It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people and sleep paralysis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm sure this is a topic that has been posted before, but i like to revisit it and get others outlooks. My encounter with this phenomena is the reason i got into truth seeking. For those who never had an encounter this will sound crazy and you will probably label it as schizophrenia although i doubt this is the case. For those who do not know sleep paralysis occurs when the body gets stuck in between being asleep and waking up. In this state a person is aware of their surroundings, but is completely paralysis-ed. the reason for this is so that a person does not act out their dreams and hurt them self's.

approximately 6.2% of people have experienced sleep paralysis; doesn't sound like a lot but this is only the people who report it and if there is about 7.3 billion people in the world then there are 459,900,000 people who have experienced this at least.

now for the good stuff or scary rather lol. this experience is associated with an intensely terrifying presence in the room. Some people only feel the presence, but some can actually see a shadow person. A shadow person appears like a black silhouette of a person that is darker then the darkness in the room. they are reported to be tall or short with a hood or a hat, sometimes without. There are reports of seeing multiple shadow people or sometmes in shapes other then a person.

For the most part the victim is completely paralysis-ed with the entity standing over them. some times the being will choke, sit on a person chest, talk, or other forms of torment. one thing that the victims have in common is trauma usually occurring at childhood.

i have seen these being on several occasions through out my life and my experience they are fear eaters. they target people who have a lot of fear or sometimes if you are spiritually strong, come in your room scare the crap out of you get a meal, and leave. the more they visit you the more ability you should have to move or interact with them in your astral body( mediation may be a requirement for that) If you get aggressive with them they cower from my experience and will leave you alone. some people claim they make them leave by calling on religious idols like Jesus, but i never had a need for that. In short i think they are parasites that can only scare you and nothing else and once you know their secret they are powerless.

i will gladly go into detail of my experiences on request. I want to hear your experience , thoughts, and theories. please remain civil. thank you

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicSmack
I'm sure this is a topic that has been posted before, but i like to revisit it and get others outlooks. My encounter with this phenomena is the reason i got into truth seeking. For those who never had an encounter this will sound crazy and you will probably label it as schizophrenia although i doubt this is the case. For those who do not know sleep paralysis occurs when the body gets stuck in between being asleep and waking up. In this state a person is aware of their surroundings, but is completely paralysis-ed. the reason for this is so that a person does not act out their dreams and hurt them self's.

approximately 6.2% of people have experienced sleep paralysis; doesn't sound like a lot but this is only the people who report it and if there is about 7.3 billion people in the world then there are 459,900,000 people who have experienced this at least.

now for the good stuff or scary rather lol. this experience is associated with an intensely terrifying presence in the room. Some people only feel the presence, but some can actually see a shadow person. A shadow person appears like a black silhouette of a person that is darker then the darkness in the room. they are reported to be tall or short with a hood or a hat, sometimes without. There are reports of seeing multiple shadow people or sometmes in shapes other then a person.

For the most part the victim is completely paralysis-ed with the entity standing over them. some times the being will choke, sit on a person chest, talk, or other forms of torment. one thing that the victims have in common is trauma usually occurring at childhood.

i have seen these being on several occasions through out my life and my experience they are fear eaters. they target people who have a lot of fear or sometimes if you are spiritually strong, come in your room scare the crap out of you get a meal, and leave. the more they visit you the more ability you should have to move or interact with them in your astral body( mediation may be a requirement for that) If you get aggressive with them they cower from my experience and will leave you alone. some people claim they make them leave by calling on religious idols like Jesus, but i never had a need for that. In short i think they are parasites that can only scare you and nothing else and once you know their secret they are powerless.

i will gladly go into detail of my experiences on request. I want to hear your experience , thoughts, and theories. please remain civil. thank you

I used to get it a lot when I was younger from when I was a kid until I was about 20 or so. It's happened occasionally since then but usually only in the mornings if I wake up and try to go back to sleep.

When it happened I used to feel a presence of some kind and pressure on different places on my body, sometimes my chest, my back or my legs.

