It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of shots fired, possible terror cell activity in Apple Valley near San Bernardino.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Turbans... I always associate those with Sikh communities more than any other cultural or religious group.

The second link has photos of the young men sitting on the ground handcuffed.
Not a turban in sight.
They all have fairly short haircuts.
They definitely are not Sikhs. Nothing like any Sikhs that I am familiar with, anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This what it says at the bottom of the bloggers page, the blog being the only thing that says people were shot at.

SUMMARY: On Sunday, March 27, 2016, at about 8:25 am, deputies from the Victor Valley Sheriff's Station responded to reports of shots fired in the Deep Creek Hot Springs area of Apple Valley. The reporting party told the 911 operator more than 100 shots were heard and 5 to 7 subjects wearing turbans were seen in the area shooting assault rifles, handguns, and shotguns.

Due to this being a very rural location, Sheriff's Aviation assisted to conduct an area check for the alleged shooters while patrol units from the Victor Valley Station responded. The sheriff's helicopter arrived and located a group of males, 17 total, walking away from the creek carrying back packs and other items. Deputies from Apple Valley, Hesperia, and Victorville Police Stations also responded to assist.

Shortly after deputies arrived to the area the subjects were detained and searched. Several handguns, a rifle, and a shotgun were found during a search of the backpacks and bedding the subjects had been carrying. The subjects were very cooperative and were interviewed. A local FBI agent responded to assist with interviews. A records check of the subjects, their weapons, and their vehicles was completed. The records check revealed none of the subjects had a criminal history or outstanding warrants, the weapons were registered with the Department of Justice except for the rifle, and the vehicles were also registered.

Several hikers were contacted, but none of them witnessed the guns being fired. There was no evidence found that a crime had been committed by any of the subjects who were detained and they were released.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation is urged to contact Deputy S. Scranton or Sergeant D. Rodriguez at (760)552-6800. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to call the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) or online at www.wetip.com.

Station: Victor Valley Station

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I had a run in with our State Police last Saturday for about the same reason. I was at a Sportsmen's Club shooting 9mm pistol. I have a 50 round magazine for my Beretta and every so often I load it and burn through it as fast as I can. About 20 minutes after I do it a State Police car comes up the drive. I remove the mag, open the slide, place my pistol on the table and step away from it. The officer comes up, asks for ID and my club membership card, which I hand to him. He looks at them and hands them back and tells me that he had a report of somebody shooting an automatic weapon. I told him about burning through the 50 round mag and showed it to him. "Where in the hell did you get this?" he asked. "Naples, Italy in 1986. While I was in the Navy" I said. I asked if there was a problem and he said "No" and left.

Too many people being made too paranoid by our Government and Media. Just look at the college professor who panicked when she saw the ROTC conducting maneuvers.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reports of gunshots and chanting in the predawn hours, officials said. According to law enforcement sources, 17 men of Middle Eastern descent were detained.

With the assistance of a sheriff’s helicopter, deputies located the men walking away from a creek carrying backpacks and other items.

A search found several handguns, a rifle and a shotgun, according to a sheriff’s statement.

In today's world of open borders and self-radicalization of home grown terrorists, the above should raise a red flag. We are constantly told "if you see something, say something".

Common sense does not = Islamaphobia

If I saw 17 middle eastern men near the San Bernadino area chanting in the predawn hours carrying a cache of weapons, and shooting, you bet I would call the authorities.

The possibility that the San Bernadino terrorists were part of a bigger cell has always been considered, so this incident of the 17 ME men demands common sense. Report it.

And just because the weapons checked out to be registered with the Dept. of Justice, doesn't mean squat. Men with no known criminal history doesn't mean squat. Did the San Bernadino guy have a record? I don't think so. Yet he along with his wife, who also didn't have a criminal record, walked into a room and killed in cold blood 14 people and injured several others.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
You are right about people getting too excited.
I am a member at a Sportmen's club that has 25, 75 and 100 meter ranges. Typically, the guys that you see there are sighting in their deer rifles or shooting their pistols.
One day there were a couple of members there shooting AK's and SKS's, and the one guy had a semiauto RPD that he had picked up somewhere. He had a belt drum and after some feeling the weapon out, he left a whole belt go as fast as he could pull the trigger. Of course, someone reported auto weapons fire and a visit by the local police came minutes later.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Possible terror cell activity?

