It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some insight on astral Projection and some other metaphysical areas?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Forgive me if this post violates anything (I'm more of a lurker than a poster, i don't even log on consistently, and I'm also dead tired at 4:39 AM)

So let me start this off with a short introduction. I've always been interested in lucid dreams (never achieved one, I don't remember my dreams that often
), the pineal gland and things like Astral Projection and OOBE as well as Binural beats (Especially Binurial beats). On another note, I don't believe in religion (so I don't fully believe the Hinduism aspects of the pineal gland), but I am open minded and like to call myself a spiritualist. One who believes in his spirit and the worlds above it.

I've allays been afraid of Astral projection but recently I've started tackling it. I normally try on nights (right before I go to sleep) where I can sleep late the morning after, and on my first real try while sitting in my bed in my pajamas (as if I were going to bed) but with my logitech headphones on playing a nice binurial beat track.

So now let me get into the bulk of why I'm starting this topic.

After a few minutes of just imagining myself leaving my body and really just focusing on all my body parts I began to feel very different. My throat started to get tight, my breathing increased rapidly, and my whole body just began to change I felt something close to shivers down my whole body but without the shivers aspect and after the first wave of those shivers (which lasted a few seconds) I felt very tight around my whole body.

That's where It ended, I wasn't necessarily scared as I reasoned this to be a symptom. As if I were about to send my body into paralysis for me to astral project. Oddly after it ended I felt really comfortable, but I could still feel some form of aftermath tightness. (I was able to do this again two days later (last night) and woke up still feeling that aftermath)

So here's what I'm asking. I need some more guidance, what should I do differently or next without putting myself in an accidental sleep paralysis trance?
Any recommendations for binurial beats or sound tracks promoting the activation of the pineal gland, lucid dreaming, or astral projection?
And most of all what do some of you guys do to promote these kinds of things or anything related to metaphysics like this?

(Side question - Does anyone believe in the power of crystals?)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hi,

I am curious, having viewed so many threads about this, what attracts you to try to project? I ask this because I have a suspicion that intention is the key to why many have problems achieving this.

I am interested in the "why". Is it curiosity, a need to seek answers, or is it just to experience different types of consciousness much how someone who takes drugs might do, ie for a particular sensation.

I'd also suggest a slightly different way of approaching the whole subject and this includes reading.

First, I'd have a look at thoughtforms. Get an understanding about them and begin to see how we are all capable of projecing emotion. After you read about servitors, you will probably begin to understand why meditation is an important tool and what raising our vibration really means.

Next I'd be looking into texts that will explain universal consciousness. I know of an excellent site that contains some crazy nonsense , but also has some real gold as to the nature of this and evil. Pm me for the details if interested.

Now, honestly after you understand why you are trying to achieve this it maybe easier to do if you wish.

Simple explanation for the tl;Dr.

Set your intention first. It's not as simple as thinking I want to do this. Think of your intention atm, being like a bulb in the dark but the batteries are low so it doesn't cast much light. Light is the intention and the batteries are your spirit. Work on raising your vibration to increase your spirit, this is what happens when we love others and engage in compassion and receive love.

I have crystals on my bedside, they look nice and I'm certain they'd come in handy if an intruder got into my house, but honestly you don't need them or binaural beats, do it the other way and you can achieve it just the same....... If you want to that is.

edit on 21 2 16 by auraofblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: auraofblack

Thanks for the reply. So basically you're saying power my intentions, makes sense. And yeah I would like that site or page whatever that has all this information. Please do PM me or I'll do it and ask if you don't .

But to truly summarize my intentions, day by day I grow more and more upset over my life and how unexciting it grows by the day.

BUT to avoid ranting I'll end that there. I've always found interest in metaphysics. It's like a whole new world to me and I truly feel relaxed and kinda excited with things like binaural beats. I know I need to get over my negative energies, but there is no doing if one does not try.

I'm looking for something out of this world. Something crazy and life changing that will fill me with this positivity that nobody has ever seen before (Well not to much, I don't want to be so positive that I'm weird).

But yeah, I'm on the epic quest for positive energy. lol

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Delteis

in my opinion you need to start with some simple easy meditation, like breath meditation. Did you try that?

With regular meditation you will get there sooner or later, it depends only on you. and you will get there naturally and when your mind is ready - to lucid dreams and eventually to conscious astral travels but you should train your mind regularly - every day.
Oh and also positive energy will raise automatically the more you will know your true Self.

You see in my opinion we are, for the sake of conversation, let say "spirit". And more you realize "spirit" within and without and remove false concepts, fears, ideas or any blockages out with meditation, more you will also feel whole, content and at peace.

Everything is a natural process, well it could be, if you let it...no need to rush into something like this, it can have serious consequences you know...but with positive intent and pure heart they can get avoided easily.

So my advise would be to work on that with contemplation and meditation and all else will fall into place by itself. You will not have to even lift a finger, just sit and naturally relax body and mind every day, before you go to sleep or when you wake up. And if you are really eager, try doing both.
edit on 1456052977209February092092916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

You may need to Pm me first as I'm a little thick and can't seem to workout how to Pm you.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity

in my opinion you need to start with some simple easy meditation, like breath meditation. Did you try that?

