It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First graders suspended after plotting to kill classmate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

An Alaska charter school suspended three first-grade girls who had plotted to kill their classmate, according to their principal.

The three girls planned to use silica gel packets, which are commonly found in pre-packaged food products to keep moisture away, to poison another student, KTUU reported. Three students in the class were planning on using the silica gel packets (These are not actually poison, but the students believed they were) from their lunchtime seaweed to poison and kill another student," Winterberry Charter School Principal Shanna Mall reportedly wrote in an email to parents on March 22.

Another student heard about the plan and told school administrators, said Jennifer Castro, spokeswoman for the Anchorage Police Department.

LINK

I had to reread the article before it sank in. First graders (6/7 year old children) planning to kill a classmate. Times sure have changed since I was in first grade but more importantly what does this say about small children and how they think? And these children were GIRLS !

What caused a small child of 6 or 7 years old to convince other classmates to plot and scheme to murder another child? Simply thinking of wanting to kill a human at this age tells me at least one of the children has been exposed to violence either through video games, music, TV, internet or maybe listening to one of its parents raging on about someone they want to kill. NO EXCUSE

This should be an alarm for all parents and it should make us think what are we exposing our children to? What are we allowing our children to watch on TV or what video games they play? Children are being manipulated from outside sources and many parents are overlooking this or just don't give a damn.

I believe the problem is with the parents and not the children. Simply because you can have children does not mean you should! Being a parent means you have responsibilities and part of that responsibility is to protect your child from violence.

What does it take to kill someone? Can you kill someone? Take the test and find out what you are capable of.

Can you kill?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
I'm about to take a look at that test, but I have to say the things I've written when I was in first grade were rather violent and frankly I find them hilarious. So, no I wouldn't blame it on those exposures. To add in my reasoning is that despite what I wrote as a child(first grade actually) being very violent, I was not exposed to violence. Winnie the Pooh was the greatest thing and is still a great thing(adding on). Not necessarily anyways. Also, you seem shocked that they're girls...I have to ask why?

EDIT: Just took the test. Got 55%. But I have to say some of the questions aren't very good...my issue with some of them being the one choice of them. Yes I have thought of killing, but I really couldn't hurt a fly. But I went with the killing despite both being true to me.

edit on 31-3-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I'm about to take a look at that test, but I have to say the things I've written when I was in first grade were rather violent and frankly I find them hilarious. So, no I wouldn't blame it on those exposures. Not necessarily anyways. Also, you seem shocked that they're girls...I have to ask why?

People react when emotions run high..... IMO these children wanting to kill another child is NOT normal but a red flag.

Why am I surprised it was girls? Well, when my daughter was 6 and 7 years old she played with her Barbie doll house, dolls, played at the playground, never displayed any violent behavior as if she wanted to kill something. Her TV time was limited and also what she could watch. She was taught NEVER to hurt anyone at a VERY small age.... I was a big part of her daily life and KNEW who her friends were and made sure she was not exposed to violence. Today she is 34 years, never wanted to kill anyone, has her own children and is a role model as a mother......which I would like to think came from my wife and I.

What are little girls made of? Sugar and spice, and everything nice, That's what little girls are made of.......not murderers.
edit on 31-3-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Probability of killing, 40%

So you have problems with enemies, maybe dont have a high enough self-esteem, or play a few violent videogames. Cutting it a little close there. Try to keep your cool, alright?

My probability is 0%.

I have no enemies, my self esteem is very high, and whenever we have difficult patients I always take them because I have near unlimited patience.

Quiz is stupid.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
I completely agree. Like I said, there are issues with the questions. Of course it is an online quiz. To be expected.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm confused. Then what experience leads you to think a boy would think or plan this? I mean, based on your surprise that they were girls you must think that boys would do this and not girls.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Here is some food for thought.

en.wikipedia.org... "Murder of James Bulger"

They were not exactly first graders but some children are indeed capable of such atrocity as is plainly evident.
edit on 31-3-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I'm confused. Then what experience leads you to think a boy would think or plan this? I mean, based on your surprise that they were girls you must think that boys would do this and not girls.

What are little girls made of?

Sugar and spice, and everything nice,

That's what little girls are made of.

What are little boys made of, made of?

What are little boys made of?

Snips and snails , and puppy dog tails,

That's what little boys are made of.

Do you not know the difference between a boy and a girl other than they have different genitals?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So you rely on stereotypes?....

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Man... These quizzes are terrible! More questions, better questions would be required in order to... You know what? Never mind.

This situation with the 1st graders is awful. But shocking? Surprising? Not really. It's been many years since I was a stripling, but there were murderous savages back then as well. I remember watching the news when I was small, an item came up involving two children, who had captured, kidnapped, tortured and murdered a toddler. The murders names were Venables and Thompson. They are perhaps the most infamous murderers in this country, and they were only ten and eleven years old respectively at the time. They did not know their victim. They simply snatched him up at a shopping centre, took him to a railway siding, and committed a drawn out, and utterly appalling assault upon him, the details of which are so disgusting as to boggle the mind. They did things to that toddler boy, James Bulger, that no one should ever experience.

