It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penguin swims 5000 miles every year to visit his human bestie that rescued him years prior

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here are some good vibes for the day, I think I can share this and go to bed with a smile. This actually watered my eyes up a lil bit in that happy kind of way. Anyone that doubts animals feel love for humans who show them kindness has no heart them self.

It began in 2011, when retired bricklayer Joao Pereira de Souza, 71, rescued a South American Magellanic penguin on a fishing village island off Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
The animal was starving and covered in oil, but after Mr Pereira de Souza helped it recover, the two became best buddies.

The penguin, named Dindim by its friend, comes back to see him for eight months every year.

Link to article

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I had no idea that penguins swam distances like that at all. Surprising and uplifting!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Id be cool to know the whole story....does it just walk up to his door and peck after 4 months of Patagonia?

I fear for the little dude's safety having to swim that far in who knows what kind of conditions..

After hanging out 8 months with it..I dont know if Id be able to just let it just hop in the ocean and swim 5 thousand miles..

Nevertheless...cool story.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Not gonna lie.. ( sniffles ). Nope. Not gonna tear, not going to teeea..
Sweet story. Loyalty.
Thanks for sharing.

Now excuse me while I grab a tissue and call my mom. 👍

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What a touching story. Thank you for bringing it to us. Make you wonder at we humans who hunt large mammals without the realizations of their humanity and ability to bond and feel.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
animals defiantly feel love.

thanks for the read.
edit on 9-3-2016 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I love these kind of stories, here is one of my favorite ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Love it! I love animals. I lost my dog unexpectedly to heart failure this past summer. I haven't been able to convince myself to get another yet but I know likely in due time I will. I plan on going to the rescue this time and provide a nice home for a pup in need.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm bumping this. Just saw on the news. More of the word human, in humanity....

Great find/share rainbow; )

top topics

join