It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did it feel when you hit the airbag?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
a reply to: VoidHawk

Maybe thats why the bag seemed so soft, because your mind perceived your meeting with the bag as being very slow?

Now, this is an interesting thought. But, if so many people experience this slowing-down-of-time effect with the brain going into overdrive, shouldn't a lot of airbag encounters then be perceived in the same manner?

BT

I may not have explained very clearly, I'm good at that

In a later post you wrote...

In my case it was like .. car .. oh no.. BANG .. am I dead? And then the realisation of what had happened. But, when I tried to come to terms with what happened I realised that I had managed to take in a lot of information.

The slow motion that I spoke of.
In reality, the slow motion does not happen during the accident, it happens afterwards.

In extreme situations we record much more data than we normally would. The amount we record in those few milliseconds of danger, under normal circumstances, might take several seconds.

When we remember the event, our brain is working at normal speed, so playing back all that data takes a few seconds, even though it was collected in just a few milliseconds, hence, our perception of what happened seems like slow motion.

We did not see the event in slow motion, our brain is being fooled into thinking we did because of the amount of data collected.

edit on 5-3-2016 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Ah! Yes, that makes sense.

BT

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well, the suspense is unbearable by now...

Are you not going to elaborate?

BT
edit on 11-3-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join