It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoy watching Bernie destroy Hillary in the Univision Democratic Debate 3/9/16, I know I did!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
a reply to: angeldoll
You keep repeating this as if it is a fact. Stop it! Here are the facts: Every seat in the House of Representatives is up for reelection in 2016. 34 Senate seats (10 Democrat, 24 Republican) are up for reelection in 2016. The fact of the matter is that the face of Congress could change every bit as much as the POTUS.

This.

The youth of this nation (and old) will have a chance to push back and end the deadlock in congress. We can bring good change this country desperately needs. This year and the next is crucial to the well-being of our society for the coming years. it is vital that we act as one and spread the word to make the necessary changes, which is not very hard considering social media, all we have to do is vote and do our part.
edit on 10-3-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

We've got our work cut out for us, no doubt. It's going to take a commitment of time and effort. We need to do our due diligence. We need to research our candidates. We need to go to town hall meetings. We need to write letters/emails. We need to stand up and ask the hard questions. We need to stand up and proclaim that the way things have been are no longer acceptable to us, and we will use our votes to communicate that clearly. We NEED to get involved more than we have been.

I am saying this to myself as much as to anyone else.

Oh, and for the record, I am 55 years young.
edit on 10-3-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
a reply to: Flatfish

On top of that, it appeared as if the Univision hosts had some kind of directive to not allow Bernie to speak for more than 30 seconds at a time without cutting him off and telling him he's out of time, while allowing Hillary to rant on endlessly.

I noticed that as well. More disturbingly was the end of the debate when one of the moderators asked a question about qualifications for Supreme Court appointees. Hillary gave a typical long winded answer and when Bernie went to respond it was suddenly time for a commercial break.

Yes there were good questions put forward by the Univision team but with regard to time management they were very lacking. Whether it was amateurish or something deeper is up to the viewer.

It makes sense that we are going to continue to see a myriad of strategies aimed at suppressing the movement that Sander's represents, but as we witnessed last night, it only serves in exposing them.

All of the media is so corrupt is it painful and has been painful to observe for many years. However now within this election cycle we are seeing exactly how corrupt it is. The difference between past election cycles and this one is that your average Joe is picking up on it.

Look at the ratings of the MSM, they are screwed! People are using the technological advancements that have been developed to share information and due to the corrupt nature of our society, forcing people to face their reality.

We are waking each other up and it only happens faster and faster as each day goes by!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

This.

The youth of this nation (and old) will have a chance to push back and end the deadlock in congress. We can bring good change this country desperately needs. This year and the next is crucial to the well-being of our society for the coming years. it is vital that we act as one and spread the word to make the necessary changes, which is not very hard considering social media, all we have to do is vote and do our part.

How right you are!

They try to tell us that kids these days are hopeless.

They implemented the worst education practices they could think of (common core) and the students are protesting it. They try to get them on speed or tranqs as young as possible. They give them entertainment to corrupt them. Yet the innovative spirit of our youth has barely begun to roar!

The truth is they are using the technology that has been developed and skyrocketing beyond control. You will not find this on the TV however the core of the youth movement is interested in one thing, creating a better world and it is theirs and ours to create!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

We've got our work cut out for us, no doubt. It's going to take a commitment of time and effort. We need to do our due diligence. We need to research our candidates. We need to go to town hall meetings. We need to write letters/emails. We need to stand up and ask the hard questions. We need to stand up and proclaim that the way things have been are no longer acceptable to us, and we will use our votes to communicate that clearly. We NEED to get involved more than we have been.

I am saying this to myself as much as to anyone else.

Oh, and for the record, I am 55 years young.

Exactly this right here!

This is one of the things that has impressed me about the sanders campaign, how simple it actually is these days.

All of his funding and support come from a mere click of the button and the donation of as much as you can. The youth have been a driving force and their parents are well aware of the corruption of politics, they have lived it.

The time has come to take our power back and to quote a line from V for vendetta-

"You can kill a man, but you cannot kill an idea"

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have to say it was really satisfying to see the epic trouncing Clinton received from Sanders in Miami.

It was truly high energy

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

The time has come for me to get some rest.

Thank you to everyone for contributing to this thread!

I look forward to reading through your brilliant thoughts when I can!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yessss. The getting involved is essential. We gotta talk to everyone we know. We gotta spread the Bern over the Internet. We gotta donate and we gotta volunteer. I don't have the funds to canvas outside my area but I've been phone banking like a maniac.

