It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairly Lucid Dream with Specifics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have vivid dreams all night, every night. Many are lucid. Many come true, but not much of note. Just day to day life occurrences.

This one has been bothering me and I thought I should write about it.

I was with a group of people, I don't know who they are. I was dropped off at an office building. It was on a busy street, though there was a lot of greenery, so I think it was a suburb. My plan was to find something in a basement level office and get past anyone who might be inside.

It was a Sunday afternoon at about 4pm. I knew this, in the dream and knew very few workers would be there. I did see a few people on the first floor, there were a lot of offices and conference rooms, mainly with clear, glass walls. I went down some wide, open stairs to the basement level. It was very light down there with a similar floor plan and windows at ground level.

I was making my way to a desk on the far side of the floor. A woman saw me and I tried to walk quickly to a particular desk. The woman caught up to me and confronted me. I said I had come to apply for a job 2 days prior and was told to come back and see a Mrs. Pearson at that day and time.

The woman did not seem to believe me. I told her I would write down my number and address. She asked me if I had my 'law enforcement license paperwork completed?' I told her 'not yet, the paperwork is processing.'.

It is often difficult to read or write in dreams, but I wrote down what I could remember when I woke up. I have a partial phone number 086-09XX (the Xs being what I can;t remember) and an address of 2159 Michigan Ave, Build X apt X (again, the Xs being what I can't remember). She didn't want to take the paper form me, but eventually did.

I left the building and first I saw a taxi come into a circular driveway and then saw the people picking me up, driving a massive truck, covered in metal, almost like a tank.

That is all I can remember.

I did google the Michigan ave address in Chicago, it is a parking lot as far as I can see, in a shopping district. I did see that there is a Pearson Ave that meets Michigan Ave, not too far away, though. I am not familiar with Chicago, I was there once as a child and once for a Blues festival maybe 15 years ago. The phone number makes no sense.

This dream has been bothering me a great deal. I have no idea what it can mean.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I was with a group of people, I don't know who they are. I was dropped off at an office building. It was on a busy street, though there was a lot of greenery, so I think it was a suburb. My plan was to find something in a basement level office and get past anyone who might be inside.

Usually familiar strangers are family ancestors, guides, leading us to the dream lesson place. In this case a building (your real self), and to the basement (where some believe our deepest psyche lies).

If that helps any. What was the most important thing you took away from the experience… the farthest you penetrated into the search?

I said I had come to apply for a job 2 days prior and was told to come back and see a Mrs. Pearson at that day and time.

Sounds like you are concerned right now about your employment or skill set, how to succeed, whats standing in your way… that kind of thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Sounds like you have quite the busy nightlife?

Not clear on what the specifics of your dream mean to you, everyones correspondences are individual and different. What I do know is if the dream is bugging you it's most likely that your conscious mind either didn't accurately pick up on the "cues" from your subconscious, or it did and you haven't yet grasped the total importance?

On the other hand there is the school of thought that our dreamscapes are very real, or we're used as computers by agencies while we snooze.

If the dreamscape is a real place keep working it. I go by plants seen, environment, any and all clues until I can geographically orient myself to find the actual place I was, but wasn't yet. Smiles!!!

If you were agency/brain hijacked the dream may bug you simply because you remember too much.

Hope this helps?
I know it seems like I am flip flopping, just trying to consider everything possible.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If it had to do with a career, the last thing I ever want is to work in an office. Over 15 years of office politics did me in. Actually, I came away with a deep sense of foreboding. That something bad would happen.

Though, I do have a lot of dreams where I am looking for something. This one was different.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra I've read here on ATS threads about dream interpretations that a building represents the mind. The building you described seems clean and orderly and that you knew your way around (you have normally clear and orderly thought process?) . Maybe trying to get to the basement means you were trying to bring up something ''buried'' so to speak.
Are you currently applying for work? Or are you "applying'' your mind to something in particular that went on in your dream?
Writing is difficult in a dream. Do the numbers in the phone # have any meaning in particular? If you are not far from the location of the address, can you go there to feel it out and see if anything comes up in your memory?
Oh, do you work in law enforcement? The feeling that the woman not believing you... I once read that every person in a dream is an aspect of yourself... is there something within you, you are trying to come to terms with, like whether you believe it or are not willing to believe?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Sounds like you have quite the busy nightlife?

