It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Aide: Americans can handle the truth about UFO's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"The U.S. government could do a much better job in answering the quite legitimate questions that people have about what's going on with unidentified aerial phenomena," Podesta said. Podesta has made his interest in the possibility of alien life and conspiratorial leanings toward Area 51 well known. During his time serving in the Obama administration, Podesta tweeted, "Finally, my biggest failure of 2014: Once again not securing the #disclosure of the UFO files. #thetruthisstilloutthere cc: @NYTimesDowd."

I did not want to quote the whole article, as that may be a copyright infringement. But, it is claimed that President Obama even asked for information on Area 51.

Why do we, the American voting public, not have the same information? Where is the transparency in government?

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

Secrets are kept in the interest of national security believe it or not just as our government engages in surreptitious activity so does every other government and many that would wish harm on our citizens. I know everyone thinks America is the worst and the only but that is just not factual therefor secrets are kept.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

You mean she'll ask for records just like her husband did and how far he got with that we should believe her why?

What she going to be like uhh the USA govt used the UFO phenomenon to hide secret projects?

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It's bizarre, she was on some celebrity talk show yesterday where she brought up the same topic, and claimed she would make it somewhat of a priority. Im not sure if that is desperation for niche voters or something more sinister.

Does anyone remember that old photo of her talking with one of the Rockefellers and holding a UFO book? Suspicious no less because the Rockefeller family was instrumental in the initial converting of scientists to the extraterrestrial theory.

edit on 8-4-2016 by SargonThrall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.” ― George W. Bush

ahhh...thanks for the memories Lysergic. That's one of my favorites.

The best part is...there is a video for the future generations.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

― George W. Bush

That made my morning. What a bell end that guy is.

As for clinton..Clutching at straws, go away.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It's too late.

Let me explain: we (the American people) and elsewhere can't even agree about the melting of Greenland, in spite of irrefutable objective evidence that its glaciers are melting (regardless of cause), but somehow -- magically -- we would all get on board behind one particular subjective interpretation of the UFO phenomena?

What kind of crazy Narnia is this guy living in? If we were objectively invaded tomorrow by flesh and blood craft, half the population would argue it was some kind of unknown weather related event, or the second coming of Christ.

Objective truth is dead. We buried it years ago, and raised subjective opinion as our god. There is no disclosure that could possibly change that for everyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

My theory on this -

There is no way to adequately define the parameters to know if the population is capable of accepting that we are not alone in the universe with the exception of reverse psychology. People see ufo's / ebts and want answers. I think the government is waiting for the public to hit a certain threshold of demanding information / discussion on the topic to begin releasing the info in question.

If enough people demand it then its safe to assume that the dangers to religions / government / social issues would be limited.

Also what is to stop a President from getting on airforce one, heading to area 51, landing there and touring the place?
edit on 8-4-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Why do we, the American voting public, not have the same information? Where is the transparency in government?

when has there ever been transparency in governments. You know what u need to know. Always been the same.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Honestly, I get a completely different vibe when I hear politicians say stuff like this. I get the feeling they have plenty of data that the "UFOs" we hear about are actually just classified aircraft/machines. And maybe the most "controversial" instances were times foreign countries placed weaponized craft over populated regions as warnings.

People always want to believe that these are from extraterrestrial creatures because it's exciting. But I think it would cause far more of a panic if it turned out like this.

Imagine if they unclassified info that China or the USSR had sent nuclear armed drones above Denver's Airport, and we couldn't stop them. Or even if some of the Cold War factions in Africa had placed biological weapon drones/UFOs over European cities, to force those governments to give up their former colonies? The possibilities are nearly endless if you think about it from this angle.
edit on 8-4-2016 by enlightenedservant because: slight typo

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I think candidates do this to reinforce the "big secret" aspect. "Candidate X said he would release the information, but once he was elected and found out, he clammed up real quick. It must be true/terrifying/whatever."

