It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you watch the Libertarian Presidential Debates on Fox Business channel in march?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Will you watch the Libertarian Presidential Debates on Fox Business channel in march?

"John Stossel is reportedly planning to host a nationally-televised Libertarian Party presidential primary debate on his show on Fox Business Network"

"The Libertarian Party’s delegates will select its nominee at its national convention, which is set to take place on May 26-30 in Orlando, Florida."

www.targetliberty.com...

"At least two other candidates have already confirmed attendance at the debate, including Austin Petersen, former producer of Judge Andrew Napolitano’s show, “Freedom Watch,” and John McAfee, software pioneer and founder of the Cyber Party."

"The Gary Johnson 2016 campaign has confirmed with Fox Business’s Stossel that Gov. Johnson will be delighted to participate in a televised debate among Libertarian Party presidential candidates, hopefully in March."

Will you watch the first nationally televised libertarian debate?

edit on 27-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I really do like Stossel, maybe he should run himself at some point.

A recovering liberal who overcame a stutter to be a prime time host and libertarian advocate.

His devil's advocacy style works and he's even battled pro wrestlers!

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

They should fire(not reelect them) most of the congress and elect libertarians and minarchists.

That would help the american people greatly.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If I happen to have the tv on on and find it I certainly will. We need to get away from these 2 party candidates.

It shows, Trump winning the GOP, The best the GOP could produce is Cruz and Rubio...small time bad actors.

Bernie Sanders seems like a good candidate but would love some options.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Yeah more options for us to choose from.

The democrats have only 2 options. I mean...wow...just... wow.
edit on 27-2-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

They should fire(not reelect them) most of the congress and elect libertarians and minarchists.

That would help the american people greatly.

Bottom up displacement of statists is where the rubber meets the road, I agree.

The challenge for many will be to put their foundations where their mouths are and vote with their feet.

The only language states, counties and towns understand is tumble weeds.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The libertarians have to get on TV more often. The more often the better.

People need to hear a new message from the same old tired donkey-elephant musical chairs routine.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Only if they pass out Louisville Sluggers and let them beat each others brains out.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

I also really like his commentary but I have a hard time watching his show because I get so pissed off at the outright stupidity of the underpinnings of the topics he covers. It really makes you realize how many wrong turns we took to get to your currently effed up paradigm.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I completely agree with the above. I have to wonder though why more libertarian candidates are not popping up in local elections. You would think it would be the easier sell at the local level. I don't engage with the party at all so I don't know what their strategy is but this would seem like the best way to make a 3rd party viable.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

I completely agree with the above. I have to wonder though why more libertarian candidates are not popping up in local elections. You would think it would be the easier sell at the local level. I don't engage with the party at all so I don't know what their strategy is but this would seem like the best way to make a 3rd party viable.

I have thought about this extensively. I think moving income tax 'revenue' generation out to the states by forbidding federal income tax is the first step.

The immediate increase in state income taxes will make the difference between each state's income tax rate a real factor in deciding where to live and work. Right now, everybody gets hit with the federal income tax regardless of location so migration is discouraged or, at least, not as effective a tool to reduce the total income tax a citizen might be subjected to.

It could work and the transition could be managed since the overall budget wouldn't change during the decentralization. The employees will simply begin to report to state authorities instead of federal ones.
edit on 27-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

How much would we save if we removed the IRS,EPA,education department and obamacare?

What if the corporate tax rate was 0% instead of 39%?

What if there were no federal income taxes?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: greencmp

I also really like his commentary but I have a hard time watching his show because I get so pissed off at the outright stupidity of the underpinnings of the topics he covers. It really makes you realize how many wrong turns we took to get to your currently effed up paradigm.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

How much would we save if we removed the IRS,EPA,education department and obamacare?

What if the corporate tax rate was 0% instead of 39%?

What if there were no federal income taxes?

Initially, I am suggesting that we won't save anything. It would just be a bureaucratic realignment at first.

Once the powers were properly reallocated, each state would decide what should be further reallocated to counties and municipalities or to be completely removed.

It would take enough time (say 4 years) to get around the unviability of simply laying off the vast federal workforce in one fell swoop.

We also don't know what parts of the federal government are actually beneficial so we can avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

It's a plan, I think it's possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yeah you have to decentralize power down to the local district level.

Then remove corporate personhood also.

Then enforce the Logan act.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I was reminded recently of the Russian scholar that predicted the US breaking into 10(?) parts. I used to think that would be a horrible thing to happen but I was considering that it might actually be the only way for decentralization to take place and would lead to something resembling a libertarian minarchism in parts of the former country. Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yeah you have to decentralize power down to the local district level.

Then remove corporate personhood also.

Then enforce the Logan act.

Most of the rhetoric coming from the left about corporate personhood is disturbing given that the verdict was centered around the first amendment rights of media companies. A movie company in that case but, newspapers in the past.

They are actively working to remove the first amendment rights of journalists whether they realize it or not.

Thank Citizens United That You Can See ‘13 Hours’ This Weekend

Citizens United Wasn’t Really about Corporations as People

If you hadn’t heard this before, it is likely because Citizens United has been presented in the popular media as a case about the rights of corporations. Maybe in 2010, when the case was decided, you saw some opinion piece forwarded around Facebook that said “Today, the Supreme Court said corporations are people.” Certainly, you’ve heard talking points from Democratic politicians about the need to overturn Citizens United because of the dangerous new powers the court bestowed on Big Business.

In their lie, there is a kernel of truth. There was a corporation involved in the case: Citizens United, which claimed its film was protected speech under the First Amendment. But this is nothing new. As early as 1936, the Supreme Court had held that newspapers, although they were corporations, were entitled to the protection of the First Amendment (that case, Grosjean v. American Press Co., also involved a Democratic administration trying to silence unfavorable coverage).

The principle was reaffirmed many times since then. Much of the unfavorable coverage of the court’s decision was carried in media outlets owned by for-profit corporations. Many were newspapers that, like Citizens United, make explicit endorsements of candidates before every election and do so under the protection of the First Amendment.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I was reminded recently of the Russian scholar that predicted the US breaking into 10(?) parts. I used to think that would be a horrible thing to happen but I was considering that it might actually be the only way for decentralization to take place and would lead to something resembling a libertarian minarchism in parts of the former country. Thoughts?

I think we have a national military that is indivisible and indispensable not only to us but, to the free world.

I don't think we need to actually break up but, just return to the administrative decentralization that is outlined by our constitution. It's all there, we just need to follow it.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

There is no organization or real leadership in the Libertarian Party. As such, the motivation of its members is severely lacking, as are its financial resources.

You're right, the ideology is a far easier sell at the local level. But that means you, and only you, are doing the sell. All of the party's financial and human resources are allocated to larger state and federal elections (which they have little chance of winning), so Joe Libertarian running for city council (usually) isn't going to get jack squat in terms of support from the party. It's ironic (and damned short-sighted) that they spend the vast majority of their resources on unwinnable contests, whilst the winnable ones often go completely unsupported.

It's you, and your family and friends (who are sometimes even harder to persuade to help, and even less reliable). And that's just a whole lot of bulls# most people who identify as Libertarian simply don't have time for.

They're usually too busy working.
edit on 2/27/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

It's not easy at all for sure.

Those who don't have the wherewithal to take on city hall can pick up their belongings and jump ship.

Eventually, it will work. There will be great places to live which will expand and terrible places which will tank, just like the rest of the real world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join