It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rat and fox meat disguised as ‘boneless chicken wings’ from China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
OK here we have a "report" that rat meat was (allegedly) found in an incoming container marked as chicken wings !!!

Snopes has written this off as "False" because they cite numerous hoax style stories coming from the source.

Well wait.

What if this true and somebody is throwing red herrings out to make people believe it can't be possible?

Supposedly this shipment came from China.

And here I thought rat was a delicacy ?

Article & Video

Snopes "False" claim

For the past years, China has been accused of producing and selling many fake products including food.

Just a few months back, the fake plastic rice from China made headlines warning the public of its dangers to the health of consumers. Factories and sellers have been closed down and caught, but the production of fake rice does not stop there.

When you think that you’ve seen all the fake food from China—think again. Yet another revelation of fake products from China has surfaced on the internet.

The Video: (posted May 2013)
CHINA FAKE meat scandal Crime ring busted after selling rat meat is mutton

Tea & Crumpets with your Caviar ?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sounds nasty ... but I've eaten worse and it tasted Great.

I take everything I see on Snopes with a grain of salt. One of the things that happens to you after hanging around these boards long enough.

S&F xuenchen

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess we have to really consider these articles, as well:

"Iowa: Woman cheated on husband with 12-foot boa constrictor"
"Woman sues for 12 million dollars after vaccine made her cat autistic"
"North Korea threatens to blow the whistle on US moon base"

Those are all headlines on the site this story originated from.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Somebody try to pass fox as chicken and its ewww, explorers club charge 500 for the experience of tasting fox and rich folks are all oh how exciting!! It taste like chicken!!!
edit on 29-2-2016 by Indigent because: I give up this tablet is stronger than me

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I guess we have to really consider these articles, as well:

"Iowa: Woman cheated on husband with 12-foot boa constrictor"
"Woman sues for 12 million dollars after vaccine made her cat autistic"
"North Korea threatens to blow the whistle on US moon base"

Those are all headlines on the site this story originated from.

But those kind of sites are perfect for controlled opposition and psy-ops.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's not true. World News Daily Report only publishes fake news. It's a fake news site. That said, it's the perfect thread topic for a guy with a Chinese username whose avatar image is a picture with a fox and a chicken.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Inquiring minds wanna know

Robin Trower

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Haha!

Best true story I heard was the cardboard filled dumplings.

But that was a street vendor.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Rat or not, I won't keep away from some chicken and broccoli.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I always say don't put anything in your mouth that comes from China...especially the food. People have to be nuts to trust "food" that comes from the Peoples Republic.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My wife is from China and says this has happened. They do things like this just to make money with no feelings for the recipients of such a deception. This doesn't happen very often. When they get caught in China they are either jailed or killed if people die from it , or if US officials threaten trade sanctions, like the rat poison baby formula event. What is worse and more dangerous than commie enforcers? Angry commie enforcers!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
rat, chicken, same difference. i have 4 chickens and really, chicken started seeming way less appetizing to me not because i can't bear the thought of eating a chicken, but because... chickens just aren't too appetizing looking while they are alive.

... i'd rather eat a rat.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Who would even eat a boneless chicken wing? What is the point of a boneless chicken wing? WTF is this world coming to where people would conceive of a boneless chicken wing!!!

Is it really a thing, a boneless chicken wing? Please, say it ain't so!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wanderlustqueen
rat, chicken, same difference. i have 4 chickens and really, chicken started seeming way less appetizing to me not because i can't bear the thought of eating a chicken, but because... chickens just aren't too appetizing looking while they are alive.

... i'd rather eat a rat.

HAHA That gave me one of those long lasting laughs

Thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Who would even eat a boneless chicken wing? What is the point of a boneless chicken wing? WTF is this world coming to where people would conceive of a boneless chicken wing!!!

It means mock chicken, also known as Rat.

And if visiting China, don't order pork without specifying chops or something, or you get the entire hog served on a gurney.

Okay that was exaggerated a bit. They do serve the whole thing in one piece though.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
It's not true. World News Daily Report only publishes fake news. It's a fake news site. That said, it's the perfect thread topic for a guy with a Chinese username whose avatar image is a picture with a fox and a chicken.

10/10 shut the thread down, it can't go anywhere but down from here.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Yeah there is such a thing.

Twist out the mid-joint bones, leaving the wing tip on.
Stuff with spicy sausage mix or veggies or any of my fabulous stuffings and close the end with a toothpick.
season and deep fry or bake.

Cold beers and a ball game.
They make great apps or kids dinner.
Haven't settled on a name yet.

errrr, I have been looking to china for the production.

I've been looking for a machine that will take the bones out without mangling the wing.
All done by hand now.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I find it funny that there is a Buffalo Wild Wing Ad right under the first post. Haha!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I wonder if fox and rat tastes like chicken , it must every thing else does , Except KFC .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join