It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating for health vs eating for pleasure.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I understand how food can provide pleasure. But what I don't understand is why people who understand that healthy food leads to a healthy body continue to let pleasure dictate what they eat.

The pleasure of eating unhealthy food might continue until a long term disease takes over, and the pleasure of eating unhealthy food is gone when chronic pain and disability takes over.

Why are people so stupid?

Let me tell you what makes it even harder to understand: what you call "healthy" would likely make me gain weight at a rate of about 2lb/week without drastic lifestyle changes that would end up either costing my work or family time in the end (neither of which I can afford right now).

I think the first step is understanding that there are different nutritional needs for different people. This is actually codified legally in the US in the Patients Bill Of Rights that Bill Clinton put into effect. Long story short: each human deserves an individualized treatment plan. Nutrition is phase 2 of any treatment plan, right behind diagnostics.

With that understanding, I have to point out that while I get the gist of your question, the question is formulated poorly if the goal is to find any real understanding/answers. It IS, however, formulated correctly if the presumption is that fat people enjoy being fat, look to be fat, and have full control over their weight. That presumption is incorrect.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

you have obviously have never been addicted to anything before. unhealthy food = oil, fat, and sugar. Those are more addicting to any drugs there is, especially sugar. Most people know what the right things to do are, it's just most people don't have the will power to resist. It's not a question of intelligence. It's a question of will power. Maybe we should ask, why do people have such weak will power!?

<< 1   >>

join