It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two 14-Year-Old Boys Arrested In Highway 75 Truck Shootings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
At least 8 trucks and two cars, possibly more, have been hit by gunfire on Highway 75, in Tulsa County Oklahoma over the last two nights. Several companies have sent out warnings to their drivers to reroute away from that area to be safe. Fortunately no injuries have been reported. There's a busy Walmart Distribution Center in that area, and most of the trucks targeted have been Walmart trucks.

Tulsa County deputies arrested two 14 year old boys today in connection with the shootings. Deputies were focusing on one specific area of the highway, where the shootings were happening. Patrols swept the side of the road looking for evidence of a shooter, and were going door to door on the west side of the highway asking for information. It was during that effort that the boys admitted they were doing target practice on the vehicles as they went by. They now face 16 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, and 16 counts of reckless handling of firearms.

I'm going to refrain from commenting on this for right now, as it would seriously break the T&C.

TULSA COUNTY, Oklahoma - Tulsa County deputies arrested two 14-year-old boys in connection with the truck shootings on Highway 75 over the last two nights.
They were arrested after deputies knocked on doors all morning along Highway 75 where the shootings happened. Sources said the boys confessed to doing "target practice" and didn't intend any harm.

Deputies said the teens will face 16 counts of assault with a deadly weapon and 16 counts of reckless handling of firearms.

Tulsa County Sheriff's deputies began investigating after nearly a dozen Walmart trucks and two other cars were shot at since Sunday night.

www.newson6.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Welp, only one possible solution. More gun control.

I assume they will be tried as minors.

Couldnt find what caliber they were using, but even a .22 would still be lethal.

edit on 16-2-2016 by frostie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

They haven't announced that yet. The arrest was just in the last hour or two.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Kids being reckless...

Maybe more reckless than climbing dangerous trees or the like...

But my eyes would be on the parents right now.
Absolutely appalling that they haven't been taught better than that.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

Welp, only one possible solution. More gun control.

How about holding the parents responsible?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of parenting they got. It doesn't seem like they have a lot of common sense, either.

I'm going to refrain from commenting on this for right now, as it would seriously break the T&C.

That bit got me curious. Is it because your emotions are high and you might say something you shouldn't?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I'm a truck driver. We have enough crap to deal with having to deal with idiot drivers, towns that don't want us around, and lack of parking. Having people shooting at us as well is just icing on the cake. Yeah, when it comes to this, they're just a teeny bit high right now.
edit on 2/16/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Okay, thanks. I was just curious. I would be mad, too, if driving a truck my job and some idiots were taking shots at truckers.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

How about holding the kids responsible as well?

You know how many kids think they can get away with stuff because of their age and how they're not "accountable" by adult standards? A whole flippin' bunch of the little brats. I know, have some 4-12 year olds terrorizing our stairwell right now playing the "knocking game" because they know they can pull the puppy dog eyes and child excuses and no one will punish 'em.

Shooting potshots at a trucker? These kids know how to aim and shoot, and they damn well KNOW what they're doing is wrong. They're TEENAGERS.

Call their parents out on it, community service for the twerps.
When they're older and driving a rig themselves, they can laugh at the irony.

edit on 2/16/16 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

More and more kids are doing adult crimes today. You have to wonder what goes through these kids heads. It's like they do things without thinking of the consequences of their actions.

I know in my day some kids used to throw snowballs at passing cars, which in itself was dangerous for the drivers. (I remember seeing drivers getting out of their cars chasing a kid down the street after a snowball hit their front windshield). Even though I witnessed kids doing this, I never took part in it. I think being raised by strict parents, kept me on the straight and narrow. I didn't like it than, but I appreciated it later in life.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Who doesn't have a growing up 'stupid is, stupid does' story about misuse of firearms? Its one of those valuable lessons learned early on about danger and responsibility.

Too bad this mars their life forever . 16 charges later they will have been taught the criminal justice system, not how to behave…

At least they weren't taking pot shots at school children on a playground.

(flame on) all those that don't have similar prankish behavior when they were kids.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Being raised on a military base, where if I did anything wrong, my father got in trouble kept me on the straight and narrow a lot more than a lot of kids at the time. I would never have dreamed of doing half the crap that most kids today do without even blinking.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
At least 8 trucks and two cars, possibly more, have been hit by gunfire on Highway 75, in Tulsa County Oklahoma over the last two nights. Several companies have sent out warnings to their drivers to reroute away from that area to be safe. Fortunately no injuries have been reported. There's a busy Walmart Distribution Center in that area, and most of the trucks targeted have been Walmart trucks.

