It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Group Claims Disney, Apple & Others ‘Declared Public War’ On Christianity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Conservative Group Claims Disney, Apple & Others ‘Declared Public War’ On Christianity

A Texas-based “values” group is blasting a number of major American companies for having the nerve to demand equal rights for LGBT people.

Texas Values called Apple, Disney, Intel and the NCAA “corporate bullies” for pressuring Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal (R) into vetoing a bill that would have allowed discrimination against LGBT people.

A number of companies spoke out against the bill; Disney also threatened a boycott, saying it would stop filming in the state if the bill became law.

So some bigoted Christians seem to think that pressuring Nathan Deal to veto the anti-gay discrimination bill recently is a war on Christianity. Now why is it that certain Christians seem to tie SOOO much religious meaning towards hating gays?

It’s striking that the day after Easter, churches in Georgia are told their freedoms are not that important to protect. It’s clear that corporate giants like Apple, Disney, NCAA, Intel have finally come out of the closet and declared public war on the religious freedom of clergy and religious schools, as was the protection in Georgia’s very modest HB 757 that they worked to bring down.

The group singled out Disney in particular.

“Will Disney now ban you from wearing a cross outside your shirt at their parks?” the group asked in a statement. “Will a Catholic priest be forced to remove his white collar when he takes a picture with Mickey Mouse?”

In reality, Disney has numerous religiously themed events at its parks including the Candlelight Processional during Christmastime at Epcot and the “Night of Joy,” an annual event featuring live music from Christian acts.

Yes, the day after Easter a state decided that people should love each other equally (something Jesus would have wanted). But nope, that is an affront towards god. So says these assholes. And look at that awful hyperbole they are saying about Disney. Force priests to take off their collars? It gets worse too.

Dan Gainor of the conservative Media Research Center also had some choice words for Disney:

.@Disney hasn’t been pro-family for years. Now it’s anti-Christian and using its muscle to hurt people of faith. Screw them.
— Dan Gainor (@dangainor) March 25, 2016

If you are #Christian, why have anything to do with @Disney? They hate everything you believe in and hate you.
— Dan Gainor (@dangainor) March 30, 2016

Um... What? These people are some seriously disturbed Christians.

By the way, Deal had this to say about the veto:

However, Deal said his veto wasn’t about boycott threats from companies such as Disney.

“Georgia is a welcoming state,” he said. “It is full of loving, kind and generous people. And that is what we should want. I intend to do my part to keep it that way.”

Christian victim complex...
edit on 31-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Now why is it that certain Christians seem to tie SOOO much religious meaning towards hating gays?

No Christian will hate people. Haters will claim Christianity, as some kids claim to be vampires. Doesn't make it so.
Gay means joyous, sodomy can be perceived as an abomination.

There is no war on concepts, this is a dumb idea.

However, some people do feel threatened in their worldview by other people's worldviews.
Those are the dumb people of the world.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

I don't know where you've been but Christians have been waging a war against homosexuality for a long time now. Especially the conservative Christians. This isn't to say that all Christians are like this, but there is a notable segment of them in this country that clearly are offended that two men may want to shack up together and do things they don't approve of.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Seems like freedom of speech working to me.
Some people wanna hate on gays, other people saying if they do theyll boycott them.

Personally i dont have an issue with anyone but if others do and choose to exclude them from their lives good for them.
As long as ur not physically hurting anyone or going out of ur way to be abusive i say fill ur boots and hate on with ur bigoted self

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Seriously, like almost 2000 years or so.

Which really confuses me when you say Jesus condones it?

Not that I care one way or the other about Christianity or homosexuality. To each their own.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Jesus says to love your neighbor, plus he never specifically speaks on the matter. Though he did specifically mention to follow the ten commandments.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Meh. Texas and Georgia are Deep South. Combine Churchianity with that mindset and hating is the usual result.

This week they don't like Apple and Disney.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

If you're going to blanket blame all christians for the persecution of the LGBT community then you should also be blaming all muslims for islamic terrorism.

I'll wait..

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

If you're going to blanket blame all christians for the persecution of the LGBT community then you should also be blaming all muslims for islamic terrorism.

I'll wait..

I didn't blanket blame all Christians for anything. In fact I specifically worded it so as NOT to do that.

So some bigoted Christians...

...certain Christians...

These people are some seriously disturbed Christians.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Ehhh Seen enough of your posts to know what you really mean, but fair enough, you covered your bases effectivley

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Jesus never taught the Ten Commandments, seriously you pervert christs teachings like those who hate homosexuals
You are no better than those hateful Christians, probably worse as you preach a lie

Jesus taught love God and love each other, yes even gays

Please, if you think you know better, know Christianity, know the law.
Just check, beggars belief the absurdity of a , whatever you claim to be, suggesting you have a clue

I will chalk it down to ignorance, shy of other words come to mind

Grow up

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's funny you posted this because I was listening to the radio on the way in to the office this morning and there was an advertisement for persecution.com that caught my attention.