Not clear on what the specifics of your dream mean to you, everyones correspondences are individual and different. What I do know is if the dream is bugging you it's most likely that your conscious mind either didn't accurately pick up on the "cues" from your subconscious, or it did and you haven't yet grasped the total importance?

On the other hand there is the school of thought that our dreamscapes are very real, or we're used as computers by agencies while we snooze.

If the dreamscape is a real place keep working it. I go by plants seen, environment, any and all clues until I can geographically orient myself to find the actual place I was, but wasn't yet. Smiles!!!

If you were agency/brain hijacked the dream may bug you simply because you remember too much.

Hope this helps?
I know it seems like I am flip flopping, just trying to consider everything possible.

It does. I do have quite the busy nightlife. I am convinced that there are 2 or 3 places I go that may be alternate universes. The one I mainly dream in I call 'twilight' as it is always about 8pm in summer. I go to the same places, visit the same shops. There is another that has a mall like Eaton Center in Toronto, yet it is not and those dreams occur in daytime. There is a third that is quite bright and futuristic.

This particualar dream was none of those places, though.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: reldra I've read here on ATS threads about dream interpretations that a building represents the mind. The building you described seems clean and orderly and that you knew your way around (you have normally clear and orderly thought process?) . Maybe trying to get to the basement means you were trying to bring up something ''buried'' so to speak.
Are you currently applying for work? Or are you "applying'' your mind to something in particular that went on in your dream?
Writing is difficult in a dream. Do the numbers in the phone # have any meaning in particular? If you are not far from the location of the address, can you go there to feel it out and see if anything comes up in your memory?
Oh, do you work in law enforcement? The feeling that the woman not believing you... I once read that every person in a dream is an aspect of yourself... is there something within you, you are trying to come to terms with, like whether you believe it or are not willing to believe?

I have read that a building is 'you' or 'your mind'. In some cases I think it is.

I am not applying for work. I do not, nor have I ever wanted to work in law enforcement. The numbers mean nothing, but I had the idea I was just outside of Chicago in the dream and that is very far from me. Many states away.

I am always pretty honest with myself.

The suggestions you pose are part of the reason I posted this. Nothing matches.

This is more like the type of dream I have had that actually happens. I have no plans to be in an office building soon.
edit on 12-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is an example of a dream I have had that actually happened.

I dreamt that I was on a street near my home, walking from the store. A black woman, wearing bright clothing was in the street sort of looking up and down the street, cursing under her breath and looking upset. As I cam near, she asked if she could use my phone as her ride left her. I said sure and handed her my phone. She made a call, yelled at someone. Gave me the phone back. As I walked away, a car pulled over and picked her up.

Three days later, I was walking home from the store. I was mainly looking at the ground, but looked up to see....the woman from my dream. It happened exactly as I described above. I felt like I was in slow motion as I handed her my phone.

The dream I posted had the same sort of feel as the dream I just described.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra Maybe you will have to meet an actual Mrs. Pearson in the future or a future lifetime (if reincarnation is real... not saying it isn't, I just don't have any personal life confirming experiences it is.) if this is a precondition into future life, maybe you will be involved in law enforcement working under cover. I say undercover because of the group of strangers you were with at the beginning of the dream and then there was a big metal truck, perhaps to transport criminals that you were working undercover with?... trying to help... but I have a big imagination.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Interesting, maybe you just need to be patient to find out what it was about. I dream pretty much exactly as you've described. I've had those insane precognitive 'long deja vu" dreams too. Sometimes I am there to solve a problem I really have:

Example: once I lost my laundry card inside of the laundry machine at school, it slipped under the card slot. The laundry machine was secured with security screws with a star and a post in the center. I left my clothes in the dryer wet, and went to sleep. I had a dream that I went into my roommates desk and grabbed this specific pair of scissors (small wescott scissors with a green handle, Ill never forget) and I went into the laundry room and cut the bolts off. I woke up, went right for the scissors, and they fit in the corner of the security screw! I ended up finding 20 or so laundry cards that must have went under the slot back there!

