It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Adult" Topics Forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I realize ATS tries to maintain a certain level of "decency". But instead of deleting threads that are a bit more adult oriented, like the one that was trashed minutes ago, maybe SO and Springer could create a forum under RATS with disclaimers, over 18 checks, and all the other legal stuff, that allows topics of such a nature. I don't see why these topics can't be discussed here with the same general guidelines, allowing for more mature content, but still keeping things on topic and civil.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Again you make perfect sense but I don't think we were being mature in that thread. I certainly wasn't. But then again we need that in our lives don't we? Plus the story was clearly not true.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

hear hear. i thought it was a bit of fun.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I agree, I took part in the mayhem. Sorry if I offended a few.
I went to a funeral yesterday, and that article was helpful to me and my dark humor.
Comedy has magical healing powers. I was rolling, especially after the artwork.

I think that an adult section w T&C's would be sweet, after all, there are quite a few adult grade stories going around, and any youngster could log on here and read them.

Heck, the mind warping topics on here probably need a disclaimer anyway.
Maybe a permit to rabbit hole, then if no wrecks, a full on license.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I understand the proprietors reasoning. I just think we should be able to discuss sensitive, but relatively serious topics that deal with that aspect of human experience. RATS doesn't come up in google searches, so it seems that would be the ideal forum, with checks in place to help keep the young ones out. I may be spitting in the wind, but it's worth bringing up.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Who wants to be an adult anyway. I am a sixty year old kid.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A good point well made Klass, I would post a lot in an adult section. Some aspects of the reason this forum was created are NSFW

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode
I think as long as anyone who goes into the adult forum knows the content is going to be oriented along those lines, it will do well.

Note that I'm talking about serious topics. Not topics that are a free for all to be offensive and overboard with the innuendo's or profanity. In other words, the T&C's would still be in play like they are any other forum. There have been a few topics I would have posted in the past, but they were too close to the edge for our regular forums, and like others, would probably have been trashed.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well, as it is already, not everyone can get into RATS.

well I can't anyways.
edit on 2-25-2016 by Squirlli because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I completely agree, chiildish replies to a serious topic are unnecessary. We can and should conduct ourselves in a way that promotes ATS. T&C's are there to ensure that.

In the thread mentioned earlier I pointed out that I felt the source was unreliable (I could have said that)

I hope ATS can make this happen, I have topics that would work well in an adult setting without it being reduced to juvenile levels.

We shall see

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What is RATS ?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I read the title and immediately thought, "Adults Topless Forum"!

Which told me 2 things.

One, I need new glasses

and

Two, I'm too immature to participate.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't approve of an adult forum. ATS should stick to decent content. Adult content would lower it in terms of respectability, which is one thing it is known for. Respectability, that is.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

Really Above Top Secret forum.

RATS

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: wildb

Really Above Top Secret forum.

RATS

Thanks,
edit on 25-2-2016 by wildb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
I don't approve of an adult forum. ATS should stick to decent content. Adult content would lower it in terms of respectability, which is one thing it is known for. Respectability, that is.

I think you're misunderstanding what the "adult" part refers to. I'm talking about news stories that are a little too much for the regular forums. I'm not talking about tutorials and a bunch of nonsense.

Still, how is it that anything mature or adult related in the U.S. is automatically relegated to the gutter? Why are we still stuck in a mindset of sex is dirty and evil, and we don't talk about THAT part of who we are as a species? What a crock of BS(Not aimed at you personally). This is exactly one of the reasons I'd like to see such a forum. The U.S. is so immature and repressed when it comes to human sexuality compared to our European counterparts. That's not saying they're super-liberal either, but they've got a bit of maturity on us.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I absolutely agree about the Europeans, but the continental ones. Brits? hmmm not so much, same anglosaxon hangups I am afraid.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I absolutely agree about the Europeans, but the continental ones. Brits? hmmm not so much, same anglosaxon hangups I am afraid.

True enough, but even the Brits aren't as hung up as we are in America.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Here here. Since when was sex not respectable?

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I, for one, wish TPTB here on ATS could loosen up and relax a little bit. Its great that yall have high standards and whatnot but a guy cant even crack a single joke about Peyton Mannings legacy being "tainted" without mods getting their panties in a bunch. Does ATS stand for Always Too Serious?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join