It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mind-boggling' breast cancer therapy can make tumors ‘disappear’ in 11 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

A new breast cancer cure has reportedly made tumors vanish in 11 days, with UK medics describing the results as “staggering” and “unprecedented.”

“It was only when the pathologists were scratching around in the lab saying, “Where is the tumor?” that it became apparent there was no tumor at all,”

It also became evident that not only were tumors vanishing, but also an immune response was developed.

An advantage of the new treatment is that the two drugs cost about £1,500 (about $2,100) for an 11-day course.

Cancer charities have hailed the new cure, and emphasized that the results are “amazing,” making it possible for cancer patients to “avoid chemotherapy and its grueling side effects completely.”

Source

A new cancer treatment has been found that has been able to completely eradicate cancerous tumors for $2,100.
Not much else to say... We shall see how and if this progresses.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Well
It all sounds to good

Here is hoping its legit
This could be the best news in the medical industry for a long time

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It also became evident that not only were tumors vanishing, but also an immune response was developed.

That makes it exponentially more amazing -- and awesome!

“For others, their tumors may not shrink, but doctors will know either way very quickly, giving them the ability to rapidly decide on further treatment,” said Samia al Qadhi, chief executive at Breast Cancer Care, adding that although this was only an early study, it has “game-changing potential.”

Make that triple awesome. This is some great news!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Let's hope

Here's the link to Cancer Research UK.

This is the same research firm that put the immunotherapy treatment on human trial last week. We really could be on the cusp of cancer becoming a manageable disease like diabetes.
edit on 3/11/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sounds like amazing news. Could be a massive game changer and all it took was a tinkering in the treatment variables in the existing available treatments.
edit on 11-3-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This is amazing news if true! I really hope this turns into something. Great find, thank you for sharing.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The same site shows studies that prove the baking soda cure actually.

www.rt.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I was concerned about the site too but it's being reported by others. The Guardian and IFL is reporting it now too.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I was concerned about the site too but it's being reported by others. The Guardian and IFL is reporting it now too.

Basically what i am saying is the baking soda/molasses may be shown to work as their study related here talks about the PH and how it does kill cancer. I think people with high blood pressure need to look to other ph controls but you may be able to prevent or cure your own cancer with Ph alone.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Oh, I see. Cancer is at the moment, terrifying. It's natural to want there to be an easy way of having control over it, but for now there's no concrete way to control whether you get cancer or not or whether you survive it if you do.

Medical science is our best shot.
edit on 3/11/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
My question would be...will they ever let it go to market. Would be a really big blow to Pharma. Then Pharma could also buy them out raise the price to match chemo or bury it forever. Hate I have become so cynical but it is a threat to profits and we have been to this rodeo before.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'll believe it when I see it plastered all over the main stream media. How many times do we hear about cures or Medical Breakthroughs only for them to fade-off and never hearing about them again.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

That's great!

Except... Big pharma won't let it go anywhere. Some way, somehow they'll stop it.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Chloracetate can do it cheaper and I dare say probably more safely than this costly cure....

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
These two drugs have been around for a fairly long time and didn't seem to have any appreciable effect on the mortality rate for breast cancer. In the past, the combo has been typically been given after surgery. The new study gave the women the drug combo 2 weeks before surgery and that is the big news. It's only roughly 25% of women who respond positively to the drug therapy. Hopefully, they'll find combinations to help the other 75%.
Source

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I wish they would throw at least a little bit of science into the article. Perhaps they could discuss what these pills are designed to do to the body, or why they believe the combination shrinks tumors. Instead we get, "take a little of this, a little of that, and... presto, no more cancer." I'm all for effective cancer cures, but at this point, I'm nowhere near convinced.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Russian times is a tabloid paper. It prints all sorts of silly claims.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
My question would be...will they ever let it go to market. Would be a really big blow to Pharma. Then Pharma could also buy them out raise the price to match chemo or bury it forever. Hate I have become so cynical but it is a threat to profits and we have been to this rodeo before.

Who do you think makes the drugs they're using for this?
Walmart?

Novartis make Tykerb.
Herceptin is made by Genentech which is a member of the Roche corporation.
I would think that both of those are in the Big Pharma bracket.

Does that smash your hypothesis?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I'll believe it when I see it plastered all over the main stream media. How many times do we hear about cures or Medical Breakthroughs only for them to fade-off and never hearing about them again.

It was headline news on the BBC yesterday.
How mainstream do you want it to be?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
I wish they would throw at least a little bit of science into the article. Perhaps they could discuss what these pills are designed to do to the body, or why they believe the combination shrinks tumors. Instead we get, "take a little of this, a little of that, and... presto, no more cancer." I'm all for effective cancer cures, but at this point, I'm nowhere near convinced.

The study outcomes were presented as an abstract from this clinical trial
public.ukcrn.org.uk...

Here's a plain English description of the trial and it's basis
Cancer trial

As far as I can see the study is still in the "follow-up" stage so official results won't be published for a time yet.
Still, presenting the abstract before the official end shows the confidence they have in the results.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join