or bad, from people and houses especially. I don't think anything bad has to happen in a house for it to have that heavy, creepy feeling... people can just be full of bad energy and then the surrounding area absorbs it and draws more negative entities and the like. I believe in Feng Shui too which has an interesting belief system regarding energies of a home or building... just having some well tended happy plant life in a home can make a difference in the ''feeling'' you get in a home.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join