It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are Stuff They Don't Want You to Know - Ask Us Anything

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe1223

I'm of the belief that voting is a sham and changes nothing. I believe nothing short of a revolution will set this country back on the right path.

Boy oh boy, that's a tough one.

I do feel like a revolution within the two party system we're unfortunately saddled with seems less and less likely every day. Folks seem to put so much emphasis on electing a president who represents their views, but yet there's so much divisiveness in the legislature that even the most revolutionary of presidents would likely be hamstrung by endless filibusters and pointless debates.

That being said, I think voting is still incredibly important as it's one of the few ways we can (in theory anyway) affect change moving forward.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Oh...and that woman (forgot her name) who ended up dead in the water tank in that L.A. hotel after seemingly interacting with something invisible in the elevator... do you think she was involved with cloaked special forces operatives, psychotic or...?

Elissa Lam I believe.
edit on 25-3-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MattFrederick

Hey guys and welcome!

Here is a question for you. What do you make of photon belt theory?
edit on 25-3-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

"Otherwise, nothing scary. I've passed the moderate background checks necessary meeting with Congressmen and Senators, so I'm probably not any any list -- at least, as far as I know. (!)" Per SkepticOverlord

SkepticOverlord... given the subject matters. And what ATS compels us here to lookup on the internet...
We are "All" on a list.🚨
edit on 25-3-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

"Otherwise, nothing scary. I've passed the moderate background checks necessary meeting with Congressmen and Senators, so I'm probably not any any list -- at least, as far as I know. (!)" Per SkepticOverlord

SkepticOverlord... given the subject matters. And what ATS compels us here to lookup on the internet...
We are "All" on a list.🚨

Lol, yup.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey guys! Love your show. Just a random question: do yall like to read for fun, and if you do, who are your favorite authors?

Also, do you plan on doing another Gnosticism episode?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Hi and welcome to ATS.

There are many citizen journalists on this site... Do you have any advice for those who want to follow in your footsteps?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Whoa. I'm only vaguely familiar with the 1975 Pine Ridge conflict. Now I'm going to spend hours look through all this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to address the ATS community.

Have you looked into the Missing 411/Disappearances in the National Parks?
Or perhaps crossed paths with David Paulides and his research?

If so, what do your individual research/feelings/intuition lead you to believe could be going on?

Thanks in advance if you get around to this question!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Wow!!

You guys are awsome, I am a long term subscriber to you channel on YouTube, big fan, but i am also quite a bit critic of many conspiracies which is why i am asking this question.

Some of your videos are pretty wacky and far-fetched for example you have a video looking at crisis actors, flat earth among a few others for example.

With that said, I am just curious; do you guys actually literally believe everything you claim in your videos to be true or is there a substantial chunk of your content that is entertainment focused and created to generate views form individuals who believe in some of the more fringe elements of conspiracy theory?

Thanks guys!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

Thanks! I read as much as possible. All three of us love graphic novels, and sometimes we'll meet just to discuss things we've read recently. As you might imagine, we're big fans of The Invisibles.

In terms of personal reading, I read both fiction and nonfiction. Often my choices will be related to our current research, and occasionally a book will inspire an episode (shout out to "Propaganda," by Edward Bernays).

Lately I've been rereading some Raymond Carver, Mark Kurlansky and George RR Martin. I also just received a book of Thomas Ligotti's short stories, and I'm excited to crack into it over the weekend. I'll have to grab another copy of "The Illuminatus! Trilogy," as I keep giving it away (such a great read). Additionally, I'm fascinated by literature on the DPRK, as well as in-depth looks at geopolitical machinations.

