It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia anti-doping ex-chief Nikita Kamaev dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Russian anti-doping ex-chief dies

Well i'm not surprised to read that this has happened after the IAAF enforced the suspension order on Russian athletics.

Rusada said the cause of death was "a massive heart attack".

A very suspiciously timed heart attack.

It reminds me of the win at all cost mentality of cold war russian athletics (summer and winter) and the far reaching repercussions for coaches and officials who brought the Russian name into disrepute.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Loque76

He could have blown the whistle-after all there was a chance that Russia could've been removed from this years Olympics and a lot of money goes into the development of every nations athletes-and if they were pulled from the Olympics then that is a lot of money down the drain.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
No chance he's been permanently silenced by the authorities who are up to their necks in the criminality of it all!?

The WADA report indicated that the doping in Russian athletics was “state sponsored”. I wonder how far this goes up the Russian government?

Being caught out is embarrassing for Russia. Being implicated in a state sponsored programme of doping is really embarrassing. Being banned from the Olympics would be highly problematic for the Russian government, and personally embarrassing for Putin. Maybe this death was a way to silence a potential whistle-blower.

WADA Independent Commission Report

new topics

join