Tulsa County deputies arrested two 14 year old boys today in connection with the shootings. Deputies were focusing on one specific area of the highway, where the shootings were happening. Patrols swept the side of the road looking for evidence of a shooter, and were going door to door on the west side of the highway asking for information. It was during that effort that the boys admitted they were doing target practice on the vehicles as they went by. They now face 16 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, and 16 counts of reckless handling of firearms.

TULSA COUNTY, Oklahoma - Tulsa County deputies arrested two 14-year-old boys in connection with the truck shootings on Highway 75 over the last two nights.
They were arrested after deputies knocked on doors all morning along Highway 75 where the shootings happened. Sources said the boys confessed to doing "target practice" and didn't intend any harm.

Deputies said the teens will face 16 counts of assault with a deadly weapon and 16 counts of reckless handling of firearms.

Tulsa County Sheriff's deputies began investigating after nearly a dozen Walmart trucks and two other cars were shot at since Sunday night.

www.newson6.com...

But but but guns are good. if only everyone would carry then they could have shot back in every direction, chances are that they would have hit someone that really deserved it.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

More and more kids are doing adult crimes today. You have to wonder what goes through these kids heads. It's like they do things without thinking of the consequences of their actions.

I know in my day some kids used to throw snowballs at passing cars, which in itself was dangerous for the drivers. (I remember seeing drivers getting out of their cars chasing a kid down the street after a snowball hit their front windshield). Even though I witnessed kids doing this, I never took part in it. I think being raised by strict parents, kept me on the straight and narrow. I didn't like it than, but I appreciated it later in life.

I remember as a kid (vividly, 30 years later) throwing chunks of mud into the street (relatively busy 25 mph residential street.) One kid threw a chunk that almost hit a car. The driver slammed his brakes on, burned a bit of rubber in reverse, jumped out of his car and scolded us, then told us to pick up all the chunks of dirt from the street. We did, and we never threw anything into the street again.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

How about holding the kids responsible as well?

You know how many kids think they can get away with stuff because of their age and how they're not "accountable" by adult standards? A whole flippin' bunch of the little brats. I know, have some 4-12 year olds terrorizing our stairwell right now playing the "knocking game" because they know they can pull the puppy dog eyes and child excuses and no one will punish 'em.

Shooting potshots at a trucker? These kids know how to aim and shoot, and they damn well KNOW what they're doing is wrong. They're TEENAGERS.

Call their parents out on it, community service for the twerps.
When they're older and driving a rig themselves, they can laugh at the irony.

They are more than obviously at fault for physically shooting the guns. My point being that the parents should have had better control of where they kept their firearms. That's what responsible gun owners do.
edit on 16-2-2016 by Zerodoublehero because: Nrg

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Roger that.
Understood and on your side with this.

If I had done something stupid like that with my .22 as a teen, I'd have to go cut a switch when Dad found out.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69

originally posted by: Zaphod58

www.newson6.com...

But but but guns are good. if only everyone would carry then they could have shot back in every direction, chances are that they would have hit someone that really deserved it.

Thank god they were not throwing rocks. Im sure you would be saying any rock bigger than a grain of sand no one should own right?

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Pretty stupid of these 2 kids but they're old enough to realize the danger of what they did and I suspect they're going to do some serious time in juvenile prison. I'm curious where they got the weapons and how much their parents may have contributed to it? The investigation will continue.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The count of charges is changing, I've seen one story that said nine counts, another that said 8 counts for each. Police said that they were knocking on doors in the area, and came into contact with a man that said his son and son's friend were out hunting both nights. They questioned both boys, with parents present and they admitted to the shootings. The trucks showed bullet holes anywhere from the cab, back through the trailer.

www.kjrh.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I was looking for a comparison to express how stupid I think doing something like this is.

"Well, that's almost as stupid as..."

I came up blank. This scenario is already one of the stupidest things I can think of for 14 year old boys to do.

Well done, lads. You are the epitome of stupid and there is a certain amount of stupidity that should not be excused.

Make it a very hard lesson.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join