Other times I am doing things in my dreams that make absolutely no sense, has no context, and no apparent purpose. I've noticed that I will go to a few familiar places in my dreams as well. For me one is like a big abandoned warehouse building with 70+ floors, another is almost nearly my house but with a different design to it. I noticed that when I go back to these familiar places I have a drive to finish what I was doing last time I was dreaming there. If that makes sense, it's like a continuance of the last dream, but I don't remember the last one at all or what I was doing. Just that urge to keep going, like you said you were looking for something. Ive also had strange dreams I remember dates and numbers from. I think that if you write something down in a dream (clearly and legibly if you can muster) it gets moved from dream state, short term memories to long to term memories. This also engages more of your mind and can make the whole dream move vivid and rememberable. If you dream about yourself eating during a lucid dream youll see what I mean, it engages more of your mind in strange ways.

One policy I have adapted for dreams is being ruthlessly honest and being unconditionally brave. I would have told the person in the dream not some kind of fib but simple "Ive become lost looking for something. I don't know what it is but I do feel like I probably should not be here" maybe that will help with your future adventures. Either way, I would just say to be patient and not to fixated on it unless there is a clear description. It's possible you are continuing an saga of dreams or even teleported somewhere foreign to your entire life.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This dream has been bothering me a great deal. I have no idea what it can mean.

According to Robert Waggoner, there is a dream awareness that can be asked questions. Are you familiar with this concept? If not, try asking out loud, what it is you wish to know about the meaning of the dream you are currently involved with..

You can also ask him questions here:
Lucid Advice via. Robert Waggoner

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: intrptr

If it had to do with a career, the last thing I ever want is to work in an office. Over 15 years of office politics did me in. Actually, I came away with a deep sense of foreboding. That something bad would happen.

Though, I do have a lot of dreams where I am looking for something. This one was different.

You kind of misunderstood, I think.

Dreaming of a building is supposed to represent your true self. Some people dream of a bright sunny cottage, others a foreboding castle.

Entering the basement usually relates to your subconscious.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Yeah! Ive tried this a few times. It's funny sometimes in my dreams ill outright tell other people in the dreams that I am dreaming and there are no rules. They have a variety of reactions from "No way" to "Awesome!" some even get a sheer frightened look on their face then *poof* gone. Rarely have I gotten any kind of real answers lol usually my dream friends (some call them subconscious projections ) either refuse to give me answers or admit it's a dream unless we are being 100% honest with each other. Often they want to 'show' you the answers so you can experience it yourself.

Overall, I've found that honesty and virtue are powerful tools in dream land.
edit on 12-4-2016 by Attentionwandered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You might find Carlos Casteneda's works enlightening as there is a lot of instances of dreaming, and a couple of his books dealing to a large degree with dreaming. You are lucky too as most are in audiobook form.

Just thought it might be along the lines you are exploring.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
This is an example of a dream I have had that actually happened.

I dreamt that I was on a street near my home, walking from the store. A black woman, wearing bright clothing was in the street sort of looking up and down the street, cursing under her breath and looking upset. As I cam near, she asked if she could use my phone as her ride left her. I said sure and handed her my phone. She made a call, yelled at someone. Gave me the phone back. As I walked away, a car pulled over and picked her up.

Three days later, I was walking home from the store. I was mainly looking at the ground, but looked up to see....the woman from my dream. It happened exactly as I described above. I felt like I was in slow motion as I handed her my phone.

The dream I posted had the same sort of feel as the dream I just described.

OK, then it's just a place you haven't been to yet.
The dream about the woman was a pretty straightforward action you apparently needed to take. It sounds like from your description that the Mrs. Pearson Dream is going to require more finesse and is much more complicated, so it's possible this is just the first in a series of practicing what to do, for when it actually happens.

I'd be interested if you dream it again and practice some more.

Like you and others I've had dreams turn into actual events and in hindsight all the reoccurring dreams for me at least, were practice in all the scenarios so when it happened I could walk thru it having made the best decisions already.

It may be bothering you just because as you said, this isn't a place you would normally be, or even like to be, but will be anyways.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

it's as simple as his dream becoming more vivid due to the fact that he forced himself to engage various parts of his brain

top topics

join