It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to come together as a people and fix this.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I appreciate all the responses here, and frankly agree with them.

But what I really want to know, is how can we fix this!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

You ever see the ending to Escape from L.A.?
edit on 3-3-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I love your solution. You were absolutely right. And yes, it would have worked had people done this prior to what's happening now.

At this point, and I've been thinking about this heavily the last few minutes, there is one MINUTE chance left.

Impeachment of whomever takes office. It must happen practically immediately.
edit on 3-3-2016 by gottaknow because: bolded

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I think we've been doing that for quite a few years. Voter apathy is a silent protest, but it was ignored.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I appreciate all the responses here, and frankly agree with them.

But what I really want to know, is how can we fix this!!!

1) Disband Political Parties. Every Candidate Runs on their own platform
2) Political Donations are limited to Individuals Only and maximum limit of $1,000
3) Term limits and conflict of interest laws that bar someone in office from taking money for "foundations" or receiving sweetheart jobs after office or jobs / donations to their families. Very strong and prosecuted conflict of interest laws.
4) Prosecute corruption at all levels of government, especially at the local level with real estate deals.

Never happen though.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Did you read what Einstein was saying about military service..
bangordailynews.com...

He has been proven a century later to be correct. ..

Why then would you say you are the only one with a solution when you fail to see history has gjven us all the answers but like you we are all self indulging and seek self assurance.... you won't get that here because you have nothing to offer.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I think we've been doing that for quite a few years. Voter apathy is a silent protest, but it was ignored.

But we haven't held those we elect to the standards we expect. I think the lost feeling shared by many in this country would be shed if money and lobbyists were banned from politics. I still believe many don't view voting as a duty/responsibility in an effort to improve this country. Just my .02.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deistworld

I only stressed self-reliance.

And you don't see that as a solution?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Things only improve after they fail miserably in a situation like this.

You can educate them all day, expose the truth and they will nod and decree that they are now awakened. They see the light.

Then election time comes and we cant help ourselves. We get a chance to stick it to the opposition.

We are not united as a people. Start there,

We are not united in ideology, we lost our ethos along the way, start there

We can not be bothered to give an average joe a shot, start there

We can not be bothered to allow people to disagree. They become enemies, start there

Sadly, we are not ready to be free. For all our education and resources, mass communication and open and free forums in the real world, we are still what we are.

Servants looking for the best master.

No one wants to risk being alone. Risk being wrong, risk FOR THE SAKE OF ALL a loss.

We are not a people. We are a mess.

There is no fix. Keep your head down because they will sell you out for a loaf of bread. Maybe after they have suffered long enough their collective misery will motivate them to think differently. As of now, they may act differently now and again, but ALWAYS they think like they always do.

Raise strong kids, get security, get marketable skills, get power and survive. Your descendants will have a shot if you are smart. Your ancestors did that to get you here.

Keep on keeping. To hell with them all. They dont even want what you offer. Its not bad ass enough to make a movie out of.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
A democracy is a neutral leader pushing specific mandates that are voted for. I hear if one is ever invented, it will be #ing awesome.

edit on 3-3-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I do see it as a solution, I ask you and many others here ...can you truly be self sufficient and can you live off the grid in your area completely..

That is the only way forward for any human being and it is where you're government strikes as soon as you try to do so.

Freedom is a temporary feeling you get now and then.

The power structure has created an army of keyboard activists who should take this following segment as gospel.

Self-sufficiency is the greatest of all wealth

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Deistworld

who's talking about living off the grid?

I'm talking about feeding people instead of food stamps, I'm talking about sheltering people instead of government housing.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Charity?

You are talking about private charity? Thats the fix and is promoting self sufficiency?

That has NEVER worked beyond token offerings to justify the great wealth of the church and private robber barons.

LOL

edit on 3 3 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Charity?

You are talking about private charity? Thats the fix and is promoting self sufficiency?

that has NEVER worked beyond token offerings to justify the great wealth of the church and private robber barons.

LOL

Helping people to help themselves. Helping people instead of creating a generational dependence on government.

edit on 3-3-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Sounds EXACTLY like a welfare argument.

What candidate is supporting private charity over Government responsibility? I thought we are not supposed to worry about free loaders?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I guess I'm just an old-school liberal.

But I still believe we can help people instead of sending them to some government flack.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

What candidate is supporting private charity over Government responsibility? I thought we are not supposed to worry about free loaders?

I repeated that in case you missed it.

Old school liberal? Promoting PRIVATE charity?

no sir. You are not.

Maybe confused, but not an old school liberal. They made the mess that old school conservatives finished cluster Fing.

Your generation is a curse.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Not sure what you're trying to prove.

If you don't want to help people, then don't.

I'll still continue to.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

but the watchmen have been blowing their trumpets for decades, far too many people were having too much of a good time to take pause and listen. now that the barbarians are busting down you door, well, I don't know what to tell ya.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

you are flip flopping and making NO SENSE.

IS it PRIVATE charity you support or government charity?

Still no answer.

Yet this is indicative of the level of care to thought your generation gave. Hence our current mess MY generation and the younger ones are born too.

You wanted to go to school for free, got the government to subsidize it (like lots of crap just because), made schools rape our system with increasing costs since the public dole pays for it....book costs, tuition and so on ALL WENT sky high under your watch. Our debt, increased exportation of jobs, all of it under your watchful eyes.

You have helped enough. Please just find a rocking chair and STOP HELPING.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join