It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School calls police because pupil visited UKIP website on class computer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hell I’m not a Kipper but this has pushed me to sympathies with them.

The very intention of the article originally published in the daily express Richard Dessmonds publication. Largest donor of ukip

Don't get hood winked by political propaganda

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Hell I’m not a Kipper but this has pushed me to sympathies with them.

The very intention of the article originally published in the daily express Richard Dessmonds publication. Largest donor of ukip

Don't get hood winked by political propaganda

BBC are publishing it too.

Sorry but I don’t care who published it. If its true then its a travesty.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok it's basically reporting a party political infomercial with the intention of getting people to shake their fist at the PC brigade and see UKIP as the saviours of sanity in our great land. UKIP playing the victim card in a paper their main donor owns. Just a bit fishy.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Borh the police and the school have confirmed this happend.

This is not a made up daily mail story.

Sorry but the PC crowd does need to be called out when BS like this happens.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It seems the UK is just as screwed up as the US in this respect. Amazing how a civilized society such as these can become such places of stupidity, so quickly.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

All sources are reporting the same thing

The incident allegedly happened at Wildern School in Hedge End, Southampton. The boy’s father, Mick, has told The Daily Express

So mick told the daily express and all other sources refer to micks telling the daily express.

I agree in calling out BS, not regurgitating a political party piece in the news paper.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That's the level of teachers we have in UK.

Jesus wept.

Total stupidity. I honestly thought it was not true but some further digging suggests it is.

EDIT Scrap that, it's nonsense.
edit on 27-2-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
this is racism and discrimination plain and simple. those teachers should be barred from teaching for life! pick on someone your own size next time instead of a helpless kid!
edit on 27-2-2016 by JourneymanWelder because: spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
i think if i recall i read he was also visiting the sites for groups like the EDL.

School staff called police when a pupil looked at a UKIP website and an English Defence League video in class.

Link

Now I do think this is taking things way to far but think about this from the teachers point of view.

They have a pupil who is looking up sites associated with right wing extremism one of those just happens to be the UKIP site (hence the outcry) so they can either report this or do nothing. If they do nothing and this kid turns up at school one day cutting up polish pupils and in the investigation that transpires it turns out that the school suspected his far right views but done nothing about it then we are looking at a whole different story. Or they can report it and if nothing comes of it so be it, as it turns out nothing happened, no real harm done other than UKIP getting some free publicity.

Now i am not saying that i agree with any of this only that i can see this from both sides. I also think the public shaming of the staff at this school is totally unfair, as a public we would have been calling for their jobs had they not acted and this boy went on to commit some horrible crimes. Also the school claim that they only called for advice and it was not their decision to pursue it. If people have a problem with this the anger should be towards the police and politicians who now seem to think spying on your neighbour and school boys is the way to prevent terrorism.

I would suspect that they called in the police because of him looking up EDL videos and it just so happened that he also looked up some UKIP stuff and everyone has just jumped on the UKIP part of the story.
edit on 27-2-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Education should be about teaching and learning, not punishment. IF the teacher really thought what he was doing was somehow morally reprehensible would it not have been better to sit the kid down to teach them why extremist views are wrong instead of over reacting and calling the police ?

What happens to children who's parents are UKIP supporters or worse, EDL or BNP supporters ? Are their parents now not allowed to pass on their political views to their offspring ?

If the answer is yes then all political AND religion views need to be off limits when it comes to parents rearing their children but of course the majority would be against these kind of rules so it only applies to what a government deems as potentially "extreme" and UKIP are not exactly what I would call extreme

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I see that UKIP actually has seats in the UK Parliament, as well as the EU Parliament. While they may hold extremist views, they appear to be a valid political party.

Do UKIP and the EDL make outright calls for violence against migrants and foreign nationals?

Was the young man making public statements in support of UKIP and the EDL?

According to the MSN source:

“We went into reception with the police officer and their first question to my son was ‘why are you a political activist for UKIP’? I asked 'why are you worried about the UKIP website' and they said, ‘well, we don’t think it’s right’.
That strikes me as a strange question to ask the kid just for looking at the website. Especially in the context of a class discussion concerning immigration.

While I don't like racism, I also don't care for the thought police. I have come to hate political correctness.

-dex

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm missing something. If UKIP is anti-Islamic immigration and all newscasts are peppered with tales of extremist Islamic terrorism, how the F do they figure this kid is likely a terrorist???

