It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESPN Host Wears ‘Caucasians’ Shirt to Call Out Cleveland Indians Logo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Wait, am I supposed to be offended?

Yes! The Caucasians were terrible last year. They were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by week 3. And it doesn't look like they will be doing any better this year. I think their biggest problem is signing quality talent. They have a reputation for not honoring their contracts.

Cheerleaders look good, though.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FullBloodedNative

Not really.

It was tried, and it backfired. Far from being offensive, the mascot was hugely popular and the team made a mint merchandizing to white folks.

The intramural team, which included players of Native American, white, and Latino ancestry,[3][4] adopted the name "Fighting Whites", with an accompanying logo of a stereotypical "white man" in a suit,[5] styled after advertising art of the 1950s, as their team mascot. The character has been described as a man from the Ozzie Nelson era[6] or a "Father Knows Best white American male".[7]

At first, the team's T-shirts used "Fightin' Whites" as the name of the team, but various media reports referred to the team as the "Whities" instead of "Whites".[8] The plan to insult whites in the same way the minority students perceived Native Americans being insulted[citation needed] backfired on the group when the team's popularity skyrocketed. In response to customer demand, the team eventually began selling shirts under both names. The team added the phrase "Fighting the use of Native American stereotypes" to its merchandise to discourage the shirts from being worn by white supremacists, and arranged for CafePress.com to handle manufacturing and sales of the clothing.[9]

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As a white man, I find that shirt hilarious. I want one. I'd gladly represent the Cauc's.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Yeah, but he's somewhat entertaining on Dan LeBatard's Highly Questionable show.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

They're afraid that if they win, they'll have to perform a celebration dance on the field... thus, they throw games.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
No big deal. When I wear my Yankees jersey it is practically the same thing. Uncle Salty roots for the Yanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Would folks feel better if I pretend to be offended?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Would folks feel better if I pretend to be offended?

We should be offended at you since you support the Mariners.

We all know Mariners sailed the Amistad.

(post by JohnthePhilistine removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No big deal. When I wear my Yankees jersey it is practically the same thing. Uncle Salty roots for the Yanks.

The New York Yank-mees?

Now I'm offended!

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Haha thats awesome and an epic fail as well. I'm Caucasian of Italian descent and I'm not offended. I honestly don't think when they first named these teams Indians or Redskins they didn't intentionally plan on insulting Native Americans like they did with Fighting Whities. It wouldn't make sense to do that, but they find it offensive so here we are.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The New York Yank-mees?

Now I'm offended!

No worries. We can adopt some of Bernie Sander's policies early and redistribute some of our championships to whatever slugs you support.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

OH, my god! You're right...I'm so ashamed.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

edit on 7-4-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: I will fight no more, forever.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Nah, that's OK. I'm a grognard and prefer to believe that the single championship earned once every 30 years makes it that much more special.

Why would I want some Yankees' old used one anyhow?

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Why would I want some Yankees' old used one anyhow?

Chris Chambliss may be able to answer that one for you.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Phooey.

We'll earn our own...

...eventually.

Someday.

Sooner, rather than later, it's to be hoped.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Tell you what my friend, if my Yanks are not in the playoffs and your M's are, I will root for them to win the World Series.

Despite them having such a racist pedigree.

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The Caucasians suck anyway.

Now the "Overweight Whiteys" have a real chance this year.

I hear their star pitcher just got a triple bypass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join