It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tools of the Dictator----Fear, A Scapegoat, Intimidation and Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Donald Trump has just won the South Carolina primary and is marching quickly toward the Republican Party nomination for president of the United States. The question is how and why can a racist zenophobic megalomaniac and supreme demagogue have such broad appeal to the American electorate when our friends in Canada and Europe know him for exactly what he is?

The reason lies in the present environment that exists in our country. People are afraid they will lose their jobs to immigrants, and are angry at the political establishment which they blame for wage stagnation, and under employment. People are also in fear of terrorism and disgusted with President Obama's tepid and ineffective response to the threat of Isis and his refusal to deal with the problem of illegal and potentially dangerous immigrants from Syria and from areas south of the border pouring into the United States.

The basic tools of the dictator are well known: Fear, intimidation, scapegoating, and grand promises of change and a better future. We saw Adolph Hitler promise the German people that he would make them proud again after World War One. He gave them someone to blame for their economic problems, unemployment, and sense of hopelessness by telling them it was the Jews who were responsible for all of their problems, and he promised he would make Germany great again so the people there could raise their heads and be proud to be Germans.

Similar disgust among Americans today with the status quo and relatively poor economic circumstances have allowed Donald Trump to promise a solution to all of the nation's problems by simplistically focusing on the immigration issues and the terrorist threat as the source of all of our difficulties today. And Sir Donald has time and again used insults and intimidation as weapons against reporters and journalists to avoid answering tough questions when they are posed to him so as to hide his ignorance and lack of any real concrete policy proposals on how to address America's problems other than by building a wall at the Mexican border and denying entry into our the country to the very Sunni Muslims we need to help us form a coalition against Isis so necessary to defeat them.

So Sir Donald has his scapegoat and has utilized fear to attract thousands of votes to support his drive to the Presidency. Americans fear that illegal immigrants will cause them to lose their jobs and we are all afraid that there will soon be attacks by Isis right here on our home turf. And his ability to intimidate those who oppose him has been well documented. This racist bigot has made the powerful promise to make America great again and has convinced many folks that he can do it.

President Obama has helped create the atmosphere for a Donald Trump to emerge with his tendency to see America as the reason for the world's problems rather than a solution to same, and he has been one of the most ineffective presidents in American history, often causing people to wonder just whose side he is really on. Trump has promised to lead where Obama only leads from behind and therefore Obama has played right into the hands of a candidate like Trump.

Hopefully the American people will recognize sooner rather than later that Donald Trump is a potential extreme right wing fascist dictator who will trample our right to freedom of speech and assembly and change the face of our land to the extent that we will no longer be the nation admired as a beacon of freedom, and the best hope for world peace on the face of the Earth!
edit on 21-2-2016 by kendix1960 because: Corrected some improperly placed words and spelling error.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So, I'm guessing...

You "Don't Want To Make America Great Again" ?

America bought Barry's "Hope and Change" Bullsh!t.

So, there is precedent.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

If you studied anything of Hitlers rise to power and the parallels between the global/financial climate post World War 1 and the global/financial climate of today you can see the eerie similarities.

And we're not the only ones to see the similarity

Donald Trump reminds Holocaust survivors of Adolf Hitler

Who said it: Donald Trump or Adolf Hitler?

Perhaps it's all part the "plan" that we've been socially engineered in this way in order to allow all these conditions to arise in order for a new world war
edit on 21/2/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what the American people think or vote.

1- it's rigged.

2- look at DT's connections and past life. He's well in with the elites. He's a puppet. Look at his old friends, his old quotes. He's a deviant. As are the elites who make the decisions.

My question is... Do you think he has a Mossad connection?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
1) Why the constant comparison to "Hitler"?

2) Trump has actually not driven 'fear' as much as much as the average candidate. If you listen to his speeches and interviews he just throws his vague thoughts out. He's not that bright, but to say he's a fearmonger is a stretch. Listen to a Bernie Sanders speech sometime. Buzzwords and fear too. It's politicking.

3) People are tired of Illegal Immigration, across the board, in BOTH parties. Saying you want a solution for it isn't fear mongering, it's reality.