The gaggle of evil little twerps in your OP article are dangerous, but I am willing to bet that one of them is puppeting one or more of the others. There will be a ring leader, and that is the one who will need watching, like a hawk for every day of the rest of their lives.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

What are little girls made of?

Sugar and spice, and everything nice,

That's what little girls are made of.

What are little boys made of, made of?

What are little boys made of?

Snips and snails , and puppy dog tails,

That's what little boys are made of.

Do you not know the difference between a boy and a girl other than they have different genitals?
Apparently you haven't checked out any LMN movies... females of all ages can be wicked.
The OP I find disturbing. Maybe the girls had been binge watching LMN.
Seriously though, glad some one piped up and told on them.
All I can remember about school at that age is trying to get good at the monkey bars and getting blisters on my hands from the monkey bars... I'm at a loss as to what is going on with a kid that wants to inflict harm on someone, it's disturbing and weird and parenting has tons to do with it most likely.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I believe there was a young girl, by the name of Mary Bell. A child, and a -girl-! And a murderer.

Though if I recalled correctly, she did have a pretty terrible upbringing. At any rate. Not my point. Just bringing light to the fact that there are girls that have and will be horrible people, not just boys.

It is incredibly sad though to see such young children plotting to murder another. I see more and more stories of things happening in schools, the seeming changes in attitudes of some children, and the more I despair and wish to plot a course for home-schooling in the future.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
...What caused a small child of 6 or 7 years old to convince other classmates to plot and scheme to murder another child? Simply thinking of wanting to kill a human at this age tells me at least one of the children has been exposed to violence either through video games, music, TV, internet or maybe listening to one of its parents raging on about someone they want to kill. NO EXCUSE

I am not trying to blame all of our problems on the television; they go much, much deeper than that. It's more of a symptom than a cause.

That said, last night I walked into my bedroom (a place where should find refuge but generally stay out of as my wife watches the damned television there) and I was treated to "entertainment" about a man kidnapping women, burying them in a basement and repeatedly raping them.

This is our "entertainment?" This is what we are feeding our collective psyche on?

This is sick! Whether this is part of the cause of part of the symptom (I think it's both), it indicates where we are as a culture.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I maybe should reconsider that kids are a blank sheet..

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Do you have any good ideas for homeschooling in practice?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kisin

I am 29 and most definitely -not- a well travelled, or learned, person of the world. I know basic math, English, the bare smatterings of science, and the tiniest tidbits of ancient and modern history.

In Australia, if you choose to homeschool, in the state that I live in at any rate - it is slightly more stricter than that of the other Australian states that you absolutely -must- show the educational board -exactly- what you plan to teach your child, how you intend to go about it, and they will make sure that it corresponds to their own guidelines. I have vaguely gone over their requirements in the past as I contemplate what I plan to do with my son in the future.

However, I "wish to plot a course for home-schooling in the future." is just that, a wish. I am uncertain if it will come to pass, but the option is there and looking rather shiny.

Anyway, that's not here or now.

Just a brief expounding of air as I shake my fist at other parents and their possible violent, murderous, children.

Also, did the test linked in the OP and my result was:

Probability of killing, 46%
So you have problems with enemies, maybe dont have a high enough self-esteem, or play a few violent videogames. Cutting it a little close there. Try to keep your cool, alright?

Dun dun dunnnnnn!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

access denied.. Damnit!!! i want to try the link

i got a 42%!
edit on 31-3-2016 by kisin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I agree and also do not put full blame on what we watch on TV, I put the blame on parents and on society as a whole. As a whole we have lost our sensitivity. The stimulation we receive from the daily news, TV, ....etc... we have overall lost empathy for one another at a six year old level. Today very little shocks us as a society...... the killings in Paris and Brussels was news for about three to four days and now...... gone and mostly forgotten by the majority.

Someone earlier in the thread talked about a 10 year old and an 11 year old killing a small child..... now it is six year olds.... I remember when the social workers questioned that 10 and 11 year old as to why they killed that small child and they said they wanted to feel what it is like to kill something/someone.

IMO we need to start holding parents responsible for the acts of their young children. Many parents today are nothing more than children trying to raise children.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
you blame the parents, i blame this:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Times sure have changed for the worse.

the day before yesterday i would have said: well they are just kids. A matter of having an educational talk with them and go back to normal.

However, just yesterday i saw this video from a bunch of kids acting like violent streetgang on a train in Philly.The kids are about in the same age group, they physically attack a man, swear at him with words i did not even know til is was a teen, a language so despicable that it would be against ATS Rules. The whole incident ended with them exiting the train and spitting at the man.

As always with videos we don t know what happenend before, what lead to the situation etc.

But their behaviour is outright scary. As well because as soon as you try defend yourself as an adult you gonna be the child abuser, no matter how hard they attacked you.

I see a dark future for these kids and society as a whole.

Here s the video: Philly kids on a rampage

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join