It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro- choice over in Indiana ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Governor Mike pence signs bill HEA 1337 . It makes almost all abortions illegal in Indiana .
Is this Law constitutional ?
Can this law supercede Roe Vs Wade ?
I don't think it will take very long for law suits to happen ?
Wish I knew more about state law vs fed law . Any ats members have answers? I would be thankful!
www.nuvo.net...
edit on 25-3-2016 by DEANORULES24 because: fix link

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24
There will be lawsuits.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hopefully HEA 1337 will be repelled. It's not only anti-woman, but facilities like Planned Parenthood are threatened and as a result many women will not be able to find the help they need if PP is closed down.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Gov. Mike Pence made Indiana the second state in the nation to ban abortions sought because the fetus has a disability, signing into law Thursday an expansion of the state's already restrictive abortion laws.

Indy Star
edit on 25-3-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Gov. Mike Pence made Indiana the second state in the nation to ban abortions sought because the fetus has a disability, signing into law Thursday an expansion of the state's already restrictive abortion laws.

Indy Star

That is not the entirety of the law.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: amicktd

Indy Star

That is not the entirety of the law.

Understand, The OP was having some issues with a link to the story, so I added the local news.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Surprised this thread hasn't blown up.

It won't be enforceable at all...
The Constitution trumps all BS...

But I can imagine some weary unaware pregnant women not getting an abortion at the thought of criminal proceedings...

Shame. This could be deadly.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well, to be fair, all abortions are deadly, it just depends about which life you are referring.

a reply to: DEANORULE

I'm sure that there will be plenty of lawsuits concerning this law. Shame, really, as I'm quite against elective abortions, especially for such reasons as this.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: Nothing you say will make me accept elective abortion as a good thing. You can waste time trying, if that's how/why you want to respond to my comment, but I've dealt with enough of these threads to know that if I respond in kind, it will perpetuate forever without accomplishing anything of substance. So, prepare for a lack of response...just wanted to throw my two cents into the thread.S24[/post]

edit on 25-3-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Another win for big government, now who is always crying about the gubernment getting involved in peoples lives?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Another win for big government, now who is always crying about the gubernment getting involved in peoples lives?

Usually conservatives and outdated Mike Pence is about as conservative/religious as they come.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well I find most abortion to be disgraceful disregard of human life, not just elective.

If we are trying to out extreme each other.

But I think you know what I meant by my words without the witty one liner.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well, to be fair, all abortions are deadly, it just depends about which life you are referring.

a reply to: DEANORULE

I'm sure that there will be plenty of lawsuits concerning this law. Shame, really, as I'm quite against elective abortions, especially for such reasons as this.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: Nothing you say will make me accept elective abortion as a good thing. You can waste time trying, if that's how/why you want to respond to my comment, but I've dealt with enough of these threads to know that if I respond in kind, it will perpetuate forever without accomplishing anything of substance. So, prepare for a lack of response...just wanted to throw my two cents into the thread.S24[/post]

Especially for what reasons? This law says the woman can't terminate if the baby has a defect where it will live for 3 months.

It will force burial on fetuses that cannot live outside the womb. That is so horrible. My aunt miscarried in her 7th month. She had 5 children already. her husband, a police officer, had been killed in the line of duty just a couple months before. At 7 months, they normally have you name the baby and have a funeral, that is reasonable. Though it was difficult for her to attend yet another funeral.

Before that time, just WHY??? It is akin to forced ultrasounds. Just unnecessary.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

I missed the part of this Indiana bill that guarantees lifetime medical coverage and financial help with all the special and professional services that a family with a special needs child will require, especially after being forced, without choice, into such a situation.

Sure hope Indiana doesn't get hit with the Zika Virus!

Gotta love Republican hypocrisy!
edit on 25-3-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Kids Waiting for Adoption

Here's 8 pages of kids waiting to be adopted in Indiana right this minute.

Here's an idea: take care of them first, then worry about fetuses with defects.

PS If I lived in Indiana and had a baby with severe deformities because abortion was no longer an option, I would drop it off on Mike Pence's friggin doorstep. $20 says he wouldn't keep it.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That's exactly what I wondered when I read about this bill. A severely disabled kid would probably qualify for disability/Medicaid, which would help cover cost of living/medical costs. But will the state provide caretakers to help ensure the parents' sanity in such a stressful situation?

I was a nursing assistant for 7 years. Feeding, bathing, dealing with incontinence is grueling round the clock work. I was getting paid and only doing it for a set number of hours per day. What's their plan to help parents out when they're suddenly forced to do that kind of thing 24/7?

new topics

top topics

join