It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Man Who Doesn't Sleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

I heard about this guy. I can go AT MOST, 3 days and some change and still function on a basic level. Pushed farther and passed out. lol

He MUST sleep but doesnt realize it, since he is probably in a permanent state of delirium.

He probably just cant go through the physical motions for psychological reasons, but still sleeps physiologically.

I have slept with my eyes open. Its more of a meditative state that doesnt really count as being awake.

IMO, Its entirely a subconscious mind in control using the conscious mind as a reference for a controlled pseudo sleep state while functioning outside the minds workings.

Impressive none the less. He should be an astronaut.
edit on 3 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Reminds me of an article written about the sleep habits of Ellen Macarthur who sailed around the world solo in 2004/2005
Quote..The most tiring week of the race began on January 5 as she prepared to steer the B&Q around Cape Horn. Having been at sea for more than 40 days, her sleep dropped to an average of 3.9 hours a day, and on January 6, the records show MacArthur managed just 1.5 hours sleep in eight brief naps.

The entry in her race log the next day reads: "I am numb to tiredness as my veins are filled with adrenaline and fear. My brain is so active it cannot switch off at all." According to the sleep records, MacArthur was probably in her bunk as she rounded Cape Horn shortly after 7.30am on January 12.

www.theguardian.com...

I used to be a Firefighter, I had a bleeper to alert to any call from home during the evenings when on duty during the day.
I used to half sleep with my ears open so I could respond and be somewhat awake if required to drive or perform when needed..
edit on 4 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is probably the BEST evidence showing the reasons for sleep. This makes so much sense, please watch

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If one is really interested in becoming a physician an rather important criteria is if one can stay awake and focused for 72 hours. It is actually very important. As individuals who fail to cope with that kind of stress are told in a very serious way that perhaps they should not become Doctors.

Pretty much a standard in general for quite sometime under the circumstances.

edit on 4-3-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

In a literal sense this means a cardiac surgeon opening a patients chest and leg and successfully preforming a bypass procedure. Upon the patients heart after not having slept for 60 hours as the time the procedure begins.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs
I do think somthing like the iceman is possible on a small metabolising scale, but these huge achievements are way to far out of context.

We humans are not at the stage of using our energies the way Einstein once described, that thousands of years from now we would be only be a full energy controlled being.

Today it simply would damage our bodies to much I think.
If so one has to be an alien hybrid or biologically altered in some way.

Btw the iceman has been fully tested by science and they acknowledged that he can control his body temperature in small amounts.

edit on 0b11America/ChicagoSat, 05 Mar 2016 04:55:11 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 05 Mar 2016 04:55:11 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have a friend who hardly sleeps and he has lots of energy, but unfortunately suffers from memory problems because of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DerekJames

Yes I liked the video. But you need to know that human brain can adapt. And by adapting I mean he will do anything to survive. So it is possible that after a month or several months of no sleep brain will start to clean dump while awake.

This us not just theory but also a fact. There are many people out there and many in the history that were sleeping only few hours per day.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Few hours =/= none

Please show me documented fact, as you claimed it was, of people living with 0 hours of sleep for 30 years.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
These people are probably on high prescription aderol

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

2 hours per day for 5 years don't fascinate you?

Maybe you should try and stay awake for 1 night then you will see how badly sleep is needed. And by sleeping only few hours per day is amazing thing that some people achieved.

And this fact contradict with the study that says brain need to sleep to clean dump. And I repeat my self that I agree with that, yours and my brain need to sleep, my brain needs 9h sleep which is upper line of average sleep needed. Most people do 8, but there are people that do 2h.

I gave read this Vietnamese guy story long time ago. They tested him, he was not sleeping during the period if test. But just after a day or two of no sleep in human body you will see more than clear signs something is not right, but not on him.

So I believe the story and I have theory that thus guy have several wake micronaps, like when watching goats or walking home. Hus brain knows the path and he do it on autopilot while in the background he cleans the dump.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

People think of sleep as someone unconscious with eyes closed, breathing rhythmically, in prone position, and usually covered with a blanket.

But who's to say that you can't be asleep and yet appear to be awake?

I frequently 'sleep' by just sitting in an armchair for several hours. Eyes open, fully aware, but in a reduced state of stimulation, let's say. It's not as good as unconscious sleep but I think it is a form of sleep, because it enables me to function for far longer than when I don't do it.

This chap could be doing the same thing...and yeah, I could see that going on for years.

Impossible to say for certain unless you're wired up to an EEG.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

2 hours per day for 5 years don't fascinate you?

My best friend has had about 3 hours for 20 years ever since he hit his head as a teen. This man claimed 0.0 hours, no sleep at all. I find it unlikely.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Maybe you can tell us something about your friend. How he functions? Us he sometimes get delusional and lost?

How he sleep 3h. Is it in one batch or with naps?

I m not saying he don't sleep, I m saying Vietnamese guy sleeps awake while watching goats. So if he watch goats for 12h he could be sleeping 12h but with eyes open monitoring goats.

Same method was used in ww2.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Maybe you can tell us something about your friend. How he functions? Us he sometimes get delusional and lost?

How he sleep 3h. Is it in one batch or with naps?

I m not saying he don't sleep, I m saying Vietnamese guy sleeps awake while watching goats. So if he watch goats for 12h he could be sleeping 12h but with eyes open monitoring goats.

Same method was used in ww2.

That's not sleep.

My friend sleeps all at once, he has memory issues but no problems with energy. He works IT for IBM and is a top performer and is one of the only people in the world who knows how to run certain proprietary property IBM bought from another company. IBM has shipped a lot of the jobs to India, and tried to train them to do his job but they take 8 or 9 people 8-12 hours to do the work he does in 2-3 hours himself. So the lack of sleep does not impair his ability to perform, but if he stops, for instance to take a bathroom break, sometimes he struggles remembering where he left off, things like that. His memory is the biggest negative impact.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

How old is he?

How is his body? Is he fat or skinny. Lots of muscle?

Is he heaving health problems alot? Like flu or some digestive problems?

You don't need to answer if you don't like, but I was trying polyphasic sleep for long time and read and tested many things regarded to sleep. That why I m curious.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

How old is he?

How is his body? Is he fat or skinny. Lots of muscle?

Is he heaving health problems alot? Like flu or some digestive problems?

You don't need to answer if you don't like, but I was trying polyphasic sleep for long time and read and tested many things regarded to sleep. That why I m curious.

Upper 30's, skinny but fit.

He would not recommend 3 hours, he's done tons of sleep studies to get more, he just can't.
edit on 6-3-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join