It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming and the dream fights back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have been able to lucid dream on and off for as long as I can remember. Never been able to make it happen it kind of does.
Recently, during my lucid dreams I am aware that I am dreaming but when I try to control the dream it feels like some other force or mind is blocking my attempts. The people in my dream react to my attempts with annoyance, and even tell me no they won't comply.

This happens most often in a reoccurring dream It starts out I am in a interrogation room contained in the room a mirror and a single folding chair. There are two people can't quite make out who they are. I am being questioned about an assault. What triggers my lucid/conscious state within the dream is the clock it reads 1:47 which is a number that has personal meaning to me. Because I am lucid in the beginning I am to escape the room by creating a window and I jump through it. I end up on a roof I look around and on the only buildings I can see are the numbers 7, 5, 1. It is at this point that I lose the ability to control/manipulate the dream, my begin to happen but something else changes it back almost immediately.

Next I take a leap off the building landing near a car it's always a different car. I jump in it, I end up at my childhood home. The doors and windows are locked and no matter what I try to do I can't get in. Then the people from the room show up, I tell to leave and that I know this is a dream and I have control in this world. They actually confirm yes this is a dream but tell me that they will not leave, so I attempt to send them away but again they return almost instantly. I start running from them

Finally a huge storm like I have never seen in real life blows in and as I am running I see a giant black vortex appear behind my childhood house. The best way I can describe it is that looks like one of the artist drawing of a black hole. The vortex destroys the house leaving nothing behind and I wake up at that point.

Anyone else ever have where they knew were dreaming but the dream prevented you from changing the dream?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
NO I haven't, but would love to learn more on how to lucid dream. I get reoccurring nightmares of an abuse I had in my childhood. Not a reenactment per-say, but just overall bad dreams with the assailant in the dream. Would love to stop waking up every night around 1am

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'll get this once in awhile. My personal explanation...your brain is dreaming about having a lucid dream. Brains are weird.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have! Actually, it's the dream in my 'Trapped in a Mansion' thread. What stopped me from changing my dream was someone who looked like an older me with long hair (changing from white to black to grey over a course of a few seconds) with skin that looked to be composed of ashes. The whole premise was we were trying to escape but tricked into false freedom. I grew impatient and chose to opt out of the dream but was stopped by this lady.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have weird dreams all of the time where I am about to be beaten or injured. Right before I am about to be hit or killed I am suddenly aware I have powers similar to Superman. I realize I do not have to take the abuse and I fly or run away. It is like I realized this is a dream and I have all of these wonderful powers. Sometimes however, my powers do not always work like they are suppose to and instead of super speed, I start running in slow motion or my strength is gone. It is bizarre but this has gone on for as long as I can remember. I guess this explains my fascination with Superman, hence the avatar.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

I've had that happen. It seems I was dreaming about lucid dreaming. Nothing worked. I couldn't fly, walk through walls, nothing. I was asking myself (within that dream) what was going on, how come it isn't working?....Walking was like trying to move, waist deep, in Molasses.

Could that have been possible?

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Our subconscious mind is truly a curious Anonamaly! I have had some wonderful lucid dreams and have even been able to reverse scenes to try something differently. Yet, when I had experienced issues of just big leaps instead of flying or finding myself seemingly stuck on a ceiling...I wasn't told I could not do it by others, rather re-enforced that I was trying too hard. When I relaxed I usually find I can do what I want.

I can't answer for you specifically, we all are individuals. Mine was personally recognizing the stresses and my needs to escape. My subconscious attempting to work out ordinary conscious issues affecting me in my day to day life where and when I actually was frustrated at my lack of control. Amazingly, once recognized, things seem to come together in my daily life. True, could be pure coincidence.

My personal view is that dreams whether lucid or not, are are own personal therapy sessions to cope and understand ourselves in this world.
edit on 4 5 2016 by CynConcepts because: Spelling corrector error

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've been attacked many times while lucid dreaming. Once I was stabbed in the rib cage by a hooded,wizard like character with a staff. I woke up with pain in the same area. Spooky.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Never thought of the idea that I was dreaming about lucid dreaming. I wonder what the purpose the subconscious has for that combination. A test of some kind seeing how the waking mind deals with what could be considered a paradox

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It's just your brain being a total d*%^ .

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You need to do like me, buy yourself a crown or something. Start convincing yourself during your waking hours that you are the KING and RULER of your life. You are the author, screen writer and action star of your life story.

Yah, I really did buy myself a real metal crown on Esty. All the way from Yugoslavia or someplace, should be here in a few weeks. I'm going to wear it around town. Why? WHY NOT?!?

Anyway, if you assert yourself as in charge in your waking life enough, it might bleed through into your dreaming life.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
same type of things been happening to me lately. i feel like the people in my dreams are rejecting/ignoring me. side not i had a brief out of body experience 2 nights ago, that was fun.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I have mentioned my theories about 'the dream world' on other threads. Your description of the dream 'fighting back' caught my eye.

In my theories, our dreams are often shared experiences. Shared with other dreamers - human, I more-or-less suppose. I won't elaborate here, but the concept is that when we dream, we "sign" a "terms and conditions" that involves an agreed-upon set of rules for that setting.

In certain dreams I have become lucid and started to 'break the rules', it's almost like no one can even see me anymore.

Someone else mentioned the fake layer of freedom that is still part of the matrix? Or was that another thread? Your brain does have the ability to do that too. Once "lucid dreams" become part of your everyday thought process, your brain might just include a "lucid dream" in another dream. Who knows why?

I read a post once, where someone was lamenting that their brain couldn't 'imagine' a landscape for them to fly over at the speed they were going. That very concept poisoned my next flying dream.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

hey everybody,

if you are interested in learning more about dreaming, than I give you this site:
www.dreamyoga.com...

For me it proved a great starting source of informations about lucid dreaming and how to learn it to control. Of course meditation helps the most in many ways for lucid dreaming or even what some like to call "OBE", but if you are not up for it, there is another simple trick.

On some page in there there was a great hint for me, which I tested just recently during the lucid dream and it worked for me. When you want to change the dream or when you are feeling that you are losing control and you will wake up, than you can close your eyes and start to spin with your whole body around and around and after a few spins, you can open your eyes and maybe you will find yourself in a new lucid dream.

If you will believe it without a doubt at that moment, it will happen for sure! The "strength" we put into our own thought is most important. Concentration is important and meditation is the practice of concentration, that is why they go hand in hand.

Last time I tried this method I had a few awesome and weird lucid dreams in a row, it is a really neat and simple trick and it works for me and maybe it will work for your and other readers.

If one masters lucid dreaming, one can use them for learning even during the dream. Learn what you say?
Well how about learning or doing whatever you want or desire or need?!
You can study for school, work, you can study meditation, martial arts, driving a car, flying or other abilities, sex...or just exploring the area or yourself...sound a bit kinky, well it can be, if you want it that way ... everything you can imagine can happen ONLY your own imagination is the limit!

but how much of it you will remember when you wake up is another story ...
But with more practice you will be able to remember more.
Practice makes perfect ... its true, even for dreamers

Wish you all luck and a lot of wonderful dreams!

: )
edit on 1459938219423April234233016 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Your sub-conscience wants you to stop lucid dreaming. It's tire of your conscience mind taking control. There is a lot of meaning in your dream, even if it is lucid to a certain extent. You're sub-conscience has messages it needs to pass on and is going to fight back if you try to control it. Just let go (: not every dream needs to be controlled

top topics

join