It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking at 9AM!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That cake sounds yummy! Yes, and so unfortunate about the stout leftover, one can't let it go to waste!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

I'm always partial to simple roasted asparagus seasoned with some olive oil, salt, and pepper.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
First off, I work weird hours. 2am-10am. So I see nothing wrong with having a drink or six in the morning. Especially beer. Good beer.

Beer is an awesome cooking ingredient. I'll plan meals around what I have on tap or in the bottle.
And ketsuko is right about the asparagus. Let the plant be the pop of awesome flavor.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
24 hours in a day and 24 beers in a crate...and you don't think there's a coincidence?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

The old man prefers military time when he drinks!

As a side dish for ham, we usually have a crock pot of fresh/frozen green beans with little chunks of ham in them.
Mouth watering, IMO.

OP, THAT cake sounds delicious!

Have a great weekend all!

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I have a scotch every morning on the weekend

I just finished a bottle of Chardonnay.

What's the problem with drinking in the morning. If you are not operating heavy machinery or in a position of saving anothers life do as you will.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Late to the party...

Next time, just pour it in your coffee! Seriously, coffee and stout are the best! I have been known to order a straight up espresso just to add to my pint o' stout.

And one of my own homebrew creations is actually a coffee stout. Since you make 5 gallons at a time, I use a half-pound of coarse (and freshly) ground coffee at the end of the boil (in a cheese cloth bag just before chilling the wort). You need to add a little more hops since coffee is bitter but that is OK. Go through the rest of the steps and you end up with coffee stout!

Hope that big long list of stuff you made turned out (sure it did)!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join