As far as people promising to 'change' things. I think every single leader, King, president, Monarch...since the beginning of time has done so.

Do you expect a politician to say "Hey guys...I'm gonna keep everything the same...sound good?"
edit on 21-2-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960
The question is how and why can a racist zenophobic megalomaniac and supreme demagogue have such broad appeal to the American electorate when our friends in Canada and Europe know him for exactly what he is?

Easy.

Promise people free stuff. Promise to be open and transparent. Promise to cut the debt. Promise government accountability. Promise to bring the troops home. Etc.

Basically, just lie your @** off like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When trump says make America great again. What decade is he referring too?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
When trump says make America great again. What decade is he referring too?

Any time before 1492.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

1776-1950s

Maybe some parts of the 1980s and 1990s.

Now? Not so great.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Donald Trump has just won the South Carolina primary and is marching quickly toward the Republican Party nomination for president of the United States. The question is how and why can a racist zenophobic megalomaniac and supreme demagogue have such broad appeal to the American electorate when our friends in Canada and Europe know him for exactly what he is?

Same way a race card playing narcissistic community organizer gifted deceiver can win broad appeal on the promise of real change in the aftermath of the Bush presidency.

Just playing from the other side of the coin.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

1776-1950s

Now? Not so great.

Is that reply satire? Because those first dates are basically when the America exploited black people and forced them into slavery.

I hope to god you are joking.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

1776-1950s

Now? Not so great.

Is that reply satire? Because those first dates are basically when the America exploited black people and forced them into slavery.

I hope to god you are joking.

You sound fun at parties.

Yes, slavery was the bad part. Other than that...good stuff.

Thanks for bumming me out.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

List the "good stuff"... I'm more than willing to listen.

You'd like my parties.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So, you're not happy because The Donald won't roll over and play dead when the far left, the far right or you call him names. I sincerely hope you are not an illegal immigrant when Trump becomes president...

You stirred the pot, no seasoning?
edit on 21-2-2016 by NightFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Okay, here....1890 through 1955.

Does that pin it down?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't live in the USA and honest to God wonder what so many Americans see in him. I get that some like having an outlet for their frustrations in the form of Trump's rhetorics, but why would anyone seriously see him as a potential, viable president? If you must, let him be a radio talk show host or something, but not the president of all US people if he seemingly doesn't even want to represent all American people.

To me it's mystifying, but I guess we'll see how it all unravels...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Trump is calling out all the dog crap that the regular politicians keeps throwing at everybody.

No wonder he gets criticized.

And with Bush out and Bernie popular, seems the big money campaigns are not as influential as people think.

link   

originally posted by: ExoticSpaceTiger
I don't live in the USA and honest to God wonder what so many Americans see in him. I get that some like having an outlet for their frustrations in the form of Trump's rhetorics, but why would anyone seriously see him as a potential, viable president? If you must, let him be a radio talk show host or something, but not the president of all US people if he seemingly doesn't even want to represent all American people.

To me it's mystifying, but I guess we'll see how it all unravels...

I think Trump is completely loonballs, and I'm going to vote for him.

No other choice.

link   

a reply to: and14263

Okay, here....1890 through 1955.

Does that pin it down?

Man, either list those things that made 'Merica great or don't.

I can think of one... Slow cooked barbecued meat.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Trump to be honest. I think he understands how to appeal to the lowest common denominator by telling idiots what they want to hear. He's a savvy entertainer and businessman, and that, in my opinion, is what appeals to a lot of people. As far as any rational policy, Trump is basically an empty suit.

With that being said, why all the hyperbole of terms like "dictator"? Do people even understand what a dictatorship is? If Donald Trump were a potential dictator, why would he even utilize the electoral process? People intend to vote for him. You may not like him.... Hell, I can't stand him.... But if he's elected then he has mandate. Sorry, but that's the way democracy works. Sometimes the guy you don't like get's elected. Sometimes you're on the outside of popular will. It's just the way it is.

Instead of smearing someone with hyperbole, your time may be better spent promoting better ideas.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join