It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Woman held in Abu Dhabi for refusing to talk to strange men.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I'm sorry but this is inexcusable, it's like "hey you better come with us and let us rape you or we will have you arrested, it's your own fault for wearing a short sleeve shirt and I'm having a sexual emergency".

Come on really? Rape..? This is incredibly disingenuous.
You had me up until that.

The story is ridiculous as it is... To speculate as to what their intentions were based on such little facts is injudicious.

Yes. Rape. If they had actually raped her she would go to prison for that too.

Norwegian woman: I was raped in Dubai, now I face prison sentence

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

In December 2012, a British woman reported being raped by three men in Dubai. She was found guilty of drinking alcohol without a license and fined. In January 2010, a British woman told authorities she was raped by an employee at a Dubai hotel. She was charged with public intoxication and having sex outside of marriage. An Australian woman reported in 2008 that she was drugged and gang-raped. She was convicted of having sex outside marriage and drinking alcohol, and she was sentenced to 11 months in prison.

I'm going to call all deniers of this story and this behavior...morons.

ATS can deduct me some points for that.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why arent the feminists making a fuss about it??

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Way to miss the f'n point. Regardless of the two men's intentions, or what words were shared...or if she even flipped them off....SHE SHOULDNT BE IN JAIL. Can you imagine the satisfaction of the two men just seeing her getting hauled off?? Two men went out if there way to get smeone arrested in a strange country for what is obviously bogus reasons. If she didn't assult them, there is no reason for this. I tell you, that whole gene pooled is screwed.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yes. Rape. If they had actually raped her she would go to prison for that too.

Yeah but in this case it didn't happen!! The OP pretty much straw-manned this story to make it seem worse than it was.
As I already stated the fact that she's being imprisoned for refusing to engage with the two men(regardless of their intentions) I thought was the whole point this story was even posted.

As to the men's intentions,their irrelevant. A women can refuse to converse with a man for any reason besides the possibility of being drugged and raped in a foreign country...

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

The OP pretty much straw-manned this story to make it seem worse than it was.

I did no such thing, I merely provided the pertinent details that were made available within the article that I provided a link to. I then proceeded to share my own thoughts on the matter and my opinion of the regional culture and laws of that part of the world. I maintain that this part of the world is primitive, misogynistic, violent and absolutely hates women having any say or opinion on anything. If you do not agree then go over there and see for yourself (I've been).

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I'm sorry but this is inexcusable, it's like "hey you better come with us and let us rape you or we will have you arrested, it's your own fault for wearing a short sleeve shirt and I'm having a sexual emergency".

Your last statement from the OP is a misrepresentation of the case you linked.
Nowhere in any other sources that I could find in relation to this was it stated these men approached her in predatory fashion nor was it stated they had the intention to rape the woman.
Prove me wrong.

I don't care if you've been to the U.A.E. It has no relevance to knowing the intention of the men involved in this incident.
I've also stated in this thread and others in the past that I'm well aware of the women's rights issues going on in the M.E.
No need to patronize me.

All I'm saying is I would refrain from jumping to conclusions with little to no information,even if it's just your "opinion".

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I believe what I believe and you believe what you want to believe, thank (Christian) god we live in a country where we can say these things. As a woman if I said this over there I would be incarcerated...ahh it feels good to enjoy freedom (to some extent at least) in a civilized nation.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
that is probably how it happened . people need to realize when in rome do as romans do quote has a reason behind it . IF YOU GO TO A MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRY YOU BETTER LEARN WHAT YOU CAN AND CANOT DO . AND SERIOUSLY DO YOU THINK THE STATE DEPARTMENT CARES THATS A LAUGH.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

IF YOU GO TO A MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRY YOU BETTER LEARN WHAT YOU CAN AND CANOT DO

The same is true of any country, including Western ones. When I lived in the UK, I, too, had to learn what I could and couldn't do. Just as I had to learn the same in every other country I have ever visited.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join