It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Big Pharma really this evil?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I'm not saying curing cancer is that simple.

Just not dismissing this out-of-hand.

We're mislead by the doctors and drug companies routinely for profit.

To me that makes the story plausible.

To say it's total nonsense because "vaccines don't work that way" is naive imo.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm trying to make sense of how a vaccine would work to prevent cancer. Vaccines are used before you get a disease to help your body develope an immunity to a virus. I'm to believe that cancer is not a virus. I am trying to make sense of this and found this link that says cancer is cells that mutate and multiply and don't act like normal healthy cells,
www.cancer.gov...
It is not a virus if I am reading correctly... how could you vaccinate against it?
And still no link to OP's source?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

If Big Pharma cared about people they would CURE diseases and not put them in maintenance with drugs forever for a high cost. They are complete scum and take advantage of people.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hmm, Cuba starting out on the same braggadocio level as NK ? We have all this wonderous technology. Ermmm no you dont...

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The op isn't completely off base with his claims.

It seems that evil big pharma is researching this, how evil of them.

www.cancerresearchuk.org...

What CimaVax is.

CimaVax EGF is a vaccine treatment being developed in Cuba for non small cell lung cancer. The vaccine targets a particular protein called epidermal growth factor (EGF). EGF occurs naturally in the body and signals to cells to grow and divide. It does this by attaching to a receptor protein on the cell surface. Some cancers make the body produce too much EGF so that the cells grow and divide uncontrollably.

The CimaVax vaccine is made up of two proteins, one of which is EGF. The vaccine works by stimulating the body’s immune response. It encourages the body to make antibodies that recognise and bind to EGF. This stops the EGF attaching to the receptors on cancer cells. So there is no signal telling the cancer cells to grow and divide. This slows the growth of the cancer.

Also, this.

jnci.oxfordjournals.org...

n a pilot study in Cuba, all patients given the vaccine have had advanced non-small cell lung cancer. The study is ongoing. In a follow-up study, the 80 patients in the Canadian trial, which opened last September, are being randomized to get or not get the vaccine. Vincent is not sure of definitive results. “We may find,” he said, “that our end-stage people with non-small cell lung cancer do not mount an immune response to anything because they are too immuno-depressed. If so, we may need to move to a randomized study of the vaccine in patients with slightly less advanced disease.”

None of this was difficult to find, despite bit pharma obviously suppressing this information so well it's readily found in journals and on cancer research sites.
edit on 20-3-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold Thank you! This sheds a lot of clarity on what and how the vaccine works. I'm still confused as to why it's called a vaccine when it's being given to people who are already experiencing non-small lung cancer... isn't this more of a cure?
So, if it is not being hidden from the public, basically it is a story about the advances they are making in the medical fields regarding cancer... and that is interesting in itself.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

It wasn't a source. Snapchat has sponsored snaps. Cnn, Vice,Buzzfeed, Ny times, Presidential race etc. They show highlights of holidays going on in the world. One of them focused on Cuba opening its borders I read it there. I'm gonna link article when phone isn't bout to die

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros Thank you for bringing this story to light!

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'd go as far as to say their also aware of the skyrocket in cancers and diseases following mass vaccinations.

Even family guy knows how things work.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Because they have little to no safty standards or testing protocols in places like cuba.

The reason it takes a new drug on average 10-20 years to go from discovery to full market release is because it has to go through the four stages of clinical trials.

Plus throughout the manufacturering process to be allowed to sell in places like the USA and EU the pharmaceutical company needs to comply with GMP and GLP for safety which is EXTREMELY labour intensive.
edit on 21-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

OP is a really long wall of text, so I'll just answer the headline of the thread:

Yes.

yes, op, good thread but the long wall, please break into paragraphs for easier reading......

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There are a lot of older and newer sources on the vaccine which is called Cimivax.

What is Cimavax?

Cimavax is a vaccine designed by Cuba’s Center for Molecular Immunology to help lung cancer patients by targeting a specific hormone that can encourage tumors to grow. The vaccine works by creating a protein in the body that primes the immune system to attack a hormone called epidermal growth factor (EGF), a naturally occurring hormone in the body.

"The idea is that ... the Cimavax vaccine induces a immune response" to stop EFG production, explained Lee. "The tumor is being starved."

Source-ABC

Sources say lung cancer si the most common cancer in Cuba. Apparently they have had the vaccine for it for years and it's free.

"Cuba’s Had A Lung Cancer Vaccine For Years, And Now It’s Coming To The U.S."

CimaVax, which is both a treatment and vaccine for lung cancer, has been researched in Cuba for 25 years and free to the Cuban public since 2011.

HPost

On Canada testing the vaccine;

The difficulty, he said, was that “our [Canadian] patients are somewhat different from those in Cuba in that they have had chemotherapy of a different sort and may be at a different point in their natural history [of non-small cell lung cancer].”

See here

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Anyway, BP wants to make kratom illegal. It's taking money from their pockets.

I can think of AT LEAST one other natural, harmless and very beneficial plant that they had the same plans for almost a century ago....and look at the money, misery and ruined lives that has cost the Western world.

BP is evil all right...the sooner all pharma is done in house, and through Government employees working in government labs, the better off we'll all be.

Profit in healthcare is just begging for a diseased world.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Reason its called a $y$tem- Can't be permanently healing humans which they do in fact have the capability to do but it would mess the $y$tem up-

Silent weapons for Quiet Wars is accurate whether its an official document or not---same with the Secret Covenant.

Protocols Elders of Zion not so much- Why? Its Religious Programming of the MK variety which is highly emotionally charged at the DnA levels
edit on 21-3-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

www.cancerresearchuk.org...

The CimaVax vaccine is made up of two proteins, one of which is EGF. The vaccine works by stimulating the body’s immune response. It encourages the body to make antibodies that recognise and bind to EGF. This stops the EGF attaching to the receptors on cancer cells. So there is no signal telling the cancer cells to grow and divide. This slows the growth of the cancer.

yes its a vaccine. It has undergone phase 2 trials and shown promising results.

Guardasil is another cancer vaccine. It prevents cervical cancer (and is promising for oral-pharangeal cancers)

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Firstly, that's a big YES to your question. Big Pharma is more evil than you can possibly imagine. I worked a low level position in one of the big ones and even there, you can see the messed up things that they do. There are really so many and they control our society, our lives and our government more than any other corporation and far, FAR more than you think they do. They are also as unstoppable as big banks. To call them the world's largest drug cartel is an understatement.

I've been aware of the Cuban lung cancer vaccine for like 6 years now and have been passively watching the information about it. I would say this is the ONE main reason we are involving ourselves with Cuba again. And not only do our big pharma corps want this for themselves, but they want to bring it under their control and away from the public. We are currently "developing our own" vaccines (read - stealing the information) and once obtained, it will likely be put through the gauntlet of testing and research that will continue to keep it away from public use for years to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join