It scared me until I learned more about it then I would try to sustain the feeling when it happened because I learned it can lead to OOBE's. I never ended up having one and after I moved out of my moms place in with my girlfriend it basically just stopped. It's happened once or twice with her in the bed which id kind of a weird feeling. I remember trying to yell to her to wake me up. I felt like I was yelling and struggling as hard as I could but I wasn't making any noise.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicSmack

Sleep paralysis is one of the freakiest phenomena I've ever experienced in my life. Similarly to what dug88 has stated, I've had this occur more often in my childhood than I did in my late teens to early 20s. It still happens every once in a while, but still as freaky as ever.

I'm not sure how many people have had a similar experience but every time this happens, I can sense and sometimes see a black silhouetted figure. Immediately I assume, crap I must be in some kind of danger. So I began to shout, however I am completely mute while doing this and in most cases I end up going back to sleep or regaining control of my body.

Sometimes after this I wake up, like what I had just experienced was some sort of reoccurring nightmare.
I wouldn't necessarily goes as far as saying that these black silhouetted figures are actual entities, more than likely they're made from shapes that the mind generates and associates with a human like figure due to the lack of light.

Edit; Could you share your experience? Have you ever attempted to communicate with these silhouetted figures?

edit on 22-2-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: Questions

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's terrifying, I used to get it a lot and still do occasionally but the shadows that look like people were a rare occurrence. I don't know if I was dreaming that I was awake or if I was awake and dreaming but I remember praying in my head a few times and eventually I'd be able to start moving my fingers, not religious at all though. I'd put it down to focusing concentration on something enough to kickstart your conscious mind and take control back but it seemed to work.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I think some of them have something to do with some kind of electrical pollution, you see, i have moved once a year, for almost ten years, and i had the worst experiences, when i was living next to a power plant, and even closer to these huge power lines.

In that place, the shadow creatures got more colours and detail, one i remember pretty well,
i suddenly woke up, and this monitor the size of a basketball was hovering next to me, it was pretty much round shaped ball, with a big screen in the middle, and it had some kind of "wings" that were slowly going up and down.

I am so glad i dont live in there anymore, you could literally feel the electricity in the air.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

In this state a person is aware of their surroundings, but is completely paralysis-ed. the reason for this is so that a person does not act out their dreams and hurt them self's.

I just beg to differ a little bit. When I'm trying to move in my dreams and I can't, I wake up and the dream spell is broken.

If however, I wake up and something unseen is holding me down, thats different.

People that have this experience know what I'm talking about. People that don't have this experience can only assume that all these experiences are simply dreaming.

Thats why they call it "Sleep Paralysis", instead of assault.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I had sleep paralysis once many years ago, I recall opening my eyes in the morning (I was sleeping sideways) and heard my brother on the other room using his computer and I freaked out because I could not move at all just my eyes and of course I could think. After that I cant remember much more other than total darkness and hearing my name called many times but I remember being very afraid then I opened my eyes and was able to move. Not a nice experience at all...
edit on 22-2-2016 by nito92 because: Small fix

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I had one occurrence of sleep paralysis many many years ago. It fits the description of the OP quite perfectly. I "woke" but couldn't move and there was a large mass of black hovering next to my bed. I tried to turn to look at it but couldn't...could only make it out in my peripherals...however, my particular event is linked to psychoactive drugs...sooooo...yeah

I also recall an inaudible message... something along the lines of "are you ready to die now?"...

A2D
edit on 22-2-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have had SP events since my 30's (I'm now 58). Initially, I thought I was either (a) going crazy, (b) had opened some sort of "door" to extreme peril or (c) wondered if I was experiencing an alien invasion.

In my 30's I read a book by Robert Monroe, entitled "Journeys Out Of The Body. I picked up this book hoping it would explain some of my unexplained experiences relating to sleep and flying. It did. In fact, my experiences were completely consistent with what he wrote about, such as feeling an electric rush that traveled up my body and then down again. I eventually came to call my experiences "electric dreams". I began a process of trying to incite or further my OOB experiences. They were sucessful. Some of them were frightening. I also wasn't able to turn the process off, and believe to this day that something in that process made me more open to sleep paralysis. Science doesn't support that last statement. I understand. I also believe that if I were a more evolved individual, that none of it would scare me, that the fright resonates from core fears being challenged.