And when it comes back that all the guns were purchased legally - of course, the American response is "I don't care! Consitutional rights! Ha! You're a terrorist!," although these men did nothing outside of the law.

Now what I find absolutely hilarious - a militia group in Oregon was applauded and hailed on ATS - yet we're going to call this a terror cell?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

A group of ME men excercise their rights and are being demonized for it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They're still rats.
And I'm sick today don't pick on me.
edit on 3292016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They're still rats.
And I'm sick today don't pick on me.

My apologies.
I do hope that you feel better soon. If it is a respiratory/sinus thing, we had that one go through my workplace, and it lasts for weeks.
The terrorists most definitely are rats!

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It seems to be a waste of time to care these days. There are too many sympathizers who defend and ridicule and call anyone who would 'see something, say something' islamophobic. Turbans, yeah right, I think the wrong word was used should it have been Keffiyeh? Maybe their names will be associated with the San Bernadino iphone they claim to have unlocked, who knows?
edit on 3/29/2016 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Could be a terror cell, could be a WEDDING as far as Islam's concern.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What gets me is why are most of the fire arms on the people detained registered to the justice department??? Were all these men Federal or State employees on a field trip or were these guns stolen from the Justice Dept? Or even stranger were these firearms supplied by the Justice department for some nefarious reason? Just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
What gets me is why are most of the fire arms on the people detained registered to the justice department??? Were all these men Federal or State employees on a field trip or were these guns stolen from the Justice Dept? Or even stranger were these firearms supplied by the Justice department for some nefarious reason? Just doesn't make any sense.

You ask valid questions. I hope the FBI will investigate every one of them. Since Fast & Furious, who knows what the Justice Department is up to. It is quite possible, if you ask me, that we may have infiltrators within that department. Did you know that they found weapons attached to the Fast & Furious debacle in El Chapo's hideout after he was apprehended? Yep...they did.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Far as im concerned everybody should be packing.....
we might get rid of a lot of arseholes that way.....

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Not guilty but you know they are now under surveillance

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

If I saw 17 people of any Gender, Nationality, Age or Religion walking around in a group with guns, in an area where people are hiking and camping, I'd leave any stuff I had there, and Run Rabbit Run!

Granted, I may not be the "campist" (just made that word up - Ha!) kinda girl, but we do go RVing, and I have never seen anything like that in the National or State parks we frequent...people with guns, yes. But not in an all male, fairly large group.

This story smells like three day old fish. Hmmmmm...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Justice Department.
In Calif all assault weapons have to be registered with the state Department of Justice

I my life time i have shoot over 20,000 rounds in the calif desert and the only times the cops showed up was when i shot a old case of dynamite i removed from a mine or was firing cannons and bowling ball mortars.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So terrorists are attacking campers now? And too boot, they're terrible shots? This story is so confusing.

I've been told that people from a certain asian area are gun shy, and close their eyes when pulling the trigger.

I can belive that, because about 40 of those people shot at each other for more than an hour outside a mosque in our capital, no one was killed or injured.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yeah some nasty bug in the head, nose, throat and chest.

See? We can find common ground.

I suffered some serious terrorists tunnel vision there didn't I?

I can't even blame it on meds. I'm not taking any.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There are a few articles, with a couple added details. It does say there were around 30 of them. When police arrived, they huddled into a group, then split into 2 groups going different ways. Why would they do that? Possibly handing off incriminating things to the fleeing group, while the "here we are, search and question us" group stayed behind with the police. I'm sure turban was the wrong word, and maybe a couple of em had some kind of head wrap on, which could have been pulled off when police arrived. I wonder why the police would act like they didn't know what the caller was talking about, until he said he was there and had picture. This is pretty close to home for me, as was the San Bernardino attack. So I would much rather know EVERYTHING I can about it, than just brush it off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join