It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE upset over Michigan State who favored to win by 98%... Anybody fill out a bracket?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow. I had Michigan state winning the entire tournament, and I am very upset with them right now.

It is un-excusable that they lost to Middle Tennessee. Who even is that? Good for them atleast. Not good for my bracket.

www.sbnation.com...

Heading into Friday afternoon, the major topic of discussion surrounding the Michigan State Spartans was their status as a No. 2 seed who also happened to be one of the two top favorites to win the 2016 national championship. Now, the 2015-16 Spartans will forever be remembered for something far less envious: Being on the receiving end of the biggest upset in the history of the NCAA Tournament. It's a statement that seems hyperbolic until you dig into the minutiae of just how improbable Middle Tennessee State's 90-81 triumph was. A total of 13.02 million brackets were entered this year on ESPN.com, and 22.3 percent of them had Michigan State winning it all. The only team to receive more love from the American public was No. 1 overall seed Kansas, which got the top nod 25.0 percent of the time.

Michigan was favored to win 98% over Tennessee's 2%, and I bet the 2% came from coaching staff and players. Lol.

22.3% of the nation had them gong all the way. Let alone the amount of people who had them loosing the championship down to being in the elite 8.

Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

I filled one out. But now I can say ......what bracket? There are a lot of brackets that are shot this year. A lot of upsets. But then again its been one of them years for college basketball. No real dominant team or power house. Anything can happen.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This turny has been like the whole season, upsets all around.
Sorry about your bracket bro!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Unc wins the championship silly :p

Sadly I forgot to fill out a bracket.

But I would have Michigan going to elite 8 for sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There are going to be a whole lot of middle Tenn. shirts being bought up in Ann Arbor shortly.
A few years ago, for those who don't know, powerhouse football team at U of M got beat by Appalachia state. Lots of those t shirts showed up in east Lansing.

I bet they are printing them right now.

Kudos to the guys fro middle earth. I mean TN

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My ex went to App state that game was nuts! But then again app state won 3 championships in a row just not same division. Pretty sure that was the year they tore down the field goal posts and marched them up to the chancellors house. Ahh I miss being there ..

reply to: tinner07

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

a reply to: tinner07

I go to App state. I wasnt here for that crazy upset.

Much Much bigger upset then this was.

We just had our first bowl game this year...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07
Lol, didn't know that State did that after the loss to Appalachia. I do remember U of M losing to them tho.

State has been on top in that rivalry for a few years now too, so I am sure U of M is just itching to get what ever jabs they can get in.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Even when my team makes the post-season I don't do brackets, but the sound of anguish that swept my office when that result came around was truly epic.

It was like Obi Wan in Star Wars ... it was like millions of brackets suddenly cried out on anguish and were extinguished.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm glad I didn't fill out a bracket this year! It's like a a Game of Thrones episode lol

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I loved app state. Hope you are enjoying yourself.

I'm from chapel hill so unc all the way. That's my bracket let everyone else lose or win but unc wins it all lol.

Normally everywhere I worked had a bracket pool but not here so I forgot

top topics

join