It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Texas Storms -Some beautiful video of a storm outside my home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
A damaging storm just came through my area (north Texas) and I thought I would share some video I got of it. Enjoy,
Also i wanted to apologize for having not made a thread about today's weather I had considered it almost a week ago but time hasn't permitted,I hope everyone is safe. Please check in.

It went from this beautiful scene

to this within 10 mins; hail the size of eggs & tennis balls and 70mph winds, as windows were once again blown out and car alarms going crazy (sorry for the blurriness of this video)

edit on 11-4-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Thank you

In the second video it looked as if the tree across the street (on the corner) would be uprooted and fly away!

Scary!

Thanks for the videos and be safe!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The hail is bigger then... Nice videos. That is scary. I used to live in Dallas/Plano from 2002 to 2004 and hail the size of baseballs wrecked my car!!!
edit on 4 11 2016 by Quantum12 because: Spelling bad gram

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Great vid. I love a good storm. But that hail.... what happend to the truck? Glad you're ok👍

Not to creep... but I subbed. BBATS waived hi. 🙋
edit on 11-4-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Was it a micro burst?
We get them here, including the hail. I got lots of severe storms video from here. While most get to a basement. I'm grabbing a camera and standing outside. Under the porch roof.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
what happend to the truck?

I was admiring that truck too. I hope TechniXcality got it under cover before video two started.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Your good brother, the truck has survived two large hail events, surprisingly no damage. Many cars windshield are not as lucky as I have been. Must be the tundra, I love that truck
.. I usually make threads detailing the threats in advance, I didn't have time so I am hoping everyone is alright and was not caught by surprise. Anyway, thank you brother I'm good I love the weather( crosses fingers a hailstone doesn't take me out one day)
.. But now I have ice for this jack and coke, that's taking Mother Nature by the balls
cheers

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Snarl... I noticed the truck in the hail vid too😁.

Tex! Enjoy that Jack n coke. You earned it👍🍻

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

No sir it was not a micro burst, it was a supercell with a powerful hail core, a microburst occurs in very hot tempatures and as the storm collapses, a damaging gust is brought down to the surface often faster than 90mph which can tare houses apart, and topple cars.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nice videos. I'm glad you didn't go right in the hail to shoot. You and your camera might have fared as bad as the windows.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Wow, I got to start paying more attention to my weather app. I usually get the weather here at ATS. 😉 you're a beast good sir for getting that video👍. Best yet you are ok.

Best part is, in 5 minutes I can turn the volume on. ( family dinner.... I snuck off to check in😆 ).
Shhhhhh😄

edit on 11-4-2016 by Bigburgh because: Autocorectal prObe lums😝

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Thank ya, i'm glad you enjoyed it I get all excited like a kid at Christmas when they come through like I've said before in another life i would of been a meteorologist

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

"I get all excited like a kid at Christmas"

Well same here. I'm at a high point next to the Ohio river. So severe weather starts right here. It's amazing to watch. The clouds will hold up and grow in mass/moisture. Then lightning starts cracking. ( had to replace many cable boxes due to power surges )

Some day I'll figure out how to upload to YT too..😊

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Hope you're property is alright.

We just found out our deductible on our roof from the march 17 hail storm is like $4000, and we haven't even had the adjuster out for the cars a d travel trailer...

Comes with the territory I guess!

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Just some more busted Windows, I'm sorry hear about your roof I'm glad no one who follows these threads has been injured, but indeed the damage over this past year has staggering.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I found myself in the outdoors during a freak hail storm in the Texas hill country.
I took a ball to the dome that felt like it was pitched by Nolan Ryan.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

These pics show damage in Wylie yesterday. They are saying the storm had baseball and softball sized hail and caused over a billion dollars in damage. It's a wonder no one was hurt.
I really enjoy your threads Tech. Just don't put yourself in harms way to get a vid for us. It would only take one of these puppies to kill you.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa

Great picture. Well framed. Very pleasing to the eye.

And scary for a Dane where we normally see hail the size of peas. Perhaps even hazel nuts when it's bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

Thank you brother, and you are right that was one powerful and beautiful storm, but also damaging we are lucky no one was killed, I actually live in Wylie and occasionally I do get to excited and risk it for the thrill and video, that storm however was humbling and I had to go inside it was like watching a wall of destructive ice come at you at 70pmh for at least five minutes. Some have said my threads are hyperbole the truth is north Texas has been seeing more damaging storms over this past year than usual. I had discussed making a thread to warn in advance about this system almost a week ago but time didn't permit and so I do apologize to you all. Thank you for your concern and you are right it doesn't matter how brave you are mother nature can take you down in a heart beat, truthfully as windows were being busted I did become a bit concerned for my own safety (which is unusual) I also knew this storm was elevated and occurring in cooler air which diminished the tornado threat but as you pointed out hail to the size of baseballs can kill you just the same. Anyway I am glad everyone is safe thanks for checking in.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

Is that your car?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a tv report had voleyball size.....coming all the way through the ceilings
edit on 12-4-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

<<   2 >>

join