It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam is closer to the teachings of Jesus than Christianity.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Islam teaches that God revealed eternal truth to prophets prior to Muhammad, including the prophets of the Hebrew Bible. Islam also recognizes the legitimacy of the sacred scriptures written by these prophets.

link

When we look at this way and add violence in Quran wouldn´t that make Islam extremely violent ? If you add old testament and new testament together the violence is not even close to what Quran and old testament have together.

Something to ponder about.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul
a reply to: Murgatroid

Hah!!! This is my opinion, I don't need proof, my intro was enough for me.

Nobody can prove God exists, and I only call the ignorant, ignorant because they/you are.

I just love reading posts so intelectualy stimulating

"I don't need proof". We noticed

Every one else is ignorant but you, you hold the special knowledge, you are the ONE with more

I think lots of people have noticed already

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Allah is the word "God" in Arabic, Christian arabs use the word as well. Read a book other than the bible.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

There has never been a beauty like that of a Prophet like Muhammad in this world or the next. May the Glory of God help him!

chûn jamâl-é aHmadê dar har dô kawn
kay bod-ast ay farr-é yazdânî-sh `awn

--from Mawlânâ's Masnavî, Book 6: verse 676
--from "Rumi and Islam," p. 145

www.dar-al-masnavi.org...

Seems pretty clear cut what Rumi thought of the Prophet Muhammad.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Wrong.

m.huffpost.com...

Both the Old & New Testament are more violent than the Quran.

Proven this week.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Christian, Jewish, Muslim, whatever...

We are all selfish d-bags that screwed up a simple message from our "creator."

To quote a sitcom hack that had a moment of clarity, "do good things and good things happen to you. Do bad things and they'll come back to haunt you."

Everyone needs to simmer down and gut check their own insecurities. I swear that all of our world's leaders (religious or otherwise) have incredibly small penises.

Just my 2 cents....
edit on 17-2-2016 by Eros1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
YAwnnn. OP there is something you should know. MUhammed was reported to be a decendant of Ishmail correct? ANd He is considered to be th eprophesized child according to most muslims right?

BUT here is where that falls down. Abraham may had screwed haggar but th epromise God made him was NOT between Haggar and him but was with SARAH. God said SARAH and ABRAHAM would bear the child of promise and that his line would one day lead to the messiah.

Muslims get this confused because it says th efirst born to Abraham BUT it was said to both him and sarah THEIR first born. Not A slave girl named haggar. SO Muhammed CANT be who he claims to be. HE took advantage of his lesser educated kinfolk.

Labtech has it right about muhammed.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: dollukka

Wrong.

m.huffpost.com...

Both the Old & New Testament are more violent than the Quran.

Proven this week.

But was jesus SPECIFICALLY? remember the OT is a history of the precursors of christianity and is to give understanding of Where it comes from. Also Jesus spoke in metaphore and parables alot(which means seemingly violent verses are not really that way)

The huffington post...isnt that bad as RT or the daily mail?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Huffington Post is the messenger, the source is the research that was done.

Secondly most of the violence in the Quran comes from the 600s, not written as a precursor to how to act now.

But nobody mentions that.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

a reply to: LittleByLittle

There has never been a beauty like that of a Prophet like Muhammad in this world or the next. May the Glory of God help him!

chûn jamâl-é aHmadê dar har dô kawn
kay bod-ast ay farr-é yazdânî-sh `awn

--from Mawlânâ's Masnavî, Book 6: verse 676
--from "Rumi and Islam," p. 145

www.dar-al-masnavi.org...

Seems pretty clear cut what Rumi thought of the Prophet Muhammad.

Even in this case I can point it back to himself. Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī.

Can you not see the difference between what Rumi and Muhammad taught? Rumi taught non duality oneness with god. No religion needed. But experience. No prophet. Direct connection.

The objective truth will probably be between my subjective view and yours. Either way we will one day be aware of the nuance of what Rumi really thought on Muhammad and every other blessed ONE thought of him.

edit on 17-2-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Allah is the word "God" in Arabic, Christian arabs use the word as well. Read a book other than the bible.

Archaeology disagrees, so does history...

Even Islam's very own pagan crescent moon symbol say your wrong.

When you add in all of the parallels between Islam and the other pagan religions, it's game over...

It is a well known fact archaeologically speaking that the cresent moon was the symbol of worship of the Moon god both in Arabia and throughout the Middle East in pre-Islamic times. Educated Muslims understand these facts only too well—better, in fact, than most Christians. Robert Morey recalls a conversation he once had:

"During one trip to Washington DC I got involved in a conversation with a Muslim taxi driver from Iran. When I asked him, 'Where did Islam obtain its symbol of the crescent moon?' he responded that it was an ancient pagan symbol used throughout the Middle East and that adopting this symbol had helped Muslims to convert people throughout the Middle East. When I pointed out that the word Allah itself was used by the moon-god cult in pre-Islamic Arabia, he agreed that this was the case.

I then pointed out that the religion and the Quran of Muhammad could be explained in terms of pre-Islamic culture, customs, and religious ideas. He agreed with this! He went on to explain that he was a university-educated Muslim who, at this point in his life, was attempting to understand Islam from a scholarly viewpoint. As a result, he had lost his faith in Islam. The significance of the pre-Islamic source of the name Allah cannot be overestimated" (op.cit., pp.52-53).