With regular meditation you will get there sooner or later, it depends only on you. and you will get there naturally and when your mind is ready - to lucid dreams and eventually to conscious astral travels but you should train your mind regularly - every day.
Oh and also positive energy will raise automatically the more you will know your true Self.

You see in my opinion we are, for the sake of conversation, let say "spirit". And more you realize "spirit" within and without and remove false concepts, fears, ideas or any blockages out with meditation, more you will also feel whole, content and at peace.

Everything is a natural process, well it could be, if you let it...no need to rush into something like this, it can have serious consequences you know...but with positive intent and pure heart they can get avoided easily.

So my advise would be to work on that with contemplation and meditation and all else will fall into place by itself. You will not have to even lift a finger, just sit and naturally relax body and mind every day, before you go to sleep or when you wake up. And if you are really eager, try doing both.

This and this. Raising your vibration if your new age inclined will raise your spirit. Now here's another thing as well, once your spirit becomes raised, you will understand just how demented this reality is, but you will also start to realise this isn't actually something you need to do, perhaps further research is needed first?

It all sounds terribly "wait and see" I get that. There are other ways of inducing this involving trauma, but that's outta my sphere of understanding, I have experienced this for myself and it's a path I'd recommend to none but the strongest of wills. Ego actually helps with that.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Woah...too much here to address at once. NEVER try it before bed...the odds are youll just fall asleep and the mind is too near its expected resting recharge. Neither attempt it while under the weather, angry, sick etc. Mood will affect the results and success.

If your breathing INCREASED youre going the wrong way.....your breathing should be shallow and slowed down. Mine gets to 4 breaths a minute. It used to scare my wife observing me, because she didnt know if I was dead or not. (roughly I inhale 71/2 seconds in, 7 1/2 seconds out x 4 in every minute). But its different for everyone.

I pulled these two points above from your post because they jumped out at me. Any further questions, contact me with pm U2U. I wont discuss on-forum in any depth.

MS

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Delteis
So here's what I'm asking. I need some more guidance, what should I do differently or next without putting myself in an accidental sleep paralysis trance?
Any recommendations for binurial beats or sound tracks promoting the activation of the pineal gland, lucid dreaming, or astral projection?
And most of all what do some of you guys do to promote these kinds of things or anything related to metaphysics like this?

(Side question - Does anyone believe in the power of crystals?)

Well let's get one thing straight. You can't be scared to go into sleep paralysis. In fact, sleep paralysis is what you want if you're trying to achieve an OBE. Any fear whatsoever will block you.

The moment you go into sleep paralysis, you can go out of your body.

I know you probably have seen article and comments about sleep paralysis being scary but to be truthful, it is what you mental make it. If you are scared, then you will have scary experiences. Yeah?

Someone here said start meditating. That's a good practice. The breathing will allow you to ease the mind and your heart rate. It opens up chakras as well. I use to do Qi Gong and meditate. I believe that really helped my achieve lucid dreaming as well as OBEs.

It's really just something you have to practice. Stop being fearful. You don't want to have bad experiences.

The beats and music seemed to hinder me when I tried it. I always felt that a quiet place in the dark such as a closing closet helped me.

I believe that when I wear my Amethyst, it helps me recall dreams ton better.

One last note. When you stiffen up, learn to vibrate faster and vigorously (without actually moving) for an extended amount of time. Just keep doing it. Try not to lose the moment. Meditation will help with this technique.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I would encourage anyone NOT to get involved with astral projection or inducing lucid dreaming.
The results could be dangerous and have side effects that you really wouldn't want to have in your life.
In my past, I have had several incidents of paranormal activity and have suffered physical side effects
from the experiences.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I would encourage anyone NOT to get involved with astral projection or inducing lucid dreaming.
The results could be dangerous and have side effects that you really wouldn't want to have in your life.
In my past, I have had several incidents of paranormal activity and have suffered physical side effects
from the experiences.

I do believe that having bad experiences can mess with you. My mother has told me about her experiences that I believe may have affected her day to day train of thought especially since shes a christian woman.

I do believe this is my first time hearing/reading about negative experiences relating to lucid dreaming.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr

originally posted by: mamabeth
from the experiences.

I do believe that having bad experiences can mess with you. My mother has told me about her experiences that I believe may have affected her day to day train of thought especially since shes a christian woman.

I do believe this is my first time hearing/reading about negative experiences relating to lucid dreaming.
there are countless stories all over the Web that talk of negative outcomes. Fear is something that usually happens when ones mind doesn't understand the stimuli it's getting. This is why I suggest practices that raise your spirit and increase your understanding of the different types of realities that are available for people to experience. Fear usually when projecting gets you straight back to body, but your consciousness has already experienced that reality, so understand it's there and your minds response was panic and fear through lack of understanding.

When you meditate and as a your spirit grows or vibration increases your understanding of fear becomes clearer and the fear of death kinda melts away. I have found at this stage the desire to project and access different planes diminishes.

What can I say about how raising your spirit feels.... For me it's kinda like frustration, you
can become fierce, your intution and ability to manifest becomes much stronger as does the understanding.... The loss of fear is a by product of that.

