It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian leader gives wife-beating tips on Gaza TV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well ...... when you think you have seen everything here comes something new. How to properly beat your wife and it is from a Muslim. Wait a minute isn't it acceptable to beat your wife under Islamic law?

A top spiritual leader in the Palestinian territory of Gaza told a television audience last week how and when men can beat their wives, advising not to hit them in a way that “makes the face ugly.”

The shocking interview with Hassan Al-Laham, who holds the title “mufti of Gaza,” came during a weekly Palestinian Authority TV program on social issues. Explaining that divorce must be a last resort in Islam, Al-Laham laid out the four steps that should come first. "Allah said: Warn them [the wives], and separate from them, and hit them, and bring an arbitrator from his family and an arbitrator from her family," he said.

Al-Laham, whose title makes him the top spiritual leader appointed by the Palestinian Authority, then went into detail about how a husband should hit a wife.

The segment was flagged by the nonprofit watchdog Palestinian Media Watch. Director Itamar Marcus noted that the Palestinian Authority, which appointed Al-Laham and is responsible for the television programming which is beamed by satellite throughout the Arab world, is viewed as more moderate than Hamas, the terrorist group that governs Gaza.

“They actually think this is a moderate message – that it is okay to beat your wife,” Marcus told FoxNews.com. “This is their perception.”

LINK

So a spiritual man explains how to beat your wife MODERATELY...... and that it is OK.

WOW...... I want to talk about spiritual stuff too and often do but violence is where I draw the line. I have been happily married for 36 years and NEVER have I hit my wife. Why would anyone want to hurt those they love? I don't understand ..... maybe it is because I am not Muslim.

Does anyone think it is acceptable to beat their partner? Not only that but the wife can not deny her husband sex? Is this where they justify rape?

Besides my differences with the Islamic faith ..... this kinda puts the last nail in the coffin for me concerning Islam. ANY man no mater what faith has no right to beat women and rape......well lets see.... I am non violent but if I saw a man raping a woman.... I think I would forget to remember, "Thou shall not kill" and would be marked as a murderer after I got finished with the rapist.

edit on 18-2-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh, man ...
what a world what a world....

so what powers the minds of these kind of people is clearly a squirrel on a wheel....
wait no....evil squirrel...on a wheel

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Even Squirrels don't beat their wives ...

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Why would anyone want to hurt those they love? I don't understand ..... maybe it is because I am not Muslim.

No, you don't understand because you are not from Gaza. Plenty of Muslims also don't understand it. Plenty of Christians do. Don't let a backwards culture form your opinion on a religion that is practiced worldwide.

Does Christianity support removing women's rights? No. But a Muslim watching this might think so:

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Why doesn't the world just end people like this?

This is as asinine as the muslim cleric who said its ok to rape your wife.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sharia Law should be banned from the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

WOW...... I want to talk about spiritual stuff too and often do but violence is where I draw the line. I have been happily married for 36 years and NEVER have I hit my wife. Why would anyone want to hurt those they love? I don't understand ..... maybe it is because I am not Muslim.

You must not be a Christian either. Christianity condones both beating your wife and raping her.
Is It OK For A Christian Husband to Gently Beat His Wife?
You are not allowed to beat her to the point of hurting her but slapping her around like you are her pimp is just fine.
Can a husband rape his own wife?

QUESTION: Does the Bible teach that a husband can actually RAPE his own wife?

ANSWER: The general definition of rape is that it is the forcing of one person (usually a woman), against their will, to have sexual intercourse or commit sex acts with another person. Does this definition also apply to those who are MARRIED? What does the Bible teach about the proper sexual relationship between a husband and a wife? Does God give men CONTROL over the bodies of the women they marry? Let us look at what the Apostle Paul has to say on the subject. "Let the husband render his conjugal dues to his wife, and in the same way also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have power over her own body, but the husband; and in the same way also, the husband does not have power over his own body, but the wife. Do not deprive one another of conjugal dues, except it be by consent for a time . . . (1Corinthians 7:2 - 5, Holy Bible in Its Original Order - A Faithful Version) It is clear from the above verses that sex within marriage involves a concern for the needs of the OTHER person. Each person in a marriage transfers the right to use their body as they wish to the other person. In marriage, each one loses the sole authority they had over their bodies as when they were single. The duty to fulfill the other person's sexual needs does not stop unless by MUTUAL (not one-sided, as when sex is used like a weapon to get one's way) consent. Once the reason for refraining is fulfilled, the duty of providing for the other's needs goes immediately back in effect and for not any time longer.

It's this way in all the Abrahamic faiths the wife is a virtual slave to the husband. Just look at how many women here in the states that get beaten regularly by their so called Christian husbands.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wheres all the feminist to cry Patriarchy?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
"Battered Women"

Sounds delicious, but it doesnt make it right!

But seriously, how can you really love someone and spend quiet moments alone together after dominating and destroying someone like this?

Marriage is a partnership, not a master slave arrangement.

We are equal co-inheritors of gods grace and forgiveness with our spouses. Anything less is a waste of time and sick

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Is this new? Didn't we have this same discussion a couple months ago?

I suppose - - there could be more then one. Ya think?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I guess with the multiple wives they feel they gotta keep their options open eh?

Polygyny, I wonder how they'd view Polyandry. I'm sure stones would be involved.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Dont read it so literally, but put it in context with the Greatest commandment.

Matthew 22:36-40New International Version (NIV) 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

So with that, going back to your citation would negate the greatest of all commandments.

How can you love god if you dont love your nieghbor(that means EVERYONE) as he loves you?

God doesnt beat me for not having flowers or dinner ready, or rape me because he needed sex.

Context, it saves lives

edit on 2182016 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Would you suddenly care if you heard it?

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I showed my wife this and told her I'm considering converting for the privilegas afforded to me as a Muslim man, she said in no uncertain words "good luck *explitive removed* I'll *explitive removed* your "explitive removed* if you *several expletives removed*"

So yeah turns out I'm still a Christian and I'm making my own *explitive removed* dinner for the week.

link   
Not saying you're wrong, but for the record, google

"Is christwire org a satire".

link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Lysergic

Would you suddenly care if you heard it?

I'd probably be shocked instead of them jumping to defend Islam as per script.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

How can you love god if you dont love your nieghbor(that means EVERYONE) as he loves you?

Your wife is not your neighbor.

God doesnt beat me for not having flowers or dinner ready, or rape me because he needed sex.

God doesn't have to because according to his teachings that is what husbands are for. Unless God regularly shows up at your house expecting dinner and sex.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Might explain why they want all women's bodies completely covered. No one sees the bruises of their women and their women will not see that most western women do not have such bruising.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Or missing appendages, acidic scarification, etc.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Seriously? Troll.

Neighbor means everyone other than yourself, not in the housing district you happen to be in.

"The Hebrew word most often translated as "neighbor" is 'REA' and has a variety of connotations: friend, lover, and of course the usual sense of neighbor. In general, it might be used to refer to anyone who isn't an immediate kinsman or an enemy. Legally, it was used to refer to any fellow member of the covenant with God, in other words fellow Israelites."

Athiesm.about.com
edit on 2182016 by Butterfinger because: quotations

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join