“The origin of this (Allah) goes back to pre-Muslim times. Allah is not a common name meaning “God” (or a “god”, and the Muslim must use another word or form if he wishes to indicate any other than his own peculiar deity” (Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics, I:326, Hastings).

What is particularly interesting to me personally is seeing the parallels between the evolution of Islam and the Roman Catholic Church, both of which absorbed pagan ideas in order to make converts. Muhammad was not alone in his plagiarisation of other religions.

The archaeological evidence demonstrates that the dominant religion in Arabia was the cult of the moon-god. The Old Testament consistently rebuked the worship of the moon-god (Deuteronomy 4:19; 17:3; II KIngs 21:3,5; 23:5; Jeremiah 8:2; 19:13; Zephaniah 1:5).

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

Everything in islam and its qur’an was stolen from Ancient Pagan Religions that predated it by thousands of years. The symbols are no exception and are nothing other than twisted corruptions of their much earlier and original Pagan versions.

islamic symbols STOLEN from Ancient Paganism

Thousands of inscriptions from walls and rocks in Northern Arabia have also been collected. Reliefs and votive bowls used in worship of the "daughters of Allah" have also been discovered. The three daughters, al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat are sometimes depicted together with Allah the Moon-god represented by a crescent moon above them. The archeological evidence demonstrates that the dominant religion of Arabia was the cult of the Moon-god.

The pagan Arabs worshipped the Moon-god Allah by praying toward Mecca several times a day; making a pilgrimage to Mecca; running around the temple of the Moon-god called the Kabah; kissing the black stone; killing an animal in sacrifice to the Moon-god; throwing stones at the devil; fasting for the month which begins and ends with the crescent moon; giving alms to the poor, etc.

The Muslim's claim that Allah is the God of the Bible and that Islam arose from the religion of the prophets and apostles. Islam is refuted by solid, overwhelming archeological evidence. Islam is nothing more than a revival of the ancient Moon-god cult. It has taken the symbols, the rites, the ceremonies, and even the name of its god from the ancient pagan religion of the Moon-god.

Allah the Moon God

"The source of this (Allah) goes back to pre-Muslim times. Allah is not a common name meaning "God" (or a "god"), and the Muslim must use another word or form if he wishes to indicate any other than his own peculiar deity." (Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics (ed. Hastings), I:326.)

According to the Encyclopedia of Religion, Allah corresponded to the Babylonian god Baal, and Arabs knew of him long before Mohammed worshipped him as the supreme God. Before Islam the Arabs recognized many gods and goddesses, each tribe had their own deity.

bayezid, who is Allah

“Historians have said Allah was actually the chief of the 360 gods being worshipped in Arabia at the time Mohammed rose to prominence. Interestingly, not many Muslims want to accept that Allah was already being worshipped at the Kaaba in Mecca by Arab pagans before Mohammed came. Some Muslims become angry when they are confronted with this fact. But history is not on their side. Pre-Islamic literature has proved this.” (G.J.O. Moshay, Who Is This Allah? (Dorchester House, Bucks, UK, 1994), pg. 138).

GOD AND ALLAH ARE DIFFERENT

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Allah is derived from Al Ilah, meaning The God...

It is nought to do with the moon.

Not a single Arab scholar, Muslim, Jew or Christian would agree with the apologetic stance you're conveying.

Edit: Also the crescent moon and star symbol came long after Muhammad recited the Quran. Just an FYI.
edit on 17-2-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Noted.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasalghul

Then go live over there for a year and follow islam instead of posting your opinions here without links.

Take plenty of pictures and write a journal. Then come back and tell us how wonderful Islam is over Christianity.

Regards,

SK

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You don't see any ironic parallels between Islam and Christianity in the ways they incorporate pagan religions?

This is just semantics, does that mean Arab Christians are worshipping a different God than American Christians because they call him Allah as well?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Oh man, honestly, Christians rebuking Islam for appropriating symbols and dieties from old pagan religions is hilariously hypocritical.
edit on 17-2-2016 by Slanter because: Stupid autocorrect

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rasalghul
Christianity is hopelessly ignorant of what the Most High God (Allah) wants, if they would read the Qur'an they would realize that Islam is the will of God, and that they are polytheist.

YIKES!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Not a single Arab scholar, Muslim, Jew or Christian would agree with the apologetic stance you're conveying.

Your logic simply does not hold up...

Of COURSE they will agree, if they do not, will soon be pushing up Daisies.

That makes just as much sense as saying that not a single Scientologist would agree that Scientology is a cult.

Like I said, in many places if you talk bad about Islam, you had better have your affairs in order.

The bottom line here is that either your sources are lying or mine are.

I'm going with the ones that have no facade or agenda to maintain.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You don't think "BibleBelievers.org" had an "agenda to maintain"?

Lol you're funny when you're not copy pasting a million sceptical sources.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
Oh man, honestly, Christians rebuking Islam for appropriating symbols and dieties from old pagan religions is hilariously hypocritical.

Perhaps you have Christians and Catholicism confused...

The fact that you used the phrase "hilariously hypocritical" leads me to believe otherwise.

The only thing the two share in common is one is genuine and one is a counterfeit.

Nice user name BTW: "Slanter"...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Huffington Post is the messenger, the source is the research that was done.

Secondly most of the violence in the Quran comes from the 600s, not written as a precursor to how to act now.

But nobody mentions that.

You mentioned it. thank you for that charlie. Anyway point is BOTH have things in it that are violent but as you say neither of those parts apply these days either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join