It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Veteran attacked in DC McDonalds after being asked if he thinks "black lives matter"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

That is also a very racist thing to say on your part...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Race relations in America have become worse under Obama because the conservatives in America can't stand a liberal black man as president, not because Obama has being calling all of them honky ass muthafookers.

Police have been killing black people at a disproportional level since this country was founded, it is only being covered because social media has created the market for covering these kinds of stories.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: chuck258

Are all black people part of it? Or are these just 3 ignorant teens that decided to ask the question to justify their stupid actions. www.snopes.com...

So while it's true Marquez was involved in an altercation and subsequently robbed, the identities of the suspects remained unknown. Police in Washington, D.C. told us that there was no evidence of a link between the dispute and Black Lives Matter activism, nor did any police reports suggest the teens were already wanted for a "previous incident."

You are making a lot of connections based on three teens that ID's are not known.

Did BLM comment on this case, since the people used the BLM name? Did they denounce this as racist?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes
Race relations in America have become worse under Obama because the conservatives in America can't stand a liberal black man as president, not because Obama has being calling all of them honky ass muthafookers.

Race relations have become worse in America under Obama because you're supposed to bow down and apologize for being white right now. I voted for the prick. I stand by anyone who gets shot down unjustifiably but I shouldn't have to be sorry for who I am any more then the next guy. I wasn't born rich, I don't have any advantages. I'm just a guy who thinks every american should be equal. Playing the #ing race game doesn't get us any closer to that and now I'm feeling on the defensive as opposed to where I was before, wanting to make it better. Maybe I fall into your conservative/liberal idea as a conservative now but my ideals haven't really changed, the narrative around me has

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

Police have been killing black people at a disproportional level since this country was founded, it is only being covered because social media has created the market for covering these kinds of stories.

You're so clueless it would be funny if it weren't so sad. I've been a conservative most all my life, and still to this day (what 7 years into his presidency) have yet to hear ONE other conservative I know say that they care what color Obama is, they just can't stand liberals period. The Libs have gone so far left and the Cons so far right that there's almost no hope of finding middle ground anymore, and a result has been a lot of hate between the two groups. I remember when I was younger and at least both sides respected each other somewhat.

As for the Police, maybe the disproportionate amount of crime the black community commits has a bit of an effect on the disproportionate amount of force shown back on them. Just simply looking at the FBIs numbers on crime would make it the natural reaction for an officer to be a little more on edge, and more careful with an African American suspect. Call it what you want to call it, but when the numbers back it up, it's just the truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: chuck258

In regards to those particular perpetrators - they have just answered their own question as to whether or not black lives matter.

They answered the question "does anyone's life matter?".
Get those boys a job at Goldman Sachs!

edit on 20-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
This becomes yet another example of why I and many other black people have distanced our selves from the black community...This type of racially motivated incident would honestly make MLK role in his damn grave.
smh...

People say "Black community" all the time and most take for granted that this monolithic culture group exists as if they all shared the same values and opinions. That very concept is problematic in that it leads to many simply accepting the majority view as their own. While bonding together for mutual support can be a good thing it also has it's negatives.

By way of comparison there is no "White community". Nobody accepts the idea of any equivalent perception among Whites or if they do it becomes racist by default because they are putting White interests first.

Even the label of African-American does nothing but promote the notion that Blacks identify themselves first by race and second by country. If the struggles for the last 150 years have been to achieve equality then why cling to these labels that enforce separate identities?

I'm sure the Marine who was victimized could have taught these young men some important things about what really matters having served in combat along side his American brothers and sisters of all races. There are no "Hispanic Marines" "White Marines" or "Black Marines" - there are only United States Marines.

Why can't we civilians take a page from the Marine Corps and think of our country first instead of our race, our political party or economic status? If we ever did this country would flourish in ways we never dreamed could happen. Maybe we've become victims of our own success and are too tied to creature comforts and live in constant fear of losing them.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The only reason any attention is given to this story is because of the victim. I highly doubt these dumb kids have anything do to with the black lives matter movement. Black teens ganging up on a stranger at a McDonald's is literally a daily occurrence. All you gotta do is watch world star hip hop. They were using the black lives motto as an excuse for their hate crime.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

People say "Black community" all the time and most take for granted that this monolithic culture group exists as if they all shared the same values and opinions. That very concept is problematic in that it leads to many simply accepting the majority view as their own. While bonding together for mutual support can be a good thing it also has it's negatives.

The black community does have a core common value. As racist as it is, its putting the interest and the issues that effect people of African-American descent before any other racial,ethnic and/or group of people. I don't want a part of it because it is clearly a racist position to have regardless of the well intended benefits that come with being apart of such a community. Any other principles or cultural values are consumed through social pressure from sub cultures within this community.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join