Sounds as if they've got the whole thing backwards to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They dont give a rats arse what that kid looked at!
What they care about is getting stories like this into the media, because it spreads fear!
Fear is how it works!

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
along with their rather strange refusal to acknowledge belgium as a country, here are a couple of nuggets from the ukip site that earned themselves flag notice,

Left-wing scum are all the same,
wanting to and our birthright to Romanian gypsies who beat their wives and children into begging and stealing money they can gamble with,
Muslim nutters who want to kill us and put us all under medieval Sharia law,
the same Africans who sold their Afro-Caribbean brothers into a slavery that Britain was the first to abolish.

Have you noticed that if you ­rearrange the letters in ‘illegal ­immigrants,’
and add just a few more letters, it spells,
‘Go home you free-loading, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, baby-making, non-English-speaking ********* and take those other hairy-faced, sandal-wearing, bomb-making, camel-riding, goat-******* raghead ******** with you.

fact based arguments kids should be using in school?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

This is exactly what I was thinking - I did reports on some terrible stuff back in the day. In 6th Grade I did a book report type thing on D-Day by Steven Ambrose. I Alta Vista'd a LOT of weird stuff.

I remember my Father telling me about one of his clients getting a visit from the FBI. The guy was really interested in terrorism (this was pre 9/11) and even though this was BACK in the day, somehow he got flagged (he thought it was the books he was buying). They ended up talking to him for a few hours, not because they were worried, but because the guy was apparently super interesting. My Old Man was a good judge of character and had a great BS detector, the story is questionable but I believe it. So that kind of thing makes sense to me, someone that's really interested in terrorism or is Googling bomb recipes (this was basically pre internet). A kid looking up a political party? Pffffftttttt.

You're completely right about wasting the cops time. F___ man where I live (OK, close to where I live, we have good cops) you can't get the cops to come unless you're being stabbed. You have to be BEING stabbed, if you WERE stabbed there are more important things going on.

This feels like a chain of ineptitude. Whoever alerted the IT guy, the IT guy, whoever thought what the IT guy found was worth reporting to the police...

You contact police for CRIMINAL activity. Not for potential "problematic" thoughts.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

So?

Yes UKIP are not exactly known for there trurh.

So what no are any of the other partys even your precious labour.

Calling police out and banning looking at any party website is wrong.
I despise labour but I respect the rights of people to vote for it and look at its material.

But I guess in your ideal libral land you would have political officers in schools to make sure kids dont think or look at anything you disagree with........
edit on 28-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Any British schoolchild finding themselves in this situation should very politely ask "Have you observed me to commit a breach of the peace?" Don't stop asking till you get an answer you're satisfied with. There's no need to take it any further than that. Once they've answered there's nothing else to say.

Don't sign anything. Don't say you are the legal fiction, i.e. registered name, that you use for commercial transactions. You aren't the legal fiction that you use for commercial transactions. And it isn't yours. The Registrar gave it to the Chancellor of the Exchequer who traded it to private bankers in exchange for loans of fiat currency subject to interest. Just because pretty well 100% of police are wrong on this matter doesn't mean you have to be wrong too. Saying the registered name is yours is fraud. It isn't yours. You just get to use it for all your slave credit transactions. Generous, aren't they.

If they claim you're mad say, "Oh, you're a psychiatrist as well?" Usually they say you're mad or so silly it's not worth their time. In other words they back out because they have no logical argument.

To maintain politeness with police it helps to picture the worst jobs they do. That soon brings a sober and respectful attitude while still allowing you to disagree with them and ignore their silly word games. If you come out of it respecting each others differences you can still work together when circumstances demand it.

edit on 28 2 2016 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Anything that veers away from the accepted political 'norm' seems to be labelled 'extremist' nowadays.

FFS, when I was that age I had a copy of The Anarchist Cookbook and all sorts of publications, (well before the days of the internet), most of which advocated what could be described as alternative or extremist views and action.

Guess what, I'm not a bomb wielding terrorist and probably never will be.

Pupils today aren't encouraged to seek out information on political ideologies - only those that support the current amoral, corrupt and out of date political system are allowed.
The National Curriculum encourages adherence to specific viewpoints and actively discourages independent and creative thought.

edit on 28/2/16 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When you pay teachers like crap, you're gonna get crap teachers.
edit on 1-3-2016 by reddragon2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015
When you pay teachers like crap, you're gonna get crap teachers.

Crap?

Starting you can get £24k a year that rises to £40k

Thats not crap compared to what most earn.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join