The phone banking is actually kind of huge. I don't know if this is an accurate figure but I heard from another phone bank soldier that we had 10,000 people phone banking Michigan on the day before the primary. From all over. There are quite a few foreign people who are phone banking actually because they want to help but can't vote or donate. I can't even imagine how many phone bankers we'll have after another week of this. Here's a pic of us the day before Michigan:

edit on 3/10/16 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

hey thanks for the post i missed the debate, keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yessss! He's got techies making him new toys all the time. Phone banking for him is as easy as turning on your computer. He's got multiple auto-dialers and you just sit and wait for the calls to start and follow a script if you want or talk to people if you're better at winging it. Then another techie made an app that lets you log in to another system with other people who are phone banking and it keeps track of how many calls we're all making and has a graphical interface that shows all the calls being made and to where. You can chat on it as well. There is BernieFriendFinder which allows anyone with FB to "face bank".

I would be very interested in reading something on all the systems and software that was invented just for this campaign. I might have to look into that.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

I'd advise you to perhaps try and swallow some of that snooty fatalism. People like you are heavy on the backs of those of us trying to get things done.

Not snooty when I say I don't eat my own vomit. I vomited out the need to be a part of placing x's in little boxes once every four years. I used to be like you, caring , striving, writing letters to my congressmen, lol…

if thats what you mean by "getting things done". I know its unpopular to poo poo the whole dog and pony show… the shadows in firelight on the cave wall seem to still have you enthralled and thats fine. But I been up top, stood in daylight, I would be remiss if I didn't at least try to re enter the cave and take some small effort to drag others up towards the cave entrance…

Sorry, not puffing up, not intending to ridicule or insult, please don't take it that way. One day you'll look back at all that struggle and see it too. I know because you wouldn't be involved at all if you didn't have a caring heart.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Is it really something we have seen time and time again though?

From where I am sitting, yah. I find it difficult to put into words so I'll let George do it for me.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I've been pooing the process for years. I've felt the despair and helplessness too. That's why this is different. He's not with them or a part of that process. He's standing in front of them and holding up two birds.

And he can't do it by himself. He's asking us to help him take the first step towards putting an end to this. And people are FINALLY listening. New Hampshire, Vermont, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Michigan, Kansas, Nebraska, Maine, Colorado, Democrats Abroad and half of Iowa and Massachusetts are all on board. 34 states left to go and the deep south is done voting.

I think he's got a good chance of taking most of the states next Tuesday. If the army works hard I think we'll even give her a run for her money in Florida. We'll see where it sits on Monday after we bust ass for 4 days.

I'm not saying it's a forgone conclusion. I'm saying we've NEVER been this close to actually being able to elect a REAL candidate. Its RIGHT THERE on the tips of our fingers. We've gotta convince people to take this rare opportunity. Not just say "why are you even trying? "

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Its like a whole new generation has arrived to plow the field of stone. I get that. What you don't realize is I go back a bit further than Reagan to Nixon, Kennedy…

I been subjected to the new hope and change from then. The Hippy counter culture, the struggle for civil rights, the anti war protests, Woodstock, etc. all represent another time and place of not playing along in a game thats obviously rigged.

Now its terrorism, back then communism, now its shooting wars in little conflicts just like back then it was vietnam, cambodia, laos. Now the police come out to bash heads in Occupy, just like they did in civil riots and antiwar protests, etc.

Now there is no counter culture, anti war movement, Black lives matter is marginalized, BLM is running over land owners, the endless war and debt cycle is the biggest ever, and what is the struggle… to elect another puppet?

Lots of luck. I can hear your head thumping repeatedly against their wall…

edit on 10-3-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

All that still didn't address what to do, specifically. Its alright, I don't have the answer either. Sorry for the off topic, ranting…

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Its like a whole new generation has arrived to plow the field of stone. I get that. What you don't realize is I go back a bit further than Reagan to Nixon, Kennedy…

Yep, these little rays of hope all fade away.

Change will only come from within the system if there is a reason and need.

The world is going Global. Its time to be realistic that America is no longer the self sustaining, geographically isolated country it once was.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The world is going Global. Its time to be realistic that America is no longer the self sustaining, geographically isolated country it once was.

Just saying, thats part of the problem. What some call isolation as though a negative is more like self determining and recognizing that international right in other countries. Our rights leave off where others begin.

We aren't 'isolated' if we set the example we are supposed to, not meddling and subverting others countries internal affairs, let alone conquering them militarily. Free Trade and good relations with all, entangling alliances with none.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

HRC suffered in Michigan for her pushing of trade policy, i.e globalization!

Please keep telling everyone HRC is a globalist, please keep it going!

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Lie in that bed of despair then. I'll get out of mine and give it a go whenever the opportunity presents itself.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join