It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Conversion Therapy Group Targeted In Historic Consumer Fraud Complaint

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I truly hope fraud is the least of their worries.

Many of these kids could suffer long lasting psychological problems due to their 'sexual realignment' and that could affect every facet of their lives and they will come to resent their parents which spawns another broken family.

We could reneducate the parents but that is grasping at straws as some will never change. I like the shaming method-if a parent treats their child like a toy then people should know about it.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yea, it really needs to be made clear that these places are not ok and it is not ok to send your children to them. If you can't love your child because he is gay, then you are a bad parent.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Maybe the religious rights should stop calling this "therapies" Gay conversion and instead go with the prayer for sexual orientation tag and nobody will be able to call it fraud.

Because is just a prayer.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

This is some interesting news. So one of those evil gay conversion therapy organizations has had a consumer fraud complaint filed against them with the US Government.

'evil gay conversion therapy organizations'

I guess we can expect an unbiased view from you. What about the 'evil abortion clinics' that kill babies or is 'evil' only used when you have a negative opinion of something.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So you either disagree with my assessment of the morality of these things or you are insistent on splitting hairs over my personal morality. Which is it?

One of those is worth talking about since it is on-topic, the other is a useless red herring since the conversation isn't about me.
edit on 24-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think if you want to actually present a article that can sway people and make a real argument for or against something you can't start out like a biased liberal nutjob.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It's to save their souls!!

Why bother trying to "save" someone else's when they clearly don't have one of their own? Let's be honest here -- people who support using psychological & occasional physical abuse and/or torture in conversion "therapy" possess nothing short of their own flavor of self-sanctioned evil.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So that means you agree with conversion therapy and I failed to convince you otherwise?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yea, it really needs to be made clear that these places are not ok and it is not ok to send your children to them. If you can't love your child because he is gay, then you are a bad human.

Fixed that for you. Just a small nitpick.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I totally agree with you, and I was stating 'their truth' - I think it's a lot of baloney, mental abuse, and stupidity.

Parents who do this should lose their parenting rights. Yes, I unabashedly state that parents require education in parenting and human development, or they are NOT FIT to be parents, and must be held accountable.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think if you want to actually present a article that can sway people and make a real argument for or against something you can't start out like a biased liberal nutjob.

I know crazy right? Those damn biased liberal nutjobs just cant seem to tolerate the physical & psychological torture of children, calling it evil is just so out there.

I guess they're just not "Good Americans" like the devout god fearing, freedom loving real Americans that would find the torture of children in the name of their god acceptable.

K~

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'm not allowed to say what I really think because I would most likely be banned.
I think what these individuals do to other pure humans solely for whom they chose to love.
Not about the physical or the mental but the spiritual.
I would like for them to be left alone with me for a week so that I can re-purpose their bodies
into fascinating artworks for the world to see.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

and it is all based on the discredited idea that homosexuality is a mental disorder.

Not that I don't agree with closing these clowns down, but it does bring up another interesting discussion and argument based on your sexual preference not being a mental disorder. Which I agree that your sexual preference is not a mental disorder.

However, if we agree along with the scientific community that your sexual preference is not a mental disorder and it can't be cured, then why are we not locking up forever or taking paedophiles directly to the electric chair?

Shouldn't they be going after the gov't for consumer fraud as well for releasing a paedophile under the claims that they have been rehabilitated or that its even possible to rehabilitate a paedophile ?

Its like telling a straight male to never have sex again with a female or a gay man to never have sex again with another man? Aren't we setting them up to fail at the cost of hurting another innocent persons life?

It will be interesting to see if such an argument would also be brought up against the criminal system in the future in the event they release a paedophile back to the society only for them to become a repeat offender?

edit on 05229America/ChicagoWed, 24 Feb 2016 23:05:25 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Well there are just some crimes that are just inexcusable. That is one of them. Some people are habitual stealers. They can't help it, but we still have to lock them up for it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Well there are just some crimes that are just inexcusable. That is one of them. Some people are habitual stealers. They can't help it, but we still have to lock them up for it.

Yeah thats kind of my point. We know that your sexual attraction is not something we can choose nor is it a mental disorder that can be cured. So why does society expect to cure Child molesters and release them back to society? At minimum they should be locked up for life.

However, Its equally ridiculous for these idiots to try to cure a homosexual as it is to expect that a paedophile can be cured.

I would be curious to find out how many of these people that believe that homosexuality can be cured would also believe that a paedophile can be cured?

I'm guessing their would be a large disconnect between the two frame of thought and their hypocrisy would be shown, as I'm sure many of them would be the first to say that you can't cure a paedophile.

edit on 19229America/ChicagoThu, 25 Feb 2016 08:19:13 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Well it really all comes back to our terrible understanding of how the human brain works as well as psychology in general. I'm sure as these sciences become more fleshed out, we can come up with more humane ways to go about these things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join