It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OF KINGS AND PROPHETS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Of Kings and Prophets, just finished watching the first episode and what can I tell ya??..tis awesome I usually stay away from Biblical epics as they are usually corny but this is different, like Game of Thrones different or Spartacus Blood on the Sand different , gritty gory no magic so far a" plus "and most important to me the characters have enough moral ambiguity to make them realistic and interesting , it is not cable so don't expect butt nekidness or raw sex scenes, I like the casting for what people around Palestine might of looked like in 1000 B.C although ancient laventines spoke with Brit accents but I can live with that, other flicks of this type should take note.
The vid clip doesn't do it much justice imo.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Yeah, Saul, I guess it was talking in that English accent and so much of it in that low quiet kind of whisper almost. I could not follow much of the dialogue especially with all those ancient names and places giving me little context for the plot. So I gave it fifteen minutes and asked my wife if that was enough for her and she replied 'what took you so long'.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Ooooo...

Thanks for the heads up !

I forgot about this show starting soon... I've been waiting for it in the hopes that it will be a good one. I'm an addict for historical-ish type of shows/movies.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I promise you it will get better,but you have to be into sword and sandals type flicks with weird names.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Ooooo...

Thanks for the heads up !

I forgot about this show starting soon... I've been waiting for it in the hopes that it will be a good one. I'm an addict for historical-ish type of shows/movies.

Much obliged I think you'd love it.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Hello good folks!

I also saw this yesterday and wasnt too impressed. I usually like this kinda stuff.
The premise of the series is interesting, sure enough.
It didnt do it for me though, but I will give it a few more episodes before I make my mind up if I will
be following it. Sure any history buffs would enjoy this. (iam not a history buff)
also *tiny spoiler alert* ......I always thought Goliath was bigger

It will be interesting to see where this goes from here (or there)
(excuse my grammar, english is not my first language)

thanks.

new topics

top topics

join