It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Van Dyke emcees Sanders rally at Reno nightclub

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.rgj.com...

“Woodrow Wilson, in 1913, said there’s an invisible force running the country, and he blamed the banks and the corporations and the insurance companies. And since then it’s only gotten worse. Ike (President Dwight D. Eisenhower) warned us about the military-industrial complex. Jimmy Carter, in an interview recently, said he couldn’t get anything done (as president) because of the power of the lobbyists. It’s at a place where the election is almost a little charade they let us go through. I think the thing is rigged. It’s been brought up so many times before, but nobody ever listens. And somehow, Bernie got their attention.”

Damn, I didn't even know he was still alive but I definitely didn't know he felt this way politically and son of a bitch I agree with him! The last time Dick endorsed a presidential candidate was back in 1968.

He recently turned 90, good for him!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I too was surprised to hear Dick VanDyke is still alive, great to hear he is Sanders supporter!

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Did he trip over the ottoman when he first entered the room?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So this proves he was a closet Commie all those years of the Cold War.
Hollywood was infiltrated long ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Dick Van Dyke is the dude , way to go at 90 !

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

One 90 year old actor endorses a political candidate and you come to conclusion he is a closet commie.....and Hollywood was "infiltrated"?

Jesus, some people lap-up the propaganda and rhetoric like a sponge.

On topic:

Good for this old man speaking his mind about his political beliefs, regardless of the candidate.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Your stuck in the 50s, closet commy lol, enjoy voting for trump or cruz.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Your stuck in the 50s, closet commy lol, enjoy voting for trump or cruz.

This guys show was in the days of black and white television, why should anyone care who he endorses today?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Knowing many USAmericans from when I was stationed at an Embassy in Washington, D.C. a very long time ago, I recall Dick van Dyke very clearly, and I would suspect that for many citizens of the USA that the actor is an icon of a better age that has vanished for many.

Were Dick van Dyke willing, Bernie Sanders could make remarkable inroads into Mrs. Clinton's usual demographic strengths by employing Dick van Dyke in the Sanders advertising campaign.

(I can imagine Trump sitting somewhere reading about this and saying, "Damn it! I need a Dick van Dyke. You! You go get me a Dick van Dyke to endorse me by morning or you're fired!")

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Bernie may have Dick but I hear Abe Vigoda is going to vote for Hillary.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Knowing many USAmericans from when I was stationed at an Embassy in Washington, D.C. a very long time ago, I recall Dick van Dyke very clearly, and I would suspect that for many citizens of the USA that the actor is an icon of a better age that has vanished for many.

Were Dick van Dyke willing, Bernie Sanders could make remarkable inroads into Mrs. Clinton's usual demographic strengths by employing Dick van Dyke in the Sanders advertising campaign.

(I can imagine Trump sitting somewhere reading about this and saying, "Damn it! I need a Dick van Dyke. You! You go get me a Dick van Dyke to endorse me by morning or you're fired!")

Maybe jerry van dyke is still around.

join