It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney suggests potential "bomb shell" in Trumps tax returns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Lol it was only a matter of time...

This election is brilliant

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

People don't care about fraudsters and evaders, especially rich fraudsters and evaders.
They only care that their taxes aren't going towards those less fortunate.

'murica, flock yeah...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Huh? Why would the Obama admin waste their time doing that?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

LOL! The best part of his tweets was "Sad but true".

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
In just picturing the millions of Americans sitting at home trying to decide whether they want to vote for Clinton or Trump or Sanders or Cruz... "I'll just wait till I see his tax return for 2015... Yeah that'll be the decider"

So funny when you really think and picture these arguments.

I think you are way wide of the point.

The fact you don't think it will be a problem is pretty irrelevant. The point is that a republican, Romney, is on the attack and doing the TV rounds to cast doubt on their own leading candidate. Whether it will work or not is another question, but amazes me that he would be shining a light on it right now.

I don't think it is irrelevant.

I don't take anything seriously that comes out of Mitt Romney's mouth.

He cannot even care for a pet properly...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You’re probably right.

Somewhere recently they’ve had some secret meeting, GOP big shots, and have probably come up with a plan to derail Trump and indeed this may be the harbinger of that effort

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Mitt Romney suggests potential "bomb shell" in Trumps tax returns

This is really amazing coming from Mitt Romney after his little failure to produce his own tax returns when he was running.

It’s not the first time Romney, the former chief executive of Bain Capital, a successful private equity firm, has performed a verbal do-si-do on stage with regards to this question. Last month, he told Chuck Todd of MSNBC, “I don’t intend to release the tax returns. I don’t.” But later, he was more equivocal, saying, “Time will tell,” and “I’ll keep that open,” and then suggesting that he “wouldn’t be opposed” to releasing the forms, “if that’s been the tradition.” Finally, he said he’d “probably” release them—but only maybe, and only if he becomes the nominee.

But now here is an interesting thing...

The thing is, Romney doesn’t have to release anything if he doesn’t want to. Legally, tax returns are private. Presidential hopefuls must only file a financial disclosure report to the Office of Government Ethics, and Romney did that (revealing, for the record, that he’s worth between $190 and $250 million buckaroos).

mentalfloss.com...

Pretty sure Mitt really isn't the guy to be calling someone out because of their taxes...I guess he has a short memory.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
why does he use the word bombshell when none of the 3 things that he mentioned are illegal? a bit of a drama queen mit Romney is, I would say.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So now they are attacking their own... Because he is not really "their own". Not part of the establishment. Polished and shined to become president.

I swear if you asked Ted Cruz what color the sky is he would have to refer to a pre planned answer written by somebody else.

The Republican debate Trump boycotted he got to stand in the middle, that was his day in the spotlight. Thanking the other candidates for being there,,, talking down to them it seemed to me.

He must be furious. Reminds me of Shooter Gavin in that Adam Sandler movie when he plays golf.

I just hope they don't make him a deal like he picks Cruz or Rubio for VP and then resigns.

My vote is for Bernie Sanders, if Hillary steals the nomination I vote Trump

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Pretty sure Mitt really isn't the guy to be calling someone out because of their taxes...I guess he has a short memory.

Actually it goes in-line with the GOP and Romney line of hypocrisy . The GOP and Romney started a war against Obamacare, but forgot that Romney was the first to implement Obamacare 1.0 .

Not that Obamacare is any good or the democrats are any less of hypocrite , but it shows how dumb fat and lazy the establishment has become that they don't even try any more.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Could the bombshell be a contribution to a left wing charity like planned parenthood?

It would be hysterical if he gave money to the Democratic party.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

I am pretty sure he has said he gave money to Hillary at one point. To buy favors as he put it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Could the bombshell be a contribution to a left wing charity like planned parenthood?

We already know he has given money to the Democratic party.
Planned Parenthood might be more of a problem...

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know..was Romney referring to a 11 year old tax return?
edit on 15-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Here's one of the news articles from that day.
www.politico.com...

Mitt Romney initiated a call to Fox News to share this supposed "bombshell" information. Didn't mention what tax year. I think he was just feeling hate for Trump. Unusual for a MoreMan.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

" The message is even stronger .. "we have good reason to believe there is a bombshell in trumps taxes" "

Yeah , The Bombshell being He Actually Pays Taxes , Unlike about Over 50 Percent of the Population in the United States . In 2005 , his Declared Income was 150 Million , he Payed 38 Million in Taxes that Year . I'd Fire his Accountant .
edit on 15-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

More than likely true..so much speculation or innuendo coming from all sides on so many issues, with no solid "gotcha" info..chairman Mao said sh#t or get off the pot..best thing he ever said, well that and kill all the bureaucrats.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" The message is even stronger .. "we have good reason to believe there is a bombshell in trumps taxes" "

Yeah , The Bombshell being He Actually Pays Taxes , Unlike about Over 50 Percent of the Population in the United States . In 2005 , his Declared Income was 150 Million , he Payed 38 Million in Taxes that Year . I'd Fire his Accountant .

The other thing from last night for Mittens to chew on is that Trump earned about as much in 1 year as he is worth from his whole life's efforts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join