It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NYPD Officers Shot in Confrontation With Gunman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, this seems to be an ongoing epidemic. So many these days are taking up force with our officers.

This makes the 3rd or 4th officer that has been shot in the last several months. The officers will make a full recovery. The bad guy, most likely will not.

Hope for healing for the LEOs.

Two police officers were shot in a confrontation with a gunman who slammed his car into a police vehicle early Saturday, in the second on-duty shooting of multiple officers in the nation's biggest city this month, police said.

Officers William Reddin and Andrew Yurkiw were in stable condition after the 3:30 a.m. encounter, which happened as multiple officers converged and fired at an armed driver who had pointed a gun at some of the officers, fled and then rammed a police car, Police Commissioner William Bratton said.

The suspect, identified as Jamal Funes, 34, was in critical condition with multiple gunshot wounds, Bratton said. It wasn't immediately clear whether Funes had a lawyer who could comment on his behalf, and no telephone number for Funes' family could immediately be found.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Stats show that cops behing killed in the line of duty is lower than past years, i dont see any epidemic, well maybe the media is spining it that way.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Jamal....

Hmmm....

Dammsammit! There I go, bein all racis again!!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I'd be happy to write you a macro, if you'd like....I hate seeing energy wasted on such repetitive tasks....

Did you have a point, numbers can be your friend, but hey oh noes there coming for the good guy cops lol

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I was attempting to be nice and was offering to use my career skills to write you a macro.

Unlike parrots, the human brain does grow weary of such repetitious tasks.

I am merely looking out for your own best interests...and looking to free you up to more fulfilling projects and endeavors.

Dude you make no sense, just google cops killed in the line of duty and you will see theres less every year.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Back on topic...

I can't seem to get the link to work. I see the story flash by briefly, but then it's replaced by some election nonsense I didn't ask to see...

Just going on your snippet, though... The dude crashed into their car and then opened fired? What on earth was he on?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It's a dangerous time to be a police officer. It's too bad a few bad apples put police across this country in danger. Beyoncé's Super Bowl half-time show doesn't help by adding fire to a criminal element who want revenge by using deadly violence against police officers. You can't resolve violence with violence.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

That was my FIRST thought process....

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I was requested to write a paper on her in my sociology class, directly after the S.B., as we're the rest of my class (predominantly mixed as far as race is concerned). I thought I would be the old far that was discusted with her performance (that I did not watch, had to Utube it).

The entire class 100% of them thought her acTions were unprecedented, and of bad taste...
She may have just spread MORE hate, and violence. ...

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the statistics of police shootings. Perhaps shootings in the line of duty may be down from past years.

But I believe we may be seeing more activity with respect to police officers being hunted like wild game and slaughtered like animals. Or at least the "hunters" are attempting to kill them.

Even if the occurrence of such shootings are on the decline, they are now more publicized because of the web. Keep in mind that the people are not the only ones seeing these news reports. The police are also becoming more aware of the precariousness of their position when they see this happen.

In many cases LEOs are already skittish enough when dealing with unknowns. Activities like this only serve to drive the wedge deeper between "us" and "them."

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this because of what statistics allegedly show about cop killing. We are in a different age, and police officers are not the same people they were in years past. Violent incidents like this do nothing to improve relations between LEOs and civilians.

-dex

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You can't resolve violence with violence.

Tell that to every two bit dictator and the millions and millions they have killed. Somewhere they missed out on that passage in the good book.

Sometimes the only response to aggression is direct fast and decisive violence..

There are many reports and videos of cops behaving badly. The cycle of bad behavior begets bad behavior, is well known and studied by every psy department of the land.. The cops getting away with murder and shaking people down with state sanctioned money grabs will end hopefully before all this stuff really gets out of hand.. If not, then welcome to the new world..

I never had a problem with cops and have many retired friends I used to shoot with that were once cops... Even they shake their heads at some of the new breed of police officer being hired and the mind set they are trained with.. It is what it is.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It's not just the bad apples, it's their supervisors, unions, fellow officers at times..etc, the lack of accountability in general.
I wish a speedy recovery to the officers.
edit on 21-2-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

In my experience, I've found that when someone refers to words succinctly chosen to express a persons thoughts or feelings as "big words"....

It is because themselves suffer from having a vocabulary which does not include those words.

The sad thing is, where you have the opportunity to expand your vocabulary...as you could easily look up the words you do not understand or commonly use... to better express yourself....you choose to mock and ridicule.

Think about that.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This sort of sh!t makes me wonder why people are always so shocked when the police come in heavy handed, asking questions later.

The story never changes - some "oppressed" animal with a long rap sheet that was a major contributor to his neighborhood. I'm surprised they didn't show us his kindergarten graduation picture in the news.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Jamal....

Hmmm....

Dammsammit! There I go, bein all racis again!!!!

but your comment was an attempt to be racist. So it's fortunate you would call yourself out on it.
Just curious - what's your screen name on glp?
I'd like to read your comments when you're not being moderated for ethnic sensitivity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join