When you do it for the reasons that are presented by op you essentially make it much more difficult. Logic can't be applied to this, this isn't a subject that is governed by rational thought. If somehow you have circumnavigated this mechanism (it is possible) then I almost guarantee you that your response is gonna put you back in body.

Some substances can do this. Trauma can, physical or emotional. Walking the walk can too... You could try also looking at the eightfold path of a shaman, this will increase your understanding on plethora of different techniques to reach this state. But again, I can't stress it enough... Think long and hard as to why you need to do this.

Often the truth is far stranger than we really think.

edit on 21 2 16 by auraofblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

Yeah, i just don't want to end up ONLY getting myself sleep paralysis. True I guess I should research some meditation. Is the pose that important? Due to my hands not being able to move properly (I can't make my palms face the ceiling so I can't get them to rest on my knees).

I'm not necessarily fearful though, just trying to rid myself of my negative energy. And interesting, when I get the chance to buy a small crystal I think I might (Because I have done research but wanted to see if someone else had any opinions).

edit on 21-2-2016 by Delteis because: Read more of the comment I'm replying too.

edit on 21-2-2016 by Delteis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Interesting. I guess I was doing it wrong by trying to do it at night, I guess i'll do it when I'm awake at night so that my sleep doesn't hinder me or I'll set an alarm clock and wake up earlier.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Different strokes you know? Whatever works for you. Generally speaking, early morning, mid-day or early evening is best. Choose a quiet place.

PS. Ive found loosening my clothes, belt, shoes, jewelry, eyeglasses even...helps me focus. As you begin to go numb, I found I was still feeling even my wedding ring on my finger.

Objective 1-sit or lay palms up, learn to be still
Objective 2-if fortunate enough to feel no part of your body....youre on your way*

*Footnote: One needs to get to the point of not reacting to even an itch while youre attempting meditation or projection. Its hard not to scratch if you feel one coming on...but getting past that point means you are closer to leaving your body, as not responding to the outward...directs one INWARD.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Delteis
a reply to: Mizzijr

Yeah, i just don't want to end up ONLY getting myself sleep paralysis. True I guess I should research some meditation. Is the pose that important? Due to my hands not being able to move properly (I can't make my palms face the ceiling so I can't get them to rest on my knees).

I'm not necessarily fearful though, just trying to rid myself of my negative energy. And interesting, when I get the chance to buy a small crystal I think I might (Because I have done research but wanted to see if someone else had any opinions).

Sleep paralysis is going to happen. There's really no way around it. The Hypnagogic State is a precursor to Sleep Paralysis (being mentally awake while the body is asleep.) That is what is happening when your body is stiffening, your heart rate is dropping and putting your body to sleep.

No the pose is not important. You can do Qi gong aka Tai Chi. Same principle, but a moving meditation. good for getting the blood flowing too.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Another way to try and OBE is to activate it while you're sleeping. You'll have to harness lucid dreaming first and then one up from there. It's significantly harder tho and you don't always OBE in this realm.

There is another way to do it, one I've only heard of my mom tell me about. Somehow instantaneously coming out. She told me hers was spontaneous though. Can't even begin to explain how it's done.

edit on 21-2-2016 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr

Another way to try and OBE is to activate it while you're sleeping. You'll have to harness lucid dreaming first and then one up from there. It's significantly harder tho and you don't always OBE in this realm.

There is another way to do it, one I've only heard of my mom tell me about. Somehow instantaneously coming out. She told me hers was spontaneous though. Can't even begin to explain how it's done.

interesting... I always wondered if it was possible to just INSTANTLY OBE

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i've had sleep paralysis, vivid dreams, and lucid dreams as long as i can remember, back to my very first dream i can recall when i was around 4 years old. it's burned into my memory. the other night i had what i can think of as a "conscious" realization that i was having an out of body experience, or astral travel, projection, what have you. i'm really not sure wtf was happening, especially since i have never delved deep into anything involving astral projection. it just sort of happened naturally. and it was NOT a dream. i can't even call it that. it was some sort of awakening, it was very clear that experience was something VERY different than a dream. it threw me for a loop. turned my whole reasoning of reality, self, and being upside effing down.

and i have to tell you, since then some very strange things have been happening to me physically and mentally (mostly positive), and i feel like i am simply more aware (or sensing something new) in my waking hours.

i have to say, i'm a bit afraid to go to sleep now. what started out as fun to go to bed (because i LOVE lucid dreaming!) has now become a source of anxiety because an unpredictable balance has started. it's like i've opened up a door that i was not expecting to... nor did i ASK or try to get to this place.

i am not trying to discourage you from trying, but i WILL encourage you to be in a safe, honest place with yourself before continuing to attempt something such as this. the past two days i've been scouring the internet for other stories to try and prep myself for when it happens next, because i want to be prepared and be able to control it enough to where i can learn from this unique experience.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

i feel like i've unintentionally opened up a heightened sense. i never asked for this, or tried to reach it. just came to me, like a reflex. and now somewhat scary things are happening.

new topics

top topics

join