It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Organization of "Good Guy Gregs"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Towards the end of an exceptionally crap-filled day(I literally stepped in some first thing this morning while walking Bosco), when I wasn't looking for something uplifting, I stumbled upon this article on the Brigade:
thebrigade.com...

Home for Our Troops(HFOT) is a privately funded 501c nonprofit entity that builds mortgage-free homes for severely injured(multiple amputees, TBI victims and others) from Iraq and Afghanistan. Established in 2004, HFOT has built over 200 homes, most custom constructed to the vet's individual needs for ergonomics and functionality.

Some impressive facts of HFOT:

Since its inception in 2004, nearly 90 cents of every dollar donated to Homes for Our Troops has gone directly to their program services for Veterans. HFOT builds these homes where the Veteran chooses to live, and continues its relationship with the Veterans after home delivery to assist them with rebuilding their lives. Since its inception in 2004, nearly 90 cents of every dollar donated to Homes for Our Troops has gone directly to their program services for Veterans. HFOT builds these homes where the Veteran chooses to live, and continues its relationship with the Veterans after home delivery to assist them with rebuilding their lives.

Charity Navigator has awarded HFOT its highest evaluation of 4 Stars for five consecutive years, indicating that Homes for Our Troops outperforms most other charities in America. Charity Watch has awarded HFOT an A rating and included us on its list of Top-Rated Military & Veterans Charities.

The testimonials and new paths as motivational speakers and Vet suicide prevention activism were the clincher for me, and put things in perspective for me and my "crappy" day. I will say this: in a day dealing with an endless supply of Scumbag Steves, it was great to end it reading about a group of Good-Guy Gregs.
www.hfotusa.org...

edit on 3582016492016-03-06T01:36:49-06:0020160am490136 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm sure sooner or later the government or local police force will find some justification to tear down all these houses.

join