I continue to have occasional SP events. My Bride has awakened my often enough that I am now convinced that no ETs are involved. She sees me twitch a little and hears me make odd, frightened vocalizations and she wakes me up.

Sometimes I can wait, while I perceive strangeness go on around me, and I eventually waken on my own. Sometimes it is akin to what I think of as lucid dreaming, in that I am in a dream, and yet my eyes are partially open, and I'm aware of my real surroundings, overlaid by dream images. It no longer scares the crap out of me, which is evidence that people can get used to almost anything. I have tried to go with the events to see where they lead. I have not "flown" for several years, and not sure I want to. I still think the two things are related somehow. I still hope to evolve or learn enough to make it useful, or at least make it make sense.

Thanks for the thread. While we've had similar threads over the years, it is an ongoing event for some, and maybe, just maybe, there will be useful information that somebody can benefit from.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i had it last year a few times and at first i was freaked out but the more i had it then i realised i could actually control what was going on,once you learn to control it it,s actually quite a rush,i did post about this at some point last year .

only downside is when i realized what was going on and i learned to stop being scared of it. Is when i actaually stopped experin it.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yea its deff not a good feeling, sounds like the home you where living in was the cause, or maybe your engery has gotten better b/c of you girlfriend.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I think some of them have something to do with some kind of electrical pollution....

I am so glad i dont live in there anymore, you could literally feel the electricity in the air.

This is really interesting to read. I had unmistakable sleep paralysis only once in my life many years ago. I was sleeping in a tent at Glastonbury festival right below high voltage cables (the big ones). The humming and crackling kept me awake, the air was very damp and misty.

Fortunately, there were no shadow people and that's a good thing because I was freaking out about the experience plenty enough.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have episodes of sleep paralysis on average about once or twice every three months. They are hands down the most terrifying things that I have ever experienced. I know people always say this and it's cliche, but if you've never experienced it first hand you honestly just can't understand how horrifying it actually is. When it happens to me I'm completly paralyzed and can't speak, but I can still move my eyes and it feels like my whole body is gently buzzing.
There's always the same figure standing at my feet or beside me...a man-shaped faceless entity in an Indiana Jones style hat for some odd reason (I don't know how I know it's a man, I just KNOW). It's hard to describe what he appears to be made of, but I'll try...You know the smog monster guy in that cartoon Ferngully?...Kind of like that. Like an oily smoke made almost solid...Like if you were to touch it, your hand would go through it with a little pressure and it would have the consistancy of a thick syrup, but you wouldn't really be able to feel it on your skin like you can't feel a smoke cloud. That's the best I can describe it lol.
As soon as I lay eyes on him it's like he feels it and suddenly realizes I'm there...almost like he's suprised that I can see him. He takes a single step forward and looks me in the eyes at the same time. He's faceless, so I can't describe how I know he's looking in my eyes, I guess it's the same way he knows I see him... but I just KNOW. As soon as our eyes meet I get the most pants sh*****g and instant sense of absolute terror and utter helplessness you could possibly imagine and the buzzing gets so strong it's almost painful. He doesn't get any closer or move or speak or do anything particularly threatening. He just stares at me, but that's all it takes for me to know that I'm insignificant to him and 100% at his mercy. It's like your so consumed by terror that you've forgotten all emotions except fear and you're certain you'll never feel anything but fear ever again. I'm never certain how long this goes on, but I can promise you it feels like an eternity. I can never quite put my finger on when it happens, but suddenly it's over as quick as it began...just...*POOF*...No more paralysis...No more fear...No more entity...Just like that...Not even a lingering sense of apprehension. It's like nothing ever happened. It sounds crazy saying this after all the emphasis I put on how scary it is, but it really doesn't leave too lasting of an empression. To me that's really the strangest part.
I don't pretend to know what these "Shadow People" things are...demons, spirits, aliens, extra-dimensional entities, or something else we have no name for, but I know they're a real thing and deserve to be looked into. Anyway, that sums up my experiences with them. If you want to know more don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to reading more of your experiences too, so keep em coming.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Wow, so many people have had these experiences. It must be horrifying. What the hell causes this anyway?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Yea i have had the same exact experience. waking up to the figure over my bed and not being able to move. i used to think it was just a dream until it started to happen more often, there was a point where it was ever night and i thought i was going crazy. I started mediation and doing research on them, i used to think they where aliens.