The theme was young people being afraid to state publicly that they believe in Jesus Christ because of the ridicule they would receive. In between testimonies of those that have been persecuted, there were little musical jingles with that same theme.

Seems to me that the Christian persecution complex has become as much a part of the religion as the deities they worship.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's a sign of the end times, brother Krazyshot. Soon they'll be rounding up Christians by the millions, and lining them up for the guillotines, which will be operated by the evil LGBT's...

Seriously, you would think the more fundamentalist Christians would get a clue, since their numbers have been decreasing steadily in recent decades. Evangelicals are still 38-49 percent(give or take) of Christians in the U.S., but that's a far cry from what their numbers used to be. The more liberal denominations on the other hand, are growing, and they aren't so worried about the LGBT community. They have better things to do and worry about.
edit on 3/31/2016 by Klassified because: edit

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Jesus never taught the Ten Commandments, seriously you pervert christs teachings like those who hate homosexuals
You are no better than those hateful Christians, probably worse as you preach a lie

Jesus taught love God and love each other, yes even gays

Please, if you think you know better, know Christianity, know the law.
Just check, beggars belief the absurdity of a , whatever you claim to be, suggesting you have a clue

I will chalk it down to ignorance, shy of other words come to mind

Grow up

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony,

19 honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Matthew 19:17-19)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I bet you any money these people eat prawns, she'll fish and wear mixed fabric clothing.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's not about religion; it's about control.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Seems to me that the Christian persecution complex has become as much a part of the religion as the deities they worship.

You can say that again!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Seems like freedom of speech working to me.

Freedom of speech and freedom of religion does permit one religious group to inflict controls or restrictions on any society around them.

A Christian can believe whatever fanciful nonsense they want to believe, they can be as bigoted as they like, they CANNOT however then attempt to use their religious beliefs as a means to abuse others, to restrict the rights and freedoms of others, or dictate how others should be "permitted" to live their lives.

These are not Christians, they are religious extremists no better than the Taliban.

As for boycotts, anyone can boycott anyone they choose to boycott. Funny how the right wing claim that boycotting is great when it's a cause they support, but somehow "unfair" when it's the masses boycotting them for their ignorant views.

As for business, many states have laws against discrimination, if you don't like those laws don't operate a business in that state and move to one of these backward states where putting up a sign saying "no blacks or jews" is now completely legal.

As for those states currently going backwards, they'll be on the cusp of economic collapse before you can say "Holy Moly that was quick!"

North Carolina is a good example of things about to go terribly wrong. They're going to need an adjustment soon when businesses start to leave, when performers refuse to play there, when sporting events are cancelled or moved out - and when hundreds of thousands of young people and families decide to move to a state not being run into the ground by religious fundamentalists.

This is not the first time this has happened. When you give the young fewer and fewer reasons to stick around your economy collapses, your population gets older and older, you struggle to meet the needs of the ageing community and the haemorrhaging continues until the town/city/state bleeds to death on the ground.

Unfortunately, the Republicans and Christians in control of these cities and states are far more interested in stomping on the rights and freedoms of others under a banner of religious fanaticism to recognize this reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
It's not about religion; it's about control.

Only one will win, and in the US right now it's the Liberals (and long may that continue). Public opinion shows this, voting proves this, the response to backward states inflicting religiously motivated laws on their populations is a great example of how most of America is absolutely f-ed off with the Republican/Conservative/Christian fanaticism they've managed to get away with for so long.

Sadly, as this societal evolution continues down the right path, the fanatics become increasingly fanatical and increasingly desperate. This is why the racism, the homophobia, the rhetoric and the actual violence from the right-wing is increasing, and it's exactly why the US government now deems these people to be more of a threat than Islamic extremism.

PS. It's also why Trump will lose dramatically in November and why either Hillary or Bernie will become POTUS.

edit on 31-3-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Now why is it that certain Christians seem to tie SOOO much religious meaning towards hating gays?

It's quite hypocritical of them to do so since it's one of the few rules/commandments of God in the old testament(aside from the ten commandments)that these particular types of Christians seem to passionately voice their support for. However if you mention any other part of the old testament,where there are strict rules for social conduct,eating habits,no shaving facial hair and women can only have periods outside of town. You will be met with a bunch of arguments about why these rules are not applicable to them for all sorts of reasons,it's asinine.
But hating gays doesn't seem to be one them.

I also like to believe many of these anti-gay rights people are just insecure about their sexuality and any relationship outside of the "traditional" family makes them squeamish like a child.
edit on 3am31America/Chicago3108America/Chicagoam347 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join