In terms of shorter stuff, I often end up burying my head in news reports, follow-ups on news reports that largely vanished, declassified/redacted documents, news from foreign sources -- especially important now that the US government is officially allowed to market propaganda domestically.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

In my opinion, Area 51 (the alien angle at least) seems to be an ingenious distraction from the highly-advanced weapons that were tested there. But honestly - and unfortunately - I have no way of proving anything. Are they still conducting tests? And if so what kind of tests?!?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This is a great question, and thank you for asking. In our videos we present a concept or theory, along with any existing proof for or against the concept. Essentially we aim to present claims and perspectives. If there's no universally-accepted proof of a concept, we're certainly not attempting to tell people otherwise. In the "Flat Earth Update" video, we noted, several times, that all scientific evidence indicates the Earth is spherical. We also invited anyone who believed this was not the case -- that Earth was somehow flat -- to present evidence for this claim. In several cases you'll note we claim that a certain party believes a thing, but we won't claim a belief as our own (that would be exercising opinion).

We don't always hit this balance perfectly, and each new episode of STDWYTK is part of a continual learning process. We're lucky to have an audience that keeps us honest, and we welcome corrections.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I must admit I am not familiar with your shows. Are you guys focusing on conspiracy theories, or do you also explore alternative science?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BenjaminBowlin

Thanks for the reply! Hope your experience here is a good one. I'll take a look at your video as soon as I can.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You're welcome and thank you for answering. There was a movie made about it called Incident at Oglala. You might find it of interest. It's on youtube sometimes. Also, there's a book called In the Spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matthiessen. Most libraries would have it, I think. I believe at one time the FBI pressured the publishers into not printing it.

Something else that might interest you (and is mentioned in Incident at Oglala) is the deaths of one time A.I.M. member John Trudell's family on the Duck Valley Indian Reservation in Nevada. They were burned to death in a house fire. He always suspected FBI involvement.

ETA: Thank you all again for taking the time to do this. This is so exciting!
edit on 25-3-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

Trusting anecdotal evidence of the existence of ghosts is extremely difficult for me, and this type of evidence is mostly what you find when researching this topic. I want SO badly to experience something that would sway my current disbelief. Also - I ain't afraid of no ghost. *cue the music*
edit on 25-3-2016 by MattFrederick because: missed a word (this)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm very excited to take a closer look at this one.
We know an underground exists beneath the surface of mainstream American culture. In this country, it's alarmingly possible for people to disappear. The FBI has a database of Highway-based serial killers. The Rainbow Gatherings have been at times beset by dangerous people who dropped off the grid (sometimes felons) not as a rejection of Babylon but as a means to nefarious ends. (Side note: from everything I've read, the vast, vast majority of the Rainbow Family is composed of caring, compassionate people who just don't care for mainstream US society.) The FTRA became notorious for disappearing people.
It's likely that many people purposefully disappear in National Parks. It's also likely that people have been murdered. As we delve into this, we're learning more and more odd stuff. It's easy, sometimes, to forget just HOW BIG the US is. Forget a needle in a haystack -- even with obsessive surveillance technology, an individual person is more like a mote of dust on a windy day.

Here's hoping we learn more about this, and soon. Hoping we can interview Mr. Paulides in the future!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

We try to cover anything and everything where there is some party (whether group or individual) that wants to keep secrets from the public. We've covered everything from ECHELON to Orgone-Eloptic energy. I know that's a WIDE net to throw, but that's what strive we do.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MattFrederick
a reply to: Im2keul

Trusting anecdotal evidence of the existence of ghosts is extremely difficult for me, and this type of evidence is mostly what you find when researching this topic. I want SO badly to experience something that would sway my current disbelief. Also - I ain't afraid of no ghost. *cue the music*

I was in an old abandoned sanatorium around 16 with a friend of mine and two girls we were courting. The typical immature punk that I was, I started kicking over stacks and stacks of papers, throwing tiles from the floor into the wall like ninja stars.

Afterwards, we continued through this mansion, found a billiard room and than bathroom stalls. Looking out the window we managed to get a few stories up to my surprise. Suddenly, the same exact racket we were making a couple rooms over was heard by all of us (4), I.e. Tiles mashing into walls, etc. my friend and I look at each other scared as #. I pick up a piece of broken plumbing from the bathroom and he and I charge back into the room.

Nothing.

Not a sound, or a moving paper. We looked to the windows to see if other kids were running, nothing. Can't explain that experience to this day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join