It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost adventures...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Aaron did not get fired from the show, he's still on it. Nick is not, he left or got fired idk. They were tight lipped about the whole thing. The show started getting more entertaining after nick was gone, imo. The last two seasons before he left were ultra serious and, to me, boring. They started to have fun again after he left, and it seems like zakk is more part of the team and not above it.

I think the show is a ton of fun to watch and I even like the "aftershocks" episodes. Fake or not, eh, not so important to me. But I'd have to say I agree that they probably don't fake so much as over play their stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree, i am a skeptical believer, even though i just watched a hell of lot in one sitting am not in anyway convinced, i just stick it in the open mind section of my brain.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I grew up in a house that I am convinced was haunted by something not friendly, but in the 13 or so years I was there, we could maybe get one episode's worth of TV material out of the actual film-worthy events.

Now there was other stuff that took place, such as hostile presence that would roam the house, but that's not something you can catch on film.

So that idea that these shows can go to location after location and get all kinds of knockings and apparitions and EVPs, etc., pushes my suspension of disbelief.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Like you, I believe in the paranormal...and believe it is actually more pervasive than we all realize.
However, much goes undocumented...even when one lives in a 'haunted' house, as you say you've done.
The key, I believe, is not only to have the proper equipment with you when investigating, but, most importantly, possessing the ability to use it properly and effectively.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If we're talking about a television show like Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures, then we're talking about entertainment. It's reality television featuring pseudo science and drama. That's not to say there's not truth behind the premise, but the "investigations" are anything but legitimate. You have to understand that these television programs concentrate primarily on EVPs, which are said to be the disembodied voices of the dead captured by recording devices. I've listened to a lot of songs, watched a lot of television and film, and had my ear to the phone over the course of many conversations, but not once did I detect an EVP through those mediums. I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a television station being forced to relocate because their newsmen were being constantly interrupted by spooky voices shouting "get out" during their broadcast recordings.

That being said, I conducted my own paranormal investigations in the days before Ghost Hunters. I took as scientific of an approach as my understanding allowed, and strangely enough I achieved some promising results. Over the course of many months I continually modified my approach, developed and tested theories, and even attempted to outright debunk the phenomena, without success. Locations which one would associate with paranormal activity were generally much more prone to producing EVPs than were control locations. EVPs were far more likely to occur in response to events or dialogue among investigators than they were likely to occur in response to questions or statements directed at the supposed entities in question. Some would speak in crude, insulting or threatening terms, while others would speak in irrelevant commentary or apparently profound riddles.

I conducted spectrum analysis of the recordings, and found spikes in certain frequencies immediately prior to and during EVPs. I further discovered that that I could predict the theme of the message by viewing the spectrum plot prior to listening to it. I was able to associate spikes in specific frequencies with specific message content. For instance, the crude messages were associated with a handful of higher frequencies, while the more positive messages, in relative terms, were associated with a handful of certain lower frequencies. It was at the moment of realizing that discovery that I knew with certainty that there was something to it. This was a legitimate phenomena.

I wanted to know what they were. There was no reason to suspect that they were "ghosts" or the disembodied spirits of the dead. It wasn't clear if they were even all the same thing, or whether they may have even all been the same, single entity. Some I suspected were just mimicking human language, often nonsensically. Others made lengthy, complete statements of relevance or significance. Some would engage in commentary about "life forms" (their words) as though they were some form of unliving scientists remarking on their observations, but they'd never muse about their own life. Very rarely one might respond to questions about their nature. One seemed to describe itself as consciously existing in and being aware of all moments in time simultaneously, and also that we do as well, but are obstructed from recognizing that alleged fact through some form of illusion or misconception. Another rather directly stated that we, it, and all beings are in fact of one super-consciousness. That is, we're all one. Another explained that the reason they generally don't respond to questions is because they're not allowed to, or more directly, we're not supposed to be asking them. In fact, that entity said it would be forced to report our conversation, and that I would suffer some form of consequence. That particular series of statements was both the clearest and most lengthy I ever captured.

