It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kalamazoo, Michigan: driver blamed Uber app for shooting rampage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
During the evening hours on February 20th in Kalamazoo, Michigan, a man goes on a killing rampage throughout the city. None of the victims were related nor where they premeditated as targets. It was a complete random killing leaving many people, including his wife and children, asking "what happened"? The media has done a good job to keep the "mass shooting" on a low level of national observance. The local stations have picked it up and recently the sheriff has released some of the 911 calls along with what the killer said during police questioning.

Jason Dalton, age 45, told police that "the ride-sharing app took over his "mind and body" and made him carry out the rampage".

Dalton told police that earlier that Saturday when he opened up the Uber ride service app, a symbol, which he believed was the Eastern Star, popped up. Dalton said the symbol resembled a devil's head and "that's when all the problems started."

As crazy as this sounds he goes into more elaborate details of the incident:

"Dalton described the devil figure as a horned cow head or something like that and then it would give you an assignment and it would literally take over your whole body,"

"Dalton then told us that it feels like it is coming from the phone itself and he didn't know how to describe that," the report states. "...Dalton said that as he was sitting there with us, it was almost like artificial intelligence that can tap into your body."

From hearing of this shooting spree, to reading some of the updates, I nearly want to believe there is a higher force out there testing us. These incidents make me very curious of a few things.

1. 1.) How do we instill better mental assessment for people?
  2. 2.) How can people identify mental risks for themselves before things get out of control?
  3. 3.) What influences may have been put onto a person to trigger a mental event such as this?
  4. 4.) Could someone create AI at this level of control?

It is a strange X-Filesish story (X-Files: Season 2, Episode 3 "blood"). Regardless though it is tragic, yet scary. Who really is in control.....

Driver blamed Uber app for shooting rampage

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: plewis51
Jason Dalton, age 45, told police that "the ride-sharing app took over his "mind and body" and made him carry out the rampage".

I think I will go rob a bank and blame it on Instagram, 'Some baller had fat stacks on his feed and it took over my mind!'

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Those stars are not bringers of evil... It is the same as the swastica. Broken cross is actually a sign of peace ...

Why when there is something devil related people imediately think the same old simbols. Or maybe it will be more unbelievable if they say a smiling circle made them do it...

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: plewis51

Could someone create AI at this level of control?

Who really is in control.....

Pfft. Did you think we stopped with Polybius? The computer induction technique is easily used on anyone now. That's why all the phones have such high resolution and graphics processors.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I saw this story earlier, and I knew it would be on here quickly because of the mind control angle.

He does not have a history of mental illness. I'm not sure I believe that there were no mental issues...for a break this big, there had to be signs. If it is true, it makes things weirder.

I am still curious about the phonecall that a customer claims made him drive and act erratically. It suggests less that the app triggered something than a call.

I tend to believe anyone who murders in cold blood is crazy, but he is either crazy or working on that defense.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
wait a second... A horned cow? Giving asignments?

Hotline Miami anyone?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hey now, he could have easilly been hypnotised into those killings too and to not remmember.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BarefootInWinter
I saw this story earlier, and I knew it would be on here quickly because of the mind control angle.

He does not have a history of mental illness. I'm not sure I believe that there were no mental issues...for a break this big, there had to be signs. If it is true, it makes things weirder.

I am still curious about the phonecall that a customer claims made him drive and act erratically. It suggests less that the app triggered something than a call.

I tend to believe anyone who murders in cold blood is crazy, but he is either crazy or working on that defense.

I will agree with you about the phone call thing to. I actually forgot about that. To be a Uber passenger in between this maniacs killing spree. Wow. The passenger mentioned he even said something to the guy regarding "Did you hear about the shooting?".... Pretty crazy.

There is definitely another angle. Family troubles? Maybe affair issues? Maybe we will see the family sue Uber ....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: plewis51

I honestly can't believe some nut job hasn't blamed ATS for something. And I am, unfortunately, completely serious. With some of the whack job theories we've seen, I am surprised to see no one has claimed those as reason to go over the edge.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Last season on criminal minds they had an episode along the same lines with a ride share app and the driver killing clients. Makes ya wonder if the guy got some ideas from that.?

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So i use this site called Above Top Secret...

After 5 hours of reading conspiracy theories i found a patter and the message : "Kill John that lives next door."
Now i didnt want to do it but user : Satan666
messaged me and suddenly i lost control of my body. Next that i know i was over his dead body. ATS made me do it!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I honestly can't believe some nut job hasn't blamed ATS for something. And I am, unfortunately, completely serious. With some of the whack job theories we've seen, I am surprised to see no one has claimed those as reason to go over the edge.

Your right. With all the "end of world" and "government control" threads on ATS. It's crazy, just yesterday I lost an hour out of the day. Then I noticed chemtrails over my house! I didn't have control of my body for that 1 hour and don't remember a thing!

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well, obviously he got all of that from reading crazy, mind control, "targeted individual" conspiracy theories. Some people can't handle it. They start believing it and it breaks the mind. Schizophrenics and psychotics have got to stop being believed and taken seriously. It validates their paranoia and sends them off into manic, freak out land.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Not buying it, why not turn the phone off ?

new topics

top topics

join