That, or its just a subtle demonstration/reminder that the US president has very little power/control compared to the folks who are in on whatever-it-is.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They hardly allow secret documents from 50 years ago to be revealed.. Even if no one cares.

No one cares about handling anything. It is just that the USA government sucks at being public about everything. A good country has no god damn secrets.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Secrets are kept in the interest of national security believe it or not just as our government engages in surreptitious activity so does every other government and many that would wish harm on our citizens. I know everyone thinks America is the worst and the only but that is just not factual therefor secrets are kept.

While what you say is true, on one hand, on the question of the WHY of the secrecy is something else. The reason is not to keep the people from panicking, but everything else, the government's pre-occupation with maintaining itself, all of science, our history, our ideologies, our future, and just maybe our own skins. There is no more complex problem facing humanity than to stare a more advanced entity in the face and judge ourselves as we judge them. It is as bad as God or the Devil coming down to earth. Humans will rue the day then encounter any ETs of any sort.

Some of us think we can handle the news, but we really don't know....

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

How pathetic and desperate to get suporters/voters with this UFO BS.

The facts are that Clintons have not only been in gov't and powerful positions for decades including secretary of state and POTUS among others and yet not a whisper of disclosure.

This is pandering for votes and nothing more.

edit on 06430America/ChicagoFri, 08 Apr 2016 08:06:06 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I agree. But my point still stands. Even if what you said turned out to be the objective truth of UFO's, it wouldn't matter. People would still believe exactly what they are already conditioned to believe and nothing would change.

Oh? The government is lying. It's really Pleiadians. No -- that's not right! It's really project Bluebeam. Etc. It's too late for objective truth. We have moved past objective truth into fragmented subjective reality tunnels, and there is no going back. The world objective UFO's comes from is dead and buried. We already have our subjective beliefs and they are highly resistant to change, and won't change just because Hillary or John Podesta say they should.
edit on 8-4-2016 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Objective truth is dead. We buried it years ago, and raised subjective opinion as our god. There is no disclosure that could possibly change that for everyone.

I must concur on this one. This drivel about disclosure is just a poor attempt to win some fringe votes.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

True.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Which UFO's exactly?

Because if she's talking about the UFO's that actually are aerial alien vehicles, I highly doubt it.

It would mean that the people can handle the fact that alien vehicles are around without being intercepted, the fact that some of these alien vehicles come down and abduct people against their will, the fact that product of these abductions an entire hybrid race has been created, to the point that some of those are completely human looking, the fact that these human looking aliens are being inserted into our society with unknown purposes and retain the mind controlling abilities, allowing them to confuse and control people on our planet without we even knowing it, etc.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the people can handle all the above without going in masse to the streets in protest causing massive chaos.

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Funny,

Does the statement "They are not ready for _____, or They can't handle ____" imply that which They cannot handle is indeed truth?

If Obama came out today and made an emergency broadcast saying "Firstly, I want you folks to know, Because a lot of folks are going to be scared! America is Brave and Strong as ever so as a great man said once before when some folks were trying to win a war and go to the moon at the same time, what he said was The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. That man knew America the same America I know,a brave, strong, proud America. I don't want y'all to run around and act crazy because of what I'm about to tell you but it is time and I feel it is my duty to finally come clean and I really think you folks are ready... UFO's, Aliens,ET's of any sort absolutely with out a doubt Do NOT Exist! I say again Flying Saucers and little green men are just like elves and the flat Earth they simply do not exist, they are not real! That is old thinking and it's time we moved forward to a better stronger America! Thank you and Good Night, back to your regularly scheduled shows."

That would be just like us sounded, just silly. They say it without saying it.
edit on 8-4-2016 by wastedown because: Grammar nazi evasion

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Once again I find us in agreement, dear Monarch! Indeed every experience is subjective and it is a foolish notion to believe all human beings would consummate the same conclusion.

People would be divided by their previously held assertions. Aliens, demons, government conspiracy, psychic projections, and so forth. And from a philosophical standpoint, perhaps they are all simultaneously correct, as beliefs form reality..?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join