The vast majority of captured EVPs seemed like nonsense though, or brief and perhaps generic statements - frequently consisting of only a single word. There was something to it, but I'm powerless to say what. The entities could have been a great many things, but I can only say what they're not - and they're not "nothing."

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

that does not look like a jet trail unless the frigging jet is consumed in fire!!

Hey, I said that to someone here, also. Like "pick stuff up please - don't smash my sh_t !!..."

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Sorry,double post.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Nick got his own show, paranormal investigators. Zak started a new one, deadly possessions.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Navarro

Interesting post! I'm surprised there's not more research into EVP.
Lots of people are always looking for proof or evidence of something else. something more, and yet EVP is simple enough to attempt. Of course it'll take persistence, and a reasonably good ear, but I'm sure everyone will get something eventually.
What that something is though, and whether or not we're even supposed to know, is another thing entirely.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navarro
If we're talking about a television show like Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures, then we're talking about entertainment. It's reality television featuring pseudo science and drama. That's not to say there's not truth behind the premise, but the "investigations" are anything but legitimate. You have to understand that these television programs concentrate primarily on EVPs, which are said to be the disembodied voices of the dead captured by recording devices. I've listened to a lot of songs, watched a lot of television and film, and had my ear to the phone over the course of many conversations, but not once did I detect an EVP through those mediums. I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a television station being forced to relocate because their newsmen were being constantly interrupted by spooky voices shouting "get out" during their broadcast recordings.

That being said, I conducted my own paranormal investigations in the days before Ghost Hunters. I took as scientific of an approach as my understanding allowed, and strangely enough I achieved some promising results. Over the course of many months I continually modified my approach, developed and tested theories, and even attempted to outright debunk the phenomena, without success. Locations which one would associate with paranormal activity were generally much more prone to producing EVPs than were control locations. EVPs were far more likely to occur in response to events or dialogue among investigators than they were likely to occur in response to questions or statements directed at the supposed entities in question. Some would speak in crude, insulting or threatening terms, while others would speak in irrelevant commentary or apparently profound riddles.

I conducted spectrum analysis of the recordings, and found spikes in certain frequencies immediately prior to and during EVPs. I further discovered that that I could predict the theme of the message by viewing the spectrum plot prior to listening to it. I was able to associate spikes in specific frequencies with specific message content. For instance, the crude messages were associated with a handful of higher frequencies, while the more positive messages, in relative terms, were associated with a handful of certain lower frequencies. It was at the moment of realizing that discovery that I knew with certainty that there was something to it. This was a legitimate phenomena.

I wanted to know what they were. There was no reason to suspect that they were "ghosts" or the disembodied spirits of the dead. It wasn't clear if they were even all the same thing, or whether they may have even all been the same, single entity. Some I suspected were just mimicking human language, often nonsensically. Others made lengthy, complete statements of relevance or significance. Some would engage in commentary about "life forms" (their words) as though they were some form of unliving scientists remarking on their observations, but they'd never muse about their own life. Very rarely one might respond to questions about their nature. One seemed to describe itself as consciously existing in and being aware of all moments in time simultaneously, and also that we do as well, but are obstructed from recognizing that alleged fact through some form of illusion or misconception. Another rather directly stated that we, it, and all beings are in fact of one super-consciousness. That is, we're all one. Another explained that the reason they generally don't respond to questions is because they're not allowed to, or more directly, we're not supposed to be asking them. In fact, that entity said it would be forced to report our conversation, and that I would suffer some form of consequence. That particular series of statements was both the clearest and most lengthy I ever captured.

The vast majority of captured EVPs seemed like nonsense though, or brief and perhaps generic statements - frequently consisting of only a single word. There was something to it, but I'm powerless to say what. The entities could have been a great many things, but I can only say what they're not - and they're not "nothing."