they trigger my fight or flight response, i grew up in the bronx and was taught always fight and i heard people on the internet saying reclaim your space, so as soon as i felt the presence i would lunge up (i believe in my astral body) to fight them, but would get stuck siting up they would make mocking like motions like they where laughing. I then saw a weird shadow ball in the Corner of my room with tendrils like spiderwebs that covered the room that was chased away by orbs (i am aware this sounds nutz lol) the next night i felt the presence and lunged up with a rawr and screamed "leave me alone!" (there was no words i feel this was a telepathic interaction) , but this time i almost got it. It actually cowered like it was afraid of me, but i was pushed back into my bed and then it mocked me and i heard it say back "fearsome"

the next night it appeared as a smaller shadow person, but this time it smiled and held its hand out like it wanted me to accepted it. I had no fear this time and was like "oh its you" and ignored it and went back into my body it frowned and seemed disappointed. never seen it since then, but i do get sleep paralysis but no entity. i use them to try to get out of my body. i have a few times and walked around my room; i even got out side once.

my theory is that it eats fear, then goes into some kind of cocoon (the weird shadow ball) where it transforms into a stronger being and tries to attempt a perfect possession with its host which i rejected. I am aware this sounds crazy lol

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Never had the experience but whilst in Venezuela I saw lots of religious shrines dotted around the place anyway I was diving off the Isla de cubaqua and went on the island for lunch. on the island was another shrine so we went in to have a look, inside was the usual stuff crucifix statues of the Virgin Mary and another statue about 12 inches of a man dressed in a black suit wearing a hat I had seen the same figure in other shrines. Anyway I was introduced to a family who lived nearby and used the shrine and asked about the figure, they told me it represented a dark figure sometimes seen stood beside them by people on their deathbeds who later recovered. Never thought anymore of it till I read this thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tinimark

I have heard this before about it being related to electromagnetism or something. They have been spotted by awake people by how lines and cell towers (things like that) i used to sleep with the tv on and it would repel them, although it is only a temporary fix, as apparently they gain immunity to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

yea i kind of miss the experience i want to study them lol. i encountered an entity once during an OBE while mediating ill do a separate threat about that soon.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

My theory is inter-dimensional entities who eat fear, they target people who have trauma at a young age. I also believe they some times target the spiritedly strong and try to discourage people who try to get out of their body, but i guess no one really knows.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I think some of them have something to do with some kind of electrical pollution, you see, i have moved once a year, for almost ten years, and i had the worst experiences, when i was living next to a power plant, and even closer to these huge power lines.

In that place, the shadow creatures got more colours and detail, one i remember pretty well,
i suddenly woke up, and this monitor the size of a basketball was hovering next to me, it was pretty much round shaped ball, with a big screen in the middle, and it had some kind of "wings" that were slowly going up and down.

Something like this (JVC Video Sphere Television)?

p2.liveauctioneers.com...

Or a Keracolor Sphere TV?
modculture.typepad.com...

I can certainly believe the theory about either magnetic fields (or electric fields).

I was living in a warehouse converted into modern apartments. My apartment was split level with a bedroom and mezzanine study area. My room only had a mattress. One morning when I was lying on the mattress I had the feeling of something being next to me, so having just bought a smartphone and discovered the magnetometer, I started playing ghosthunter. To my surprise I detected a field strength of around 2000 nanoTesla centred on a single point, but there just wasn't anything there. Regardless of orientation of my phone it was still there. Then it disappeared. I found "it" again, floating beside the window (I'm guessing it must be something physical otherwise it could have gone through the window). Managed to pick up the field strength again. Around 2000 nanoTesla at 20cm distance. Could detect it vertically, horizontally and sideways.

So it makes me wonder... could fragments of neodynium magnets form into dust?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join