It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Bigfoot Files: Alabama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Tal Branco's new book is FINALLY out. For those of you who aren't familiar with him, he's been steadily following up and researching reports for over thirty years in the southern USA.

Now before people "jump the shark", this isn't just a plug for his book. Lots of his reports were on Bobby Short's website (rip) and scattered about the internet altho not well known. For years Tal has been bringing awareness to this field in a very calm and practical manner you just don't find in the field of Bigfootery.

( like bigfootery even IS a legit field of anything, don't get me started about most of the morons out there!)

Talks practical approaches have helped literally hundreds of hunters and just plain ordinary folk in dealing with their local BF. No silly gifting, no foo-foo inter dimensional crap, just a solid knowledge of the critter and how to address it. Which BTW is what most folks who wish to remain private need. Not everyone wants to go public, and most don't.

So, that said, these are reports most of you won't have found before.

www.amazon.com...
edit on 2-3-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I've got a lot of family in Alabama, used to live there myself, still make frequent fishin trips all the time and this is the only Bigfoot I've ever come across...

edit on 2-3-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Nice truck

Just off the top of my head, lots of sightings in Clarke & Winston counties. Dunno if that's close enough to where you'd visit? Maybe google RFP and Tal Branco for more specific locations? Lot's of reports from hunting leases too.

edit on 2-3-2016 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Winston county is just north of where I live...just word of mouth, but yeah, folks talk of 'something' in the woods up there for sure....will use google a little and see what turns up.

(In fact, Winston county has a rather unique backstory regardless, for any interested.)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Thanks! and yes I'd be interested in the backstory.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
Winston county is just north of where I live...just word of mouth, but yeah, folks talk of 'something' in the woods up there for sure....will use google a little and see what turns up.

(In fact, Winston county has a rather unique backstory regardless, for any interested.)

There were encounters reported in northern Walker and Marion counties many years ago.

Two people, whom I know, reportedly were mauled and one disabled for life by "something" in these forests.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Thanks TinyMind!
I don't doubt you either. Too many folks have fallen into the "gentle giant" camp, now altho I don't believe fear-mongering is responsible behavior either, I try to stick to being practical.

Some reports are accidental run-in's, some are juvies kiting off (same as our young adults) but then occasionally you run into the odd bunch who are just meaner than weasel piss and have no use for humans. Some of the reports are people who purchased or leased property and it comes with "extra's".

Pretty much a crap-shoot out there.

It's not too hard to tell what you're going to run into behavior-wise if you look up old reports of BF in an area. Now some will say anecdotal stories and such are just as much bunkum as BF itself, but just like googling bear reports, hog prone area's it's just common sense if you are going hiking or hunting. Unexpected usually turns out badly.

Heck I'm at the point I'm looking at police reports of meth labs busted!!
The woods aren't as fun as they used to be.

new topics

top topics

join