I 100% agree with your Statement. I was devopling the theory that EVPs are some form of new Energy Being that can only communicate through electronics. We can't detect there presence unless we have a recorder present and even then we won't know they are around us till we playback the recorder. I do a lot of passive EVP work and it really is fascinating what I am picking out by just letting the recorder sit turned on all night when I and everyone else is asleep. I am also devopling a theory that what eve is causing EVPs are around 24/7. I feel they can even influence your dreams at night since the sound is well below the normal Human range of hearing.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
GA is my secret fetish, but don't tell anyone. Zak's douchebaggery is legendary, but hey It wouldn't be the same if he wasn't possessed or yelling at Aaron in a episode.

Nick has a new show; Paranormal Lockdown, which I am currently watching on my TV

Not bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
I believe the adventurer Aaron Goodwin who was fired from the show when he blew the whistle on some of the unsavory methods used to get "evidence".

The problem started when they signed with a production company and had to adhere to a schedule.

When filming the show and not a lot is happening, the producers would allegedly make them go back and "act out" a scene while fake knocks would be thrown in so they could all say "Did you hear that"?

It's a shame because the best work they did was the documentary they did that got them the gig on the Travel Channel in the first place.
When filming a documentary you have the time to do things right without time constraints.
A long time ago in a state far far away I was a television producer. And believe me, you are under a lot of pressure to get the film in the can as fast as possible.

Those guys started out with real ideals. Unfortunately they were poisoned by the $$, fame and the need to produce that wow factor week after week that kept the ratings up.

Aaron Goodwin evidently got fed up with the antics they were forced to do and spilled the beans on a podcast he was a guest on. I don't know what his motivation was, maybe his conscience got to him or some infighting with his friends or employers did it.

They did produce some great evidence but I'm sorry. Going into a supposed haunted place and getting EVP's, moving objects, and photographic evidence in one night, week after week is just plain impossible.

BTW: I am a fan of the show, just because it's so entertaining do to the chemistry between the Adventurers, and the fun of trying to pick out what evidence is truly paranormal.

Aaron never did that the article was a spoof.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Love Ghost adventures, and love all the technology they have introduced and keep re-inventing, miss Nick, but l do enjoy the newer series where the four of them are investigating.

Zak bought "The Demon House" www.tmz.com... and has been making a documentary about it, am looking forward to seeing that. He has since had the property destroyed due to what he discovered.

One sad footnote to the earlier GA programmes, the Constantinos who were frquently used as EVP experts, are both now dead, it was a Murder/Suicide.

posted on Apr, 16 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just watching my first episode of Ghost Brothers....lol!
Anyone else watch these funny guys ?

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I watched Ghost Bros last night. Not bad, certainly better than Ghost Adventures. Deadly Possessions isn't bad as long as you tune out zack.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ghost Adventures is far too leading, deliberately vague, they intentionally skip various things and exaggerate others to formulate a biased conclusion.

For example, the lead guy is always saying things like "Could this be because...?" and "Is this happening because...?"
No, it's probably not because of that long-winded, highly biased collection of extremely reaching ideas, it's probably the more simple explanation.

The last one I watched a week or so ago was about those "UFO" shaped buildings that are supposed to be haunted out in the desert somewhere. They went into all this nonsense about devil worship and a murder that supposedly happened, but there is actually no record of any body being found they like they claimed.

Ultimately, I take it all as entertainment. They could be the most honest seeming and genuinely scientific investigators in the world and it all means nothing if they are clearly motivated by ratings and money. You cannot trust these things, they're TV shows, they will always be striving for viewers and investigations with no results don't get viewers.

Real paranormal research is boring, it takes hundreds of hours of investigation to get any actual results, the idea that they can just rock up at a location, turn the cameras on for a couple of hours while running around in the dark and make a TV show out of it should have everyone questioning their authenticity.

If you get actual investigators into any of these locations, using actual scientific methods to study the environment and the things people are experiencing, you would would need weeks of footage to make a half interesting show.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have been trying to do on YouTube what others are doing on TV , I even try to make my videos like a little film or TV show.
I have been to three places places Ghost Adventures has been to. Mob Museum , Madame Tussauds , and Bonnie Springs Ranch. My latest ghost hunt video is at Bonnie Springs Ranch , however because they made the Opera House the main part of their show , I was told that the Opera House had been vandalized and so they closed it to visitors , and that the floor might be unsafe. So I wasn't able to do that part , but I was able to do the haunted wax museum and the haunted schoolhouse. I did not know when I was there that Ghost Adventures had been there , it's when they told me it had been on TV and vandalized by people as a consequence , and that I couldn't go in because of that , that I went online to see what TV show , and it was Ghost Adventures.

I have done about four ghost hunts but only two of them are online , they are the ones with the best evidence , I don't fake anything , all my evidence is real.

If you like paranormal shows on TV you might like my show on YouTube. Hundreds of people have seen it already.
I actually caught a ghost saying "Boo" that's what the Evp said. I also got a "Yea" as a deep male voice in answer to a question where I asked if he liked looking at the wax figures. Then at the schoolhouse I got some voices and some laughter as Evps.

BONNIE SPRINGS RANCH GHOST HUNT
www.youtube.com...

Rhyolite Ghost Town Brothel was real active for me.
These are the evps in my Rhyolite Brothel video.

1) "For real" , not everyone likes this one , but it's how I heard it and how it sounds.
2) Yea, talk
3) music and singing , one of the cooler evps in the video , as it's old timey music
4) come out here in the night
5) hang on
6) whistle , yes
7) must be friendly
8) moaning either a whoa or ohh , this was at the grave site.

RHYOLITE GHOST TOWN BROTHEL
www.youtube.com...

3D RHYOLITE GHOST TOWN BROTHEL
www.youtube.com...

I believe that I'm probably the first person to do a ghost hunt and video at Rhyolite.
Since my video others have gone as well , the video has over one thousand views.

I do intend to make more ghost hunt videos hopefully.
I watch all the paranormal shows all the time , that's why I wanted to start doing it myself.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I used to be a fan of all the investigator shows, but got burnt out on them. I saw a couple of episodes of Paranormal Lockdown over the weekend, and other than the surprise return of Katrina from Paranormal State, it's "just another" ghost investigation show.

I was more impressed with "Real Ghost Stories Caught on Camera" or whatever the name of that show was from years ago.

What ever happened to that show?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DurangoCash

That was really enjoyable. I have never been to Rhyolite, but will make an adventure of it on a weekend off!

I hope other people in the thread watch it.

The music and the whistle/yes are excellent.

The first one soundlided like F***K yes. (scuse the crudeness)

LOL @ your belt becoming undone at the brothel!

Thank you so much for taking the time.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I know with Ghost Adventures when they first started it kinda turned me off. Seemed to me everything got tied in with demonology which is totally weird to me. Another thing is that they would catch something every single lockdown. Even Ghost Hunters back then wouldn't find much. I just simply don't believe that can happen; finding something every time you go out. Right now I am watching Paranormal Lockdown. The one Nick is in with another female which they stay for 3 days. Giving that a shot and have really only watched one of them. Had a bloody mattress that Nick slept on but the female couldn't. They had a piece of equipment that was intriguing with it's spectrum analyzer and reverb.

Not sure I believe in any of them but they are fun to watch. Of course I am biased because I am mad I haven't seen anything and I feel I can take it and have done all the right things like getting the interest to read and research when I was like 9 or so. I remember going and seeing Chariots of the Gods... buying The Bermuda Triangle in the 5th grade school paper with allowance money but no UFOs, no ghosts, no Bigfoot. Nothing. I feel robbed. lol. I am very open to it all just have skepticism in all of it. I guess I just have to wait longer to experience anything if it ever happens.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join