It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A history of befuddlement, an outside view of American politics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
To begin, I'm a Canadian, so my view doesn't really matter. Within our own country I have found over the years that most people expect the politicians to either be, or become corrupt. Even folks who are happy that their candidate wins often become embittered by the policy choices that ensue.
But when it comes to American politics, there are so many people around the world who watch on, because the US has such a large influence on so many other countries, and there are so many people who feel utterly baffled by the things that go on there. I remember back in 2004 hearing an interview on cbc with an election official from either the state of Washington or Oregon, (sorry can't provide the Source due to time and memory,) wherein the official related that they had recently found that the contractor in charge of their computerized polling system, had served prison time for computer fraud. Not only that but the program system had built in backdoors that could only be accessed by the contractor's employees, not by any official, and that it was too late to replace the system due to time. This interview took place in July or August and I thought; "Ummm, you don't have some paper and pencils?"
Today, once again people around the world are watching on as this show seems to be turning into Trump vs. Clinton, and are asking themselves: " What the @#@+ is wrong with these people? " There is still some time left before you make your decision so hopefully things work out. But considering the corrupt backgrounds of both of these candidates, one can only wonder what is going on in the heads of their supporters.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

I've lived here 70 years and I am trying to figure that one out myself.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Only answer ....The only answer is maybe no more career politicians

We need a new Benevolent, perfect king.

edit on 1-3-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Nothing good has come from an election since I can remember.

I have a vote, I am using it.

There really isn't much "thought" that goes into deciding weather one prefers the soggy or crunchy side of a sh*t sandwich.

Does that make it clear?
edit on 1-3-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Figure out paragraphs, then I'll read your outside opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

Your viewpoint isn't a rarity, and many voters are left scratching their heads when it comes to this cycle's options. As in none. This election is one of the most disjointed and disturbing I can recall since 1980, the first time I was of age to vote. I'm not going to rehash all that is wrong with the leading candidates, suffice it to say the negatives outweigh the positives IMO.

What to do? I have no clue, but it feels no matter what the voters do, everyone loses. Like the election is in the hands of us poor schlubs anyway...

join