It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Who is Supreme Leader Snoke?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What is everyone's thoughts on who Snoke is?

My thoughts on this matter are his either:

1. Darth Plagueis. Who figured out how to defeat death. We don't know how he died by Palpatine.
2. Emperor Palpatine. Who figured out how to defeat death with the help of Anakin.
3. A clone of Darth Vader. (Not Anakin but a scarred Vader clone).
4. Anakin Skywalker himself, and the one that dies was a defective clone that fell for the light.

Number four I highly doubt, but im thinking the first 3 are a definite possibility.

Whats your thoughts?
edit on 25-3-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

I think I need to be "in the circle" on That 70s Show to formulate an answer...

...and may even keep a straight face...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
madmac5150,

Allow me to invite you "in the circle".

Keep away from the marijuana/ganja and you may keep a straight face.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

He's the true form of jar jar binks.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Out of all of them I would go with Darth Plagueis. In a snap decision while practicing his speech for the next day's ceremony elevating himself to Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine zapped his master with force lightning. Presumably killing him. I seriously doubt Sidious would not have made ABSOLUTELY sure his masrter was dead.

I read this in Lords Of The Sith. I'm not sure if it is canon though.

Nothing was said about the disposal of the body. But Sidious probably cut him up into little Munn pieces.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

He's the true form of jar jar binks.

Depends
If they revert back to the main storyline, then sure..but I think they wont go back. but..it should have been.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
What is everyone's thoughts on who Snoke is?

My thoughts on this matter are his either:

1. Darth Plagueis. Who figured out how to defeat death. We don't know how he died by Palpatine.

he died..his assistant (who he taught everything to) killed him
So..maybe his assistant...

2. Emperor Palpatine. Who figured out how to defeat death with the help of Anakin.

Dead. I dont think they will be doing a Voldemort on him.

3. A clone of Darth Vader. (Not Anakin but a scarred Vader clone).

Too campy. peoples eyes would roll out the theater if that was to happen..also, why scar up a clone?

4. Anakin Skywalker himself, and the one that dies was a defective clone that fell for the light.

same answer as 3..

Number four I highly doubt, but im thinking the first 3 are a definite possibility.

Whats your thoughts?

favored odds if its someone we know, is that its jar jar.
edit on 25-3-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

thats the big hologram guy right?

I think he has something to do with Yoda... a brother or something

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The main reason why I say his Vader is due to the scars. They align.

www.google.com.au...

If the above link does not work just google Snoke is Vader and check out the photo comparisons.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

You see vader die. And he is 80% robot as well, snoke is in a full form.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You see vader die. And he is 80% robot as well, snoke is in a full form.

See point 3 and 4.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

me and my buddy were discussing this and i think he might very well be palpatine, the upper segment on the right side of his face looks somewhat like a younger palpatine just in the basic structure and whatnot. i havent read any of the EU but it doesnt matter since its no longer cannon well most of it i think at least. but im puttin my bets on either palpatine or someone completely new.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
The main reason why I say his Vader is due to the scars. They align.

www.google.com.au...

If the above link does not work just google Snoke is Vader and check out the photo comparisons.

one scar aligns...sorta
but it also aligns to yoda
not to mention..its a hologram..so could look like anything.
and finally...
Vader/Anakin is shown as a spirit in return of the jedi..so that kills that (the previous films are canon)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Rabb420,
Yeah Palpatine is the one thats the strongest in my mind. His the sith lord in the first 6 movies. Would not suprise me if the movie series is pretty much Palpatine vs Skywalker. Highly likely.

SaturnFX,
We are missing around 20 history. If its point 3 and 4 then the healing could explain the slight misaliment of the scars.

Akragon,
Dont think his of yodas race. Yoda is dwarf like.

At this stage we can only speculate. But boy is it fun speculating.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
Out of all of them I would go with Darth Plagueis. In a snap decision while practicing his speech for the next day's ceremony elevating himself to Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine zapped his master with force lightning. Presumably killing him. I seriously doubt Sidious would not have made ABSOLUTELY sure his masrter was dead.

I read this in Lords Of The Sith. I'm not sure if it is canon though.

Nothing was said about the disposal of the body. But Sidious probably cut him up into little Munn pieces.

I have not read the 3 or 4 accepted disney books. Although want to. Is this one of them?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't understand why you guys are talking about the EU. It is my understanding that they stayed clear of all that. Which is a shame as I would love to see Thrawn and some interdictors and mara.

Was snoke originally from the EU?

edit on 25-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I don't understand why you guys are talking about the EU. It is my understanding that they stayed clear of all that. Which is a shame as I would love to see Thrawn and some interdictors and mara.

Was snoke originally from the EU?

I have read most of them and his not in it.
He could be the lizard dude that competed with vader for the emporers favor. And became scarred between ep 3 to 7. Cant remember his name .

But snork looks more human. Given the emporer was a rasist, favoring his own race (human) id say snorks a human.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Who's to say what we saw was a hologram of Snokes ?

How about this for an idea

While Luke was training Kylo, Kylo could feel the dark side of force, he succumbed to it and went on a search for Sith relics, during this time he somehow awakened an ancient Sith spirit and now that spirit is teaching Kylo the ways of the Dark Side.

What we saw of Snokes wasn't a hologram but was infact Snokes spirit form

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think he is Darth Plaguis because Darth Plagueis knew how to defeat death itself. Once Emperor Palpatine killed him, he probably resurrected himself and then watched the Empire grow behind the scenes, planning to take control of it after Palpatine was through. Anakin Skywalker and the whole bloodline are Darth Plagueis' creation - he birthed them from the force itself. That is why they have special attunement to the force. It would make sense for him to return to the storyline.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I personally think its going to be be Darth Plaguis.

My reasoning is this; TFA is set about 30 years after the end of the Sith, if you think about 30 years is really not that long for a full Sith lord to just appear from nothingness and be trained to the level that Snoke seems to be. The only other Sith lord who is still cannon is Plaguis who it is even said in the movies could save people from death, and if you read his book i also think he was the smartest Sith. I also think if you watch the footage of Lawrance Kasdan being asked about Plaguis by a fan the reaction is very interesting. So there are two or three very good points that suggest it being Plaguis which is why I think he is the right fit.

HOWEVER.

Part of me now thinks that its just too obvious and fans being wired and all that the writers are going to look for a new origins for Snoke. He could possible just the the manifestation of some ancient Sith via a holocorn or he could be some wired dark side manifestation of the force, another possibility could be that he is a dark side force wielder from Mortis. Indeed he could also be Ezra Bridger or something totally different that nobody see's coming, that why we love this franchise I think being able to speculate about stuff like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join