It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why bother voting? It's all rigged!"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I consider it a DUTY vote, many have died given us that right. However, the candidates are now chosen for us so it becomes moot.

One one side you have an egomaniac and the other a yet to be convicted felon.....what the *(^&*)( kind of choice is that?

I will vote, that way I can bitch but I will write my candidate in and verify with the election board.

IN 2004 I voted for W - don't regret it. Met the man and was not impressed but he was a decent President for the most part. He did respect the military unlike the '*(&)&)" we have now. You can tell a lot about a man by how he relinquished power and stayed out of Politics and Obama's way. I have relatives down his way and he seems to spend a lot of time with the troops. they LOVED him, today that is not the case with the existing CiC.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

It would make for a really great thread - add in a bit of an intro, some examples of possible scenarios and voila

I did google this question just for shiz n giggles though, and according to the search it says the legislators would just have to find another way to decide

AKA us peons would get screwed even still, it would probably be even easier for them actually

If, let's say, no one bothered to vote in the general election, then the states would be forced to decide another way to chose their electors. (There is nothing in the Constitution that says the states need to hold a popular election to chose electors, just that the legislatures must decide).

edit on 23-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Maybe you could start that thread

Hmm. So our voices dont matter. Not by law.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: thepixelgarden
What exactly would happen if not a single person voted for say, President of the USA?

I'd LOVE to know.

But you know the politicians would have some backdoor deals and cast their votes (or have their cronies cast their votes) so they still get the outcome they want

They always caste their vote as well. Then it would be up to the Electoral College to break the